Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I have the current Carbon Travers and love it. I have the newer Maestrale (Orange) which I rarely use since the Carbon Travers skis downhill almost as well and uphill much better. The fiddle factor on the Travers is as low as it gets.

But to the question at hand, I am confused by what the rep says in the video. Doesn't the current Carbon model already have a carbon cuff? If so, what is so new about next year's boot? Maybe it is 50grams lighter and a newer BOA? What am I missing?

I've broken the boa mounting plate twice on my Fischer's, cracked the shell, and broke off one of the brass boa loops. I love the boots, but they have not held up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by djhutch View Post
    I have the current Carbon Travers and love it. I have the newer Maestrale (Orange) which I rarely use since the Carbon Travers skis downhill almost as well and uphill much better. The fiddle factor on the Travers is as low as it gets.

But to the question at hand, I am confused by what the rep says in the video. Doesn't the current Carbon model already have a carbon cuff? If so, what is so new about next year's boot? Maybe it is 50grams lighter and a newer BOA? What am I missing?
    The current version has a carbon sole for torsional rigidity & a carbon-infused Grilamid upper shell. The new version appears to have a full carbon upper cuff (or at least more richly infused Grilamid)... which still doesn't do shit as it transmits all the power to the lower shell which appears to be made of gelatin reinforced with overcooked pasta ribs for maximum deformation potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Did you experiment with anything that effectively added rearward stiffness to your boots?
    I put some thought into it.

Coupla basic conceptual ideas came to mind. No clue if they'd really work in the real world.

1. An easily re/re external rigid rod that spans from a mounting point on ski topsheet to upper boot rear cuff area. See pics for an rough idea of what that would look like. Something like a section of hollow alu or carbon ski pole could be a light material to use? Real world effectiveness would be influenced by ski flex obviously...so perhaps only valid for skis with stiff underfoot to tail flex patterns? Dunno, it'd be cool to try it out and see.

2. Using a very rigid material, a curved 'exoskeleton' or some sort of removable rigid rear brace than extends from boot heel shelf to top rear of cuff. Obviously would work best if the shelf is totally free and exposed as a mating surface such as when using tech binders...could probably mold something to fit in the recess of the boot/binding heel piece attachment point if required too though if using dh binders.

In pic i just used a piece of coat hanger to illustrate the basic concept...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1110419.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	286941

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1110418.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	286939

Name:  P1110420.JPG
Views: 1224
Size:  178.3 KB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1110417.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	286938  
    Master of mediocrity.

Why not just get a stiff boot?

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post

Sure, but where's the fun in that?
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post

cause uphill
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Travers CC weight.

New Fischer Sports catalog is online and claims 930g.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    I've broken the boa mounting plate twice on my Fischer's, cracked the shell, and broke off one of the brass boa loops. I love the boots, but they have not held up for me.
    Good thing my instep is so high I hardly ever even engage the boa up or downhill, and if I do it’s just a wee bit

Anyone checked these out, or even skied in them yet? Thoughts on comparison to Dynafit TLT8 Carbonio?

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox510 View Post
    Anyone checked these out, or even skied in them yet? Thoughts on comparison to Dynafit TLT8 Carbonio?
    I think you’ll notice a difference in fit, and the Fischer might be a bit stiffer torsionally through the lower boot.

Fondled these at the shop today, but didn't have my size so I didn't carpet test them. One of the employees got a pair to replace the OG carbon ones but hasn't skied them yet. His take was they may be a little torsionally stiffer, but the flex seemed pretty equal. He quite didn't see they point in them either other then Fischer has a carbon cuff boot to sell.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Guy I know blew the joint out of the carbon cuff and reverted to the previous year model. He’s not a huge dude, skis hard and a lot, and it’s anecdotal but hey. I’m not rushing to upgrade.

Yeah, my OG ones are getting a little sloppy and will probably just replace them with a pair of CS's.

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    Fondled these at the shop today, but didn't have my size so I didn't carpet test them. One of the employees got a pair to replace the OG carbon ones but hasn't skied them yet. His take was they may be a little torsionally stiffer, but the flex seemed pretty equal. He quite didn't see they point in them either other then Fischer has a carbon cuff boot to sell.
    I ski both the CC and CS. The CC is laterally stiffer and a stiffer flexing boot.

Looks like the CC were recalled for cracking.

https://www.wildsnow.com/27628/touri...er-travers-cc/