Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    C’mon, Bookwalter blended Chardonnay and Viognier and called it Couplet! Oh, that’s Richland.
    Sorry.
    LOL! Tri-Cities can think they are all that and an atomic bomb but they will never be as cool as W2!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Mebee Steve is just out skiing?

pffft, you can post on opioids, I did it for months just last year.

I've been posting on opiates for 3 weeks

I've always found hospitol opiates ratther disappointing, i didnt get high ... just fell asleep

maybe i should have asked for more ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    LOL! Tri-Cities can think they are all that and an atomic bomb but they will never be as cool as W2!
    Not I, we call it the dry shitties for a reason. I'm not sure why the indigenous think this place is so amazing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Did he get him gender reassignment surgery or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    Not I, we call it the dry shitties for a reason. I'm not sure why the indigenous think this place is so amazing.
    Are you there for work? I had a 6 week trial there one Fall and will admit the weather was beautiful for that time of year (at the time I was a Seattle native) but beyond that I don't find much pretty about it. Richland is IMO better than Kennewick or Pasco.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Did he get him gender reassignment surgery or something?
    LOL!

Anyone interested in Ellensburg can follow their FB page. They post up some cool stuff about history, events and outdoor activities. I've never spent any time there but it looks nice.

myellensburg.com
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Are you there for work? I had a 6 week trial there one Fall and will admit the weather was beautiful for that time of year (at the time I was a Seattle native) but beyond that I don't find much pretty about it. Richland is IMO better than Kennewick or Pasco.

LOL!

Anyone interested in Ellensburg can follow their FB page. They post up some cool stuff about history, events and outdoor activities. I've never spent any time there but it looks nice.

myellensburg.com
    They don’t mention the wind
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Yeah... there is the wind factor but I wonder how bad it is across the area as a whole - could be pockets where it's not so bad. We have a lot of wind in W2. I had no idea how often it is windy prior to making the move and I thought I'd spent a lot of time here and had a pretty good handle on the weather. Guess I'd missed all the windy days.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Burlington, VT is a metro and not a micro. Who knew?
    Well, the cutoff was 50k for the "metro" area, and Burlington easily exceeds that.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I lived in the Yakima Valley and once you get over some of the realities of the place it really isn't terrible. I like the southern Wa Cascades, the Yakima Canyon, the orchards and vineyards, the lack of pretention...

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Well, the cutoff was 50k for the "metro" area, and Burlington easily exceeds that.
    Right. It sorta blew me away that the metro area is over 200K. And that's if you don't include Plattsburgh, IIRC. FWIW I must have misread the criteria to be a micro, as I thought it was <50K in the core. Oh well.

Yeah... there is the wind factor but I wonder how bad it is across the area as a whole - could be pockets where it's not so bad. We have a lot of wind in W2. I had no idea how often it is windy prior to making the move and I thought I'd spent a lot of time here and had a pretty good handle on the weather. Guess I'd missed all the windy days.
    Cle Elum is 25 miles west of Ellensburg, so an easy sub 30 minute drive on that section of I-90. Not entirely sure if it's significantly less windy than Ellensburg though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Koons View Post
    Amirite? Am I fuckin rite? Somebody testify. Gun held sideways. You want to meet up to ski? Eat a dick, worthless scum jong.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandSnow View Post
    Cle Elum is 25 miles west of Ellensburg, so an easy sub 30 minute drive on that section of I-90. Not entirely sure if it's significantly less windy than Ellensburg though.
    I've always liked Cle Elum (and Elk Heights) and thought it would be a nice place to live if you needed to be within reasonable driving distance to Seattle. Had some friends who thought the same thing and moved there but after 3 years of dodging forest fires and having to evacuate livestock they moved to Ellensburg where they are very happy. Got a steal on a great place to boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    yup, that's their listed criteria for a MSA. the weird thing is if you read the report, they list #5 Bozeman as having a population of 107k people. Findlay, OH as 75k, Key West as 77k people. leaving me even more baffled than before as what communitys were included in this and why.

the report itself is interesting to think about if you "want to work in a cool town" because it outlines where the jobs are found. Or not found. 74.1% of income in Jackson was "non labor".

Key West year-round population is like 27K or so. Not making any real point, just saying.

Wife's job. We were in white salmon for 7 yrs prior to tc. Definite downgrade. Eburg is on our radar.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

With that much wind you should put up wind generators and sell the power you dont use to the hipsters down the road with the startup beard wax bissness.

This is just east of Ellensburg. Wild horse wind and solar facility.

Name:  0512powerwindfarm.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  70.2 KB

Fun fact, this facility is located on Whiskey Dick Mountain. I shit you not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Koons View Post
    Amirite? Am I fuckin rite? Somebody testify. Gun held sideways. You want to meet up to ski? Eat a dick, worthless scum jong.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    What they also didn't mention was the wind in concert with the dairy farms....ah, yes....that'll get you out of bed in the morning, wretching to high heaven if the wind's going the right direction and you're in the wrong place.

Not really sure where to put this, but this is an excellent piece that sums up much of Colorado west of Denver:

https://www.cpr.org/news/story/the-f...in-park-county

Findlay OH = Marathon Oil HQ. A whole lotta oil money that inst in TX or OK.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    What they also didn't mention was the wind in concert with the dairy farms....ah, yes....that'll get you out of bed in the morning, wretching to high heaven if the wind's going the right direction and you're in the wrong place.
    No dairy farms here and I'm thinking the same for Eburg but between here and there - Granger, Grandview, Yakima most def.

Sometimes if the wind is right maybe a couple times a year I can smell the Simplot stock yards on Dodd Rd in Burbank.

not sure of the specifics besides population, but always thought Breckenridge was better than most large cities. unless you need a local major league sports team to follow, it's not missing anything imo.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !