Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Fischer 3D feet app results

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0424.JPG 
Views:	225 
Size:	210.4 KB 
ID:	272261

So, Fischer says I need 27.5 boots but 26.5 is my size.

So I need to punch any performance boot 12 mm across the met heads. Still 10 mm punch even if I hit 27.5 boots.

Even Rossi jumbo-max comfy sofabed foots need a 6 mm stretch.

EDIT: I was hoping the app would analyze dimensions of all Fischer ski boots and present a 3D fit like their shop one can.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Boy, our feet seem really similar everywhere except the heel -- my heel is ~65 mm not ~80mm like you. The app is kind of stupid though -- redid the measurements a few times and was off by a few mm each time. The computer vision algorithm should recognize the size of the paper and scale off that instead of you moving the camera around to get the paper perfectly in frame. Shouldn't be that hard to do if they insist on a dark background and white paper.

I'm currently skiing a 26 Lange ZB @ 92 mm -- it's not exactly comfy, but it's possible for a decent bootfitter to make plenty of space.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I tried to use the app, but it refused to take a photo on the right side for some reason. Tried a bunch of times and gave up. Seems like it would have been cool though

A jondrums sighting!! How you been, man?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

As a matter of fact, I hope this can exist for all ski boot manufacturers, WITH 3D image overlays of the boot lasts.

I’m pretty sure these exist since everything is designed by computers nowadays.

So it’s just a matter of someone coding the boot internal image to work with the app. AND VOILA! Shell fit on your smart phone.

Of course the ultimate will be when you can send in your foot to the ski boot factory and get a boot lasted for your foot.

It’d be real easy to have boot molds made of a flexible coated material that could have hundreds of robotic controlled moities inside the mold to make the molten plastic set to your foot.

Hehe, everyone should by put options on ski boot press stocks! They will be sent to museums to show people how bad things were!

I’m pretty sure this app is nonsense. It wants to put me in a 29.5 when I’ve been skiing 28.5 for many years and never needed a length punch.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Well chugacged, the app may be junk. But, it was my understanding that the internal shell length of consumer boots GREATLY EXCEEDS the corresponding x10 mm number (I.e. a “27.5” shell is NEVER actually 275 mm inside the shell)

I’m not a bootfitter, this is just what I was told.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaperious Basterd View Post
    Well chugacged, the app may be junk. But, it was my understanding that the internal shell length of consumer boots GREATLY EXCEEDS the corresponding x10 mm number (I.e. a “27.5” shell is NEVER actually 275 mm inside the shell)

I’m not a bootfitter, this is just what I was told.

I certainly would hope not. It should be much greater than 27.5 measured inside the shell (for a 27.5 mondo boot). But I don't know what the "x10" reference means?

And trusting an app to fit your boots seems weird.

I’m not a bootfitter, ...
    Well, at least there's one thing in your post that's right.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Well, at least there's one thing in your post that's right.
    And what’s your contribution to the thread? Are you a bootfitter? Do you have a comment on the app?

Or are you just practicing the pastime of being an ass?

My Fischer 3D feet app results

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    I certainly would hope not. It should be much greater than 27.5 measured inside the shell (for a 27.5 mondo boot). But I don't know what the "x10" reference means?

And trusting an app to fit your boots seems weird.
    What I mean is multiply mondo x 10 mm. Mondo sizing is kind of meaningless if it doesn’t correspond to a number.

Anyway, I have 15-20 mm longitudinal space at least, in a 26.5 shell with 275 mm feet.

EDIT: why does it seem weird to trust an app? I trust a computer much more than any bootfitter I’ve met to fit my boots.

If all bootfitters were good, the internet wouldn’t be swamped with threads with skiers having ill-fitting boots that a bootfitter put them in in the first place.

A computer can take the witch-doctor BS out of the process. And it will. And it should. I hope a boot manufacturer gets on board ASAP. Fischer sort of is, but you have to go to a shop and see a bootfitter.

Dodge does too, but that’s more a case of putting Humpty Dumpty back together again with mixing and matching limited parts.

What I mean is multiply mondo x 10 mm. Mondo sizing is kind of meaningless if it doesn’t correspond to a number.

Anyway, I have 15-20 mm longitudinal space at least, in a 26.5 shell with 275 mm feet.

EDIT: why does it seem weird to trust an app? I trust a computer much more than any bootfitter I’ve met to fit my boots.

If all bootfitters were good, the internet wouldn’t be swamped with threads with skiers having ill-fitting boots that a bootfitter put them in in the first place.

A computer can take the witch-doctor BS out of the process. And it will. And it should. I hope a boot manufacturer gets on board ASAP. Fischer sort of is, but you have to go to a shop and see a bootfitter.

Dodge does too, but that’s more a case of putting Humpty Dumpty back together again with mixing and matching limited parts.

Well, not sure how the app works. But every time I see "you can use an app to do..." I get skeptical, ha.

One of the hard things for bootfitters certainly must revolve around the customer accurately describing pressure points, etc. I know that my wife has struggled getting boots that fit. When I ask her specific questions about pressure points, heel slip, etc. she's always like "huh?". Meanwhile I have been able to determine that stuff for myself and shim accordingly. Something that takes the 3D shape of your foot certainly seems appealing, but only IF the boot manufacturer can extrapolate that to the appropriate size boot / liner.

(More idiotic shit talk I know nothing about)
    Lol wut?

27.5 mondo

27.5 cm

No need to multiply by 10.

I know, the metric system is hard.

And what’s your contribution to the thread?
    To let people know that you don't even have enough boot fitting knowledge to understand that what you are saying is nonsense...and you're not very good at math either.

Are you a bootfitter?
    I was for about a decade while I was coaching and working in shops; now I only do it for my friends.

The app isn't a bad idea, although it's obviously flawed in its measurements with regard to repeatability and with regard to its suggested shell sizing; therefore, it's currently poorly executed.

Given those shortcomings, if I had to choose between having this app fit me in a boot or going to a good boot fitter, the latter is the obvious choice.

I can see the arguments now...Joe Shlub uses this app to "measure" his foot and goes into the shop and demands the boot size that the apps suggests, and it is an exceedingly poor fit. The boot fitter tries to explain to Joe Shlub that he should be in a smaller shell for a proper fit, and that the shop won't back, fit, or refund him for the improper shell. Guy throws a shit fit, because obviously boot fitting is far better on some shitty app than by someone experienced and who knows what they are doing, has a wide selection of boots from different manufacturers, and will work with you on repeated visits to get the correct fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    Current fitter / best-I’ve-ever-had takes an appointment, marks up the boot with grease pen or chalk, traces my feet on paper, and then I come back in a day or two for liner work if needed. First time I’ve ever put my foot into a new boot and loved it first try. Actually... the first time I’ve ever loved it.

My last fitter also worked the same way.

To be fair, I have “special” feet. Just picked these up today. Looks about right though.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtbGaMqF...d=nwv2v88nte0k
    Also...

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    At Olympic Boot Works the shop provides free beer while you wait. Just sayin'.
    ...just sayin.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Buhx4zAlOGq/
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 03-03-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Lol wut?

27.5 mondo

27.5 cm

No need to multiply by 10.

I know, the metric system is hard.
    Yes, that's the beauty of the mondo system. I think he means to account for liner thickness though, but liner thickness varies....

Or maybe he means to convert from cm to mm!

The app probably uses Apple's new augmented reality API. This is pretty cool actually! I'm glad they built this, it's not like a 1st gen product is great guys c'mon .

I think someone could build a similar one for bike fitting too.

FWIW I think the measurements are probably pretty darn accurate. It’s just their recommendation that follows the measurement that is silly.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

It’d be real easy to have boot molds made of a flexible coated material that could have hundreds of robotic controlled moities inside the mold to make the molten plastic set to your foot.
    If I remember, ski boot molds are massive pieces of metal, to survive the pressure of injection molding. For dual plastic molds, there's additional complexity. Tweaking the shape of the mold and having it keep form under the pressure needed isn't something I think is solved yet.

Creating, effectively, custom molds for injection molding, definitely not. Maybe 3d printing will get way, way better. Maybe someone will work out a shimmed injection molding blank. I would really enjoy that. I don't think we're very close.

I don’t know a lot. Two skiing crashes probably has slowed my processing ability somewhat.

I do know that most bootfitters suck at what they do. 109 mm wide foot in front of you. Insist on a 2 mm “big punch!” Dumb shits, a computer doesn’t have ignorance and knows 109 mm is 109 mm.

If ski shop walls could talk... I would be vindicated.

Oh and reckless tobogggan get over yourself, computers will replace your former occupation.

Again, the internet is littered with threads and stories of people getting a trashy fit from a bootfitter.

I’m actually not wrong about a 27.5 not having an internal shell length of 275 mm, and I also really used the Fischer app to scan my foot.

And I’m also not wrong someone with a slightly-side foot can’t buy a single purchasable boot without shell modifications to accommodate their foot.

So, if you get off on being an ass, kindly wipe your ejaculate, wait patiently, and emotionally-masturbate in another thread.

I know it can be hard to find an iPhone app upstages what you thought you knew as a bootfitter.

Bootfitters will become cobblers in time. Retired and independently-wealthy anachronistic craftsmen with an old little shop and a few tools.

Certified bootfitters desecrated $3000.00 worth of ski boots. You’re not welcome. You are limited. You are arrogant, and you suck (as a movement of people’s so dead set on getting your hands on our boots).

I visited a top 100 bootfitter. He was generally good, but thought that squishy foam adhesives would create room against 360 psi of pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by theetruscan View Post
    If I remember, ski boot molds are massive pieces of metal, to survive the pressure of injection molding. For dual plastic molds, there's additional complexity. Tweaking the shape of the mold and having it keep form under the pressure needed isn't something I think is solved yet.

Creating, effectively, custom molds for injection molding, definitely not. Maybe 3d printing will get way, way better. Maybe someone will work out a shimmed injection molding blank. I would really enjoy that. I don't think we're very close.
    Maybe we are not close, but ski boots don’t fit most human feet. Ski boot OEMs are not in touch with reality.

I really think the skiing community is disproportionally-skinny-footed because of ski boot design.

“Wide” street shoes are too wide for me and I’m swimming in them. I wear normal shoes without issue. Ski boots fucking suck, and retain an eliphinacal design from about 1970.

So edgy. Hehe, no pun intended.

I don't know what this app asks of you for measurements, but I think there's a big difference between the shape of my foot relaxed, and it's shape while doing something athletic.

The athletic pose is almost always shorter and more narrow.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0429.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	547.8 KB 
ID:	272441

I see the future.

I’m so stoked for the boot revolution. We are on the precipice. Within 10 years the only boots that will be sold on the spot pre-molded will be beginner boots at Dicks Sporting Goods and Wal-Mart.

There are many wooden cabins and century homes that bootfitters can continue to practice sorcery out of. You’ll have your loyals. And also school field trips for history class.

You can also try out for Disney’s Carousel of Progress.

The whole matra from OEMs to shops: “sell a non-refundable item as quickly as possible, with a high likelihood of a re-purchase.

For the record I think Fischer’s app is cool but presently doesn’t serve much a purpose (as it doesn’t integrate an actual 3D fit, yet is the underpinning of how things are going to change with ski boot fitting.

Quite frankly Fischer’s 3D thing is somewhat at odds with their own process because apparently the shop version sometime later recommends a full vacuum fit which obviates the need for the 3D fit app.

Even if all that happens in the near future is—like I said earlier—3D shell-fitting, that’s better than a random pothead saying “how duz it feel?” “Feelz bad man”

I’m actually not wrong about a 27.5 not having an internal shell length of 275 mm, and I also really used the Fischer app to scan my foot.
    Of course you're not wrong. If a 27.5 shell measured 275mm on the inside, there would be no room for a liner!
    Well, there would be room, but it would effectively only fit a smaller foot size than 27.5.

Has anyone used this app to measure other appendages besides feet?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I don’t know a lot. Two skiing crashes probably has slowed my processing ability somewhat.

I do know that most bootfitters suck at what they do. 109 mm wide foot in front of you. Insist on a 2 mm “big punch!” Dumb shits, a computer doesn’t have ignorance and knows 109 mm is 109 mm.

If ski shop walls could talk... I would be vindicated.

Oh and reckless tobogggan get over yourself, computers will replace your former occupation.

Again, the internet is littered with threads and stories of people getting a trashy fit from a bootfitter.

And I’m also not wrong someone with a slightly-side foot can’t buy a single purchasable boot without shell modifications to accommodate their foot.

So, if you get off on being an ass, kindly wipe your ejaculate, wait patiently, and emotionally-masturbate in another thread.

I know it can be hard to find an iPhone app upstages what you thought you knew as a bootfitter.

Bootfitters will become cobblers in time. Retired and independently-wealthy anachronistic craftsmen with an old little shop and a few tools.

Certified bootfitters desecrated $3000.00 worth of ski boots. You’re not welcome. You are limited. You are arrogant, and you suck (as a movement of people’s so dead set on getting your hands on our boots).

I visited a top 100 bootfitter. He was generally good, but thought that squishy foam adhesives would create room against 360 psi of pressure.

Teh Lulz.

It could also be 10.9 cm.

You asked the questions, I gave you my answers, and now you're pouting about it. Don't ask if you can't handle the answers.

Also, you're projecting your personal desires way into the future.

As for what the app does, there's not much that couldn't just be measured with a ruler and/or measuring tape.

Congratulations. You've discovered a digital tape measure app.

By the way, the app is not going to modify a shell to fit your bunions, a boot fitter has to do that.

Jesus, you sound like stalefish3169 prattling on about Bitcoin.

Maybe we are not close, but ski boots don’t fit most human feet. Ski boot OEMs are not in touch with reality.

I really think the skiing community is disproportionally-skinny-footed because of ski boot design.

“Wide” street shoes are too wide for me and I’m swimming in them. I wear normal shoes without issue. Ski boots fucking suck, and retain an eliphinacal design from about 1970.

So edgy. Hehe, no pun intended.

With all this whining and complaining about ski boots, I'm positive you missed your true calling...as a snowboarder.

I see the future.

I’m so stoked for the boot revolution. We are on the precipice.
    O.M.G! You're right! New for 2020. I found your boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Has anyone used this app to measure other appendages besides feet?
    Ha!

I don't think Fischer wants your dick pics in their data base... actually, I take that back. Go for it. Be sure to post a TR.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 03-04-2019 at 08:02 AM.

Apparently Pulse Boot Labs in Revelstoke have created an app like this too, Fit Assistant. According to the Blister podcast they have a database of 250 boots. They do sell Fischer so maybe it’s an extension of that app...or vice-versa?

https://blisterreview.com/podcasts/n...boot-lab-ep-35

https://www.pulserevelstoke.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk