Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Yeah, that looks just like Sunday River, meh.
    Ha. It's still going to way way more fun than a similar snow day in Maine!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    Why would you fly to Canada and ski anything out of Banff and not Kicking Horse? That blows my mind. How bad is Kicking Horse's marketing? Honest question.
    Only because Banff is on the Ikon

Thanks for all the advice and conditions updates. I think I'm going to rent another car and just head to where the best snow is once Im up there, as someone suggested. The group im with are locked in to the Ikon resorts but I'm willing to buy day passes to wherever. Hopefully the weather pattern changes and we get some snow while we are out there.

been away from banff for 2 weeks, (skiing in MT) and just got back. Skied LL today. its warming up, skiing VERY well, with chaulk like snow and wind buff. damn its kinda pretty here, and the skiing never really gets bad

Just spent a nice week in Revy and Banff - views are spectacular! Revy was humbling for a couple of intermediate boarders. Conditions were hard pack and that hill could use a refresher. The sun at LL made the -22 F morning temps irrelevant. We blew right through Golden/Kicking Horse and the locals let me know we missed a gem. During our planning, we considered Kicking Horse. But because of Golden's location and the potential for highway closures, it seemed like planning 3 destinations was a bit much.

If you have the resources and flexibility, it seems like booking a flight and rental and then riding the tide is the way to go. Revy and Banff weather forecasts were all reliable on their websites

Just got back from a similar trip last week and can confirm that the snow canadians complain about is still Angel Butter for typical east coasters (this year might be an exception). Most faces still skiied well with with a few minutes of sun on them. Goats Eye reloaded just from the wind while we were there, although the upper cat track was closed. (don't get lazy if you hike to stuff - beware of how the wind can still shape cornices even when it hasn't snowed a bit). Best snow we found along the transcan was hiking for it at Kicking Horse. Revy trees are still my favorite trees - although the low pack made some of the drops a little bigger than they were a year ago. If you see a man-sized hole in the runout below the Back 40 glades, that me.

Name:  gopro.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  84.2 KB