Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone Tested Virtika Gear? / Sale PSA

Virtika is having a 50% off sale their store sale so I was curious if anyone has tested their gear. I've seen their name around for the last few years so they must be selling decent enough stuff to survive or just have very good marketing. They have 25k waterproof/breathability, taped seams, etc. I understand this probably isn't arc'teryx level stuff but it seems hard to beat for $100. Maybe a good route to take for a skier on a budget?

I haven't owned arc'teryx but I'd say Virtika is on parr with the good outerwear companies. I got mine for an even better deal than they are running now but I think they've made some improvements.
    Get a matching signature suit and you will stay dry/warm and have lots of good pockets.

Dave Lesh seems like a huge douche. If you like supporting douches, then this is a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Dave Lesh seems like a huge douche. If you like supporting douches, then this is a great deal.
    Agree, fuck that guy.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im going with hes a turd sandwich
    and
    gat packin shit sammies don't get my business
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

This was basically my first thought when I saw the title
    skid luxury

Not into supporting douchers. Did a little research and this article came up. Maybe he's just a kid with a chip on his shoulder that made some bad decisions? Not saying he's a good guy, but maybe not the super douche a lot of articles make him out to be

https://www.newschoolers.com/news/re...esh-FD-Exposed

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    thanks for the urinal cake journalism link from tall tee skittletards land ,who take his advertising dollars
    shit at this point they probably take any add revenue to keep that turd from swirling down the shitter
    nope hes either a giant douche or a turd sandwhich
    despite what you read on the intertubez and called research
    now run along and crank that shredsauced pud and sad spam back over there
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

^^^ what he said. Not sure how anyone reads that article and arrives at the conclusion that the guy's not a douche.

He's just a kid that made bad decisions. And continues to make bad decisions. And is a douche who makes shitty clothing that's extra baggy so upper middle class white kids can act like they're hiding guns in their waistband. Because the blue square terrain park is a rough place, so you better be packing heat. Rumor has it that the Crips have a strong presence near the kinked rail.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    thanks for the urinal cake journalism link from tall tee skittletards land ,who take his advertising dollars
    shit at this point they probably take any add revenue to keep that turd from swirling down the shitter
    nope hes either a giant douche or a turd sandwhich
    despite what you read on the intertubez and called research
    now run along and crank that shredsauced pud and sad spam back over there
    Is that hard no?

^^^ what he said. Not sure how anyone reads that article and arrives at the conclusion that the guy's not a douche.

He's just a kid that made bad decisions. And continues to make bad decisions. And is a douche who makes shitty clothing that's extra baggy so upper middle class white kids can act like they're hiding guns in their waistband. Because the blue square terrain park is a rough place, so you better be packing heat. Rumor has it that the Crips have a strong presence near the kinked rail.
    To be fair, it looks like he does hide guns in his waistband...not sure why he needs them though.

I'm gonna go with the rest of the gang and say: douche.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

That Newschoolers article is one of the worst pieces of writing I've ever skimmed:

"He grew up poor (but cultured), made questionable choices in his younger years, and turned the corner into a successful businessman."

Poor but cultured? Seriously? It's like William F Buckley and Kid Rock had a baby who decided to pursue a career praising douches.

Okay okay, I was just trying to present the other side of the story but you guys aren't going for it which has me believing the newschoolers article is an outlier.

Soooo, any other companies doing something similar with a higher quality founder? (affordable performance outerwear, looking specifically for shell bibs)

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Not into supporting douchers. Did a little research and this article came up. Maybe he's just a kid with a chip on his shoulder that made some bad decisions? Not saying he's a good guy, but maybe not the super douche a lot of articles make him out to be

https://www.newschoolers.com/news/re...esh-FD-Exposed
    They should have called that article "Damage Control" or "Tits on a Whale". It was clearly a PR handjob piece, and not a very good one.

And that video that everyone is upset about reminds me of the old Whiskey snowboard vids, only douchier.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvRi8idHzL3/

Nope...not a douche at all.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

+1 douche.

Oxygen thief

Anyone Tested Virtika Gear? / Sale PSA

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Okay okay, I was just trying to present the other side of the story but you guys aren't going for it which has me believing the newschoolers article is an outlier.

Soooo, any other companies doing something similar with a higher quality founder? (affordable performance outerwear, looking specifically for shell bibs)
    Penguin is small start up with good quality gear. Not sure they ship to US though

Edit: start up is wrong word as they’ve been around a few years. Just small and niche.

Whenever I see people wearing Virtika gear at my local hill I automatically think "Oh, that guy's probably a douche like David Lesh". I usually turn out to be right.

I also like to judge people based on words and pictures on the internet and the clothes they wear.

I recently listened to his podcast on The Powell Movement and liked him a bit more, but yeah, I'm not going to spend a dime on any of his gear.

I do respect how he built his brand from scratch with little resources, contrary to popular opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by V-rex View Post
    I also like to judge people based on words and pictures on the internet and the clothes they wear.
    I'm going to judge him based on his fetish for illegal (and fucking moronic) use of a firearm (that infamous vid from years back).

Looks like he's still hasn't learned...

Quote Originally Posted by bw_wp_hedonism View Post
    Penguin is small start up with good quality gear. Not sure they ship to US though

Edit: start up is wrong word as they’ve been around a few years. Just small and niche.
    Seems like a good brand. Wouldn't necessarily call them affordable tho, seems like pretty standard pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by V-rex View Post
    "Douche presents himself as a douche. Gets offended when people decide he's a douche."

If it walks like a douche, and it talks like a douche, it's probably David Lesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    I'm going to judge him based on his fetish for illegal (and fucking moronic) use of a firearm (that infamous vid from years back).

Looks like he's still hasn't learned...
    Yeah, so, while I'm certainly not on Team Lesh, I feel like you're taking the bait here... it's a video...

You gonna turn him in for that Marmot in the city limits too, Walter?