WTB: Really Stiff Plug/Race Boots 26.5!!!

Hello - I'm looking for cheap/really stiff race plug boots if anyone has any they are trying to get rid of! Even better if they are full WC racer stiffness!

Haven't look for a size 26 recently, but ski yard often has amazing deals on older plug boots:

https://skiyard.com/collections/boots-race

https://skiyard.com/collections/boot...up-si-zb-white
    Last edited by auvgeek; 03-02-2019 at 07:52 PM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I have these- brand new-they don’t get more stiff or more WC then that. That’s Canadian dollars as well so multiply by 0.75.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1314525644

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    I have these- brand new-they don’t get more stiff or more WC then that. That’s Canadian dollars as well so multiply by 0.75.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1314525644
    120 flex I'm skiing non-plug Doberman 130s right now in 27 and they are a just a bit too large and really flexy.

Redster 170s?

If anyone has Redster 170s or other plug boots for cheap - LMK...

What is a Plug?
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by freerideskiing View Post
    If anyone has Redster 170s or other plug boots for cheap - LMK...
    training for Beijing? WTF

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    training for Beijing? WTF
    Yes but not really.

I just really like stiff boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    What is a Plug?
    A plug is a thing you put in a tire to stop a leak and the more plugs there are the more pluggier it is...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cG6VEW1ZVgM

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That Don't Make No Sense

Quote Originally Posted by freerideskiing View Post
    Hello - I'm looking for cheap/really stiff race plug boots if anyone has any they are trying to get rid of! Even better if they are full WC racer stiffness!
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F301968048137

Make me an offer if interested, these need to go.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...7-120-140-flex

Technica XT17s. 27.5. Technica 27.5 when I bought the boots is now technica 26.5. Bsl is around 310. $25 + shipping

To the OP, I've skied the doby 130's your in right now and also own, and occasionally ski, the doby plugs shown in mtnlions post above. All I can say is BIG difference. Plugs are super cool but a completely different animal that isn't for everybody. You will quickly learn that heat is your friend as getting a cold shell off by yourself can be an almost life threatening experience! My wife gets such a kick out of it when I'm rolling around in the parking lot squealing "get this fucking thing off my foot". But, if you want to drive a ski, any ski, there is nothing quite like them. Especially if you don't mind a somewhat harsh ride in bumps etc. Mine only get used on warm, spring days.

Given how inexpensive they are to purchase I'd say go for it. The boot fitting can get a little expensive but if the fit is close the it's not that big a deal. One guy that worked on mine did it for free just because he'd never worked on anything like it before. He couldn't believe how thick the plastic was. Overall I'd say skiing a plug is something that most should at least try if for not other reason than to know from first hand experience what one extreme end of the spectrum feels like and what's possible.......and how hard it can be to get a boot on and off!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    To the OP, I've skied the doby 130's your in right now and also own, and occasionally ski, the doby plugs shown in mtnlions post above. All I can say is BIG difference. Plugs are super cool but a completely different animal that isn't for everybody. You will quickly learn that heat is your friend as getting a cold shell off by yourself can be an almost life threatening experience! My wife gets such a kick out of it when I'm rolling around in the parking lot squealing "get this fucking thing off my foot". But, if you want to drive a ski, any ski, there is nothing quite like them. Especially if you don't mind a somewhat harsh ride in bumps etc. Mine only get used on warm, spring days.

Given how inexpensive they are to purchase I'd say go for it. The boot fitting can get a little expensive but if the fit is close the it's not that big a deal. One guy that worked on mine did it for free just because he'd never worked on anything like it before. He couldn't believe how thick the plastic was. Overall I'd say skiing a plug is something that most should at least try if for not other reason than to know from first hand experience what one extreme end of the spectrum feels like and what's possible.......and how hard it can be to get a boot on and off!
    Would you recommend those boot cover thingies to keep warm?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Mine only get used on warm, spring days.
    This. My old Atomic 150 (softened by removing screws) plugs are the best skiing boot I ever had. Used to drive to the mountain with them in the passenger foot well under the heating vent so they'd be soft enough to get on my feet. Getting them off was another story, exactly as described above.

Took many, many visits to the fitter to get them to be bearable and they eventually were quite comfortable until the original liners packed out and I replaced them with an identical pair of liners but they never fit the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I use boot gloves when it is single digits or below. I have to leave a buckle open and the others loose though. Otherwise, be sure to unbuckle before you get in the lift or your feet will get cold.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0270.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	182.1 KB 
ID:	272766Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0271.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	172.4 KB 
ID:	272767

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    This. My old Atomic 150 (softened by removing screws) plugs are the best skiing boot I ever had. Used to drive to the mountain with them in the passenger foot well under the heating vent so they'd be soft enough to get on my feet. Getting them off was another story, exactly as described above.

Took many, many visits to the fitter to get them to be bearable and they eventually were quite comfortable until the original liners packed out and I replaced them with an identical pair of liners but they never fit the same.
    Yup, you want them almost molten before trying to get them on. We do the same thing with the heater vent...and put a blanket over them.

Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

that's a 150 right?

For alpine skiing I've been skiing exclusively on Doberman plug boots for the last decade. Really can't imagine skiing anything else. Cork liners that come stock with them are the bomb. They can usually be found for cheap. Flex ratings can be bs with plug boots. Nordica boots have a flex rating and and a plastic stiffness rating. If you get the 160 flex stamped hard plastic. Better have a hair dryer to get your boots off. 150 stamped soft are the best boots ever. They can be de softened via removing screws and Nordica's have a nice dotted line on the lower shell that indicates where to cut to make them softer. Lots of myths about plug boots. They aren't that hard to fit. Truth is there a lot of lazy boot fitters out. In reality the extra plastic makesthem easier mold. But they always require work. IMO they are simply unbeatable for lift skiing. And the best thing about them is very few as skiers want them so they can be found cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums