Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    I think its also important to note that if you haven't been on a Moment in the last couple years then you need to try them again because the construction methods, carbon, fiberglass, epoxy and other materials are dramatically different than they were. Some people in this thread were trying to talk about the way our skis felt that were built over 10 years ago...not a good benchmark by any means.
    FWIW my observations above should not be construed as a negative about the ski feel of the Moments I've been on, at all. They were (are) great skis. I would for sure like to try some of the newer stuff. Finding demos in Colorado is pretty tough (though I'll admit I haven't really been in the market for new skis in a few years and haven't made a strong effort to seek out a demo)

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    FWIW my observations above should not be construed as a negative about the ski feel of the Moments I've been on, at all. They were (are) great skis. I would for sure like to try some of the newer stuff. Finding demos in Colorado is pretty tough (though I'll admit I haven't really been in the market for new skis in a few years and haven't made a strong effort to seek out a demo)
    Good news. We have several new retailers all carrying demos in Colorado for 19/20!

Good news. We have several new retailers all carrying demos in Colorado for 19/20!
    This is awesome. Are any of them going to be in Summit or any other Mountain town, or all on the Front Range?

I think many of you will be happy to know that for 19/20 almost all the mens skis are moving from an Aspen/Pine core to a Aspen/Ash core, including the Deathwish.

Hell yeah, this is an excellent decision. Normal Wildcat will be Aspen/Ash too? Which ones will continue to use Pine?

I think many of you will be happy to know that for 19/20 almost all the mens skis are moving from an Aspen/Pine core to a Aspen/Ash core, including the Deathwish.

We have been testing these all season and everyone has been loving the change and falling in love with the skis all over again. Definitely a great update with quiets the skis down and provides are more lively pop in the ski than just putting a bunch of plastic in there. The harder Ash wood also adds even more strength to the ski than Pine.
    Damn just bought a pair of 18/19 Deathwishes last week. How much weight does the aspen/ash add?

Exciting! I will also be stoked to try some. Any chance they'll have some touring options with demo tech binders?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

This thread is peak TGR. So which snowboard will be better? The ON3P or Moment?
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    This thread is peak TGR. So which snowboard will be better? The ON3P or Moment?
    Kemper. Composite core removes wood type argument from the equation. Plastic fantastic for the win!

I was looking for wildcat beta(116) but skinned through all the pages. Absolutely zero useable info. I'm sure we can come up w another couple pages of that for shits and giggles

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I've got some Wildcat 108's being pressed this week... and will provide some actual feedback soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I've got some Wildcat 108's being pressed this week... and will provide some actual feedback soon.
    The 108 would better fit in with my current skis. I saw someone selling a 116 , so I thought I'd see what they're about. They wanted to much but I'm curious now. Is it just a renamed Bibby? Site gives dimensions but no radius or camber amount
    WoodsmN would be a good addition in that 108 slot too I bet

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    The 108 would better fit in with my current skis. I saw someone selling a 116 , so I thought I'd see what they're about. They wanted to much but I'm curious now. Is it just a renamed Bibby? Site gives dimensions but no radius or camber amount
    WoodsmN would be a good addition in that 108 slot too I bet
    Wildcat is bibby which is blister pro which is old mustache rocker bibby.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Wildcat is bibby which is blister pro which is old mustache rocker bibby.
    Ah thanks. A few posts alluded to that but nothing definitive

I might have to pick them up if they are a slightly more directional and chargy K108.

With all the woodsman demo reviews coming out there has to be someone that can give us an actual review of the WILDCAT 108??
    Last edited by m9d559; 04-08-2019 at 01:09 PM.

He means Wildcat 108. Not Wren 108.

Which brings me to my rant, can we stop with the fucking acronyms already? It makes it impossible to search and leads to confusion. Goddamn smartphones making everybody too lazy to type out complete words. Get off my lawn.

I figured in the wildcat/woodsman thread it would be clear but I agree it is hard to find stuff when there are 5 different name variations.

Wren108s have been referred to as w108s for years, so easy mistake to make. I too thought you asked for a wren108 feedback, and it puzzled me too

There are some woodsman108 reviews popping up in the main ON3P thread. Might be worth checking out. Glad to hear that people are stoked on em though!

Quote Originally Posted by m9d559 View Post
    With all the woodsman demo reviews coming out there has to be someone that can give us an actual review of the WILDCAT 108??
    I did. Like five hunnerd words. However I cryptically posted it in a thread called Moment Skis Discussion. search jong? also did you come to the forum to demand a ski review?

Nope. Just excited for the new skis and comparisons from people that have ridden them. Cool thanks.

Not knocking the designs of either ski. But how many of you looking for a woodsman or wildcat 108 have skied a kartel 108 and actually found the speed limit? I feel like I can push that ski hard as I want.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Not knocking the designs of either ski. But how many of you looking for a woodsman or wildcat 108 have skied a kartel 108 and actually found the speed limit? I feel like I can push that ski hard as I want.
    I wouldn't say I found the speed limit, but I did find the tails of the kartel 108 to wash out really easily. They didn't want to hold a clean arc through cut up snow. That's not an issue I have on my Bibby's or a few other skis with similar shapes / intentions. So yeah, wasn't a fan of the k108.

I am one of the guys looking for a tweener without having skied the Kartel 108. I just tend to like something between a traditional and ultra progressive mount. My experience with Bibbys at -6 makes me think -4 of the Kartel is too centered for me, but the Wren is more traditional than my favorite skis or at least for the quiver spot I'm trying to fill. Iggy seems to back this sentiment up to a degree by recommending either the Kartel or Wren based on prefered mount point.

But you may be right. I may jump on a Kartel and just love it. If I get a chance to AB all of them that would be ideal.

It's not the speed limit, here are the reasons I'm considering a Woodsman for next year over a Kartel:
    -mount point further back
    -longer sidecut radius
    -bi-radius sidecut instead of elliptical
    -possibly less tail rocker, meaning that the tail will have more energy when you load it up

In other words, I'm very much a Wren skier. I don't go backwards, I push on the front of the ski, and I prefer a long turn radius. But, I'm getting old and my fiancee doesn't ski fast, so I need something in the quiver that I can ski with softer boots and not need to go 30mph+ at all times, and I just don't click with jib skis. The Woodsman seems to split the difference.

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    While the WD108 does perform slightly better/quieter than the K108 (now Jeffrey 108) in high speed crud busting scenarios, the creation of this ski wasn't about speed limit as much as it was coming up with something to suit a particular skier style. Also, I think your years of experience on BGs and skis like it has made you a very well-balanced skier, which your K108s reward you for.

Even with the creation of the Woodsman, the Jeffrey is still a better line for skiers who don't need/want to drive their tips to initiative their turns, and/or for people who like to ski backwards for more than 10 seconds at a time. I'm not saying you can't get a little forward on the Jeffrey and still ski it, the Woodsman just tolerates this particular stance better, especially in adverse conditions.

Upright skiers who spend 99.9% of their time not skiing switch (like Iggy and me), but still like to initiate turns in more than one way (driving, checking, smearing, and the rest of the cliche adverbs used to describe turning), and like to lean forward to push turns through shitty or choppy snow at high speeds, now have a line of skis from ON3P that will do so with less effort, and with better control than Wrengades, which do some turn shapes very, very well and intuitively, but take a considerable effort to manipulate into others.