Any right-handed golfers have problems with their left boot fit?

My right boot fits great after two punch rounds at the bootfitter.

The left boot has required about 20 hours of grinding and 30 punches and it won’t get comfortable.

All I can think is years and years of swinging a golf club and following through on a violently-supinated left foot, outside edge (as is proper technique), the left foot is different.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I know nothing about golf but that's really interesting. Be curious to see if anyone else thinks they have the same issue. Any PTs around here know if this is a thing?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I don't know about the golfing thing, but your feet being different shapes and sizes is definitely a thing.

Nobody cares that you golf. Seriously though, wonder of going away from metal spikes changed the way feet handle the follow through.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I practice or play about 4-5 days a week from April through fall. I have more issues with my right foot though being slightly wider with more of a 6th toe. Left foot has been easier to fit in boots. Sorry, my experience isn't helping out your theory.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Your feet are different shapes everyones are. All boots are different and that's why we have boot fitters. It sounds like the main issue is that the boots you have cater a fitting to your right foot instead of your left. Get a pair of boots that fit your left foot better with a little tweaking, but that also fit the right with just a little tweaking. It sounds like I am being an ass, but really, if both your feet were shaped like your left, and your boots were that uncomfortable the equation would be as simple as saying you have the wrong boots. Because you got lucky enough to get your right foot fit into the wrong boots with just a few punches doesn't mean you don't have the wrong boots.
    Second: does your left boot hurt wearing on the couch, or only when you are making turns? If it only hurts turning, the relation to golfing isn't the difference in the static shape of you foot. it's in the geometry of your motion. you probably have very assymetrical turn mechanics. Golf, and also hockey are very assymetrical sports and your legs hips and ankles are probably not making motions between left and right turns. Sorry for the novel, hope it helps.
    Growing up I was a very technical skier at a tiny ski hill, now when I go back, I just take the whole thing in ... with flexion, then extension. And yeah I am over it.

Thanks to above poster. Just to answer your question, no, no pain when skiing (or at least I don’t know cuz the adrenaline and focusing on the skiing blocks it out). Rather, it is a nagging-ass pain in the mid foot (base of 5th metatarsal which is sometimes colloquially referred to as the styloid process).

This was all made worse by an instaprint footbed that itself hurt my midfoot (but no no no nobody jump to conclusions I still get pain in that area even with a different footbed).

I found my left feet are 3 mm wider than my right.

You’re absolutely right; the boots don’t fit me. The space needed is beyond the limits of stretching the shell, and grinding that much space will render the plastic too weak to safely ski in.

While 5th met head pain is annoying, midfoot and heel pain is very uncomfortable in a bigger way.

If the entire left boot was shifted to the left I’d be fine bc I had 5 mm of space on the medial side of the boot.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I doubt it's related. I've golfed (a lot, including competitively) for the last ~30 years and don't really have any right vs. left foot boot issues. But everyone's body is different so who knows?

Not really, but I now have concerns about your golf swing and your physical well-being. What do you mean by "violently supinated?"

100+ days golf and skiing each per year, 3.5 handicap here. No issues other than some liner cut out under outside of left ankle bone.

Right handed people have larger left feet. And vise versa. It's science.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by Like a Boss View Post
    Not really, but I now have concerns about your golf swing and your physical well-being. What do you mean by "violently supinated?"

100+ days golf and skiing each per year, 3.5 handicap here. No issues other than some liner cut out under outside of left ankle bone.
    I have the same concern with the ‘violently supinated’ action, but every family needs a wood chopper too.