Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jdoneill View Post
    Wasn't that the original plan Seibu had but was talked out of it?
    Wouldn't be surprised ... There is always the talk of "Yarrr we're in Alaska there fore everything is more gnarrrly! Going to the top? It can't be done!"

Meanwhile we are like in the lower foothills of Cham or wherever

Sitting in day lodge parking lot looking at rain line.

To be fair to Seibu a tram to the top of teacup while it would be sick would be very hard to open consistently. I just wish they either put up a chair from midway to the roundhouse or lit up mighty might so night skiing would be better. Having to do tram laps night skiing sucks, not to mention going to the tram only to realize it's on wind hold and 7 is closed.
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

All I hear is excuses. The top is easier to open than the bottom. They control it anyway and it doesn’t get rained on nearly as much. In France it would go to the top and nobody would think twice about it.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

It might have been half decent skiing up there last couple days.

Rain at what 3000' ? So bad today

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    All I hear is excuses. The top is easier to open than the bottom. They control it anyway and it doesn’t get rained on nearly as much. In France it would go to the top and nobody would think twice about it.
    The thing is the patrol gets paid like $11/hr and also... gapers.

The place to put a resort would have been notch mountain, way better resort terrain back there. If I were a billionaire I'd do it. Glacier valley ski area.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    The thing is the patrol gets paid like $11/hr and also... gapers.

The place to put a resort would have been notch mountain, way better resort terrain back there. If I were a billionaire I'd do it. Glacier valley ski area.

Really? You of all people are going to call Alyeska ski patrol gapers? Have you even seen yourself ski?
    Weston has more skills in his pinkie than you could dream about, and Mike Smith is one of the more undercover low key bad ass mothers to ever grace us with his presence.
    I guess the simple fact that you think notch mountain has better terrain than Alyeska should be an indicator of your chromosome deficiency anyway.
    Jesus what a moron.

Alyeska — 3/14-3/19

As fun as it is to shit on AKPM I’m pretty sure he meant that gapers are another reason not to put the tram to the top of the mountain.

Not a valid reason. Headwall really isn’t that rad.

Also bonus points for signing up just to crack on AKPM. Well done mysterious m-series.

Quote Originally Posted by m17504 View Post
    Really? You of all people are going to call Alyeska ski patrol gapers? Have you even seen yourself ski?
    Weston has more skills in his pinkie than you could dream about, and Mike Smith is one of the more undercover low key bad ass mothers to ever grace us with his presence.
    I guess the simple fact that you think notch mountain has better terrain than Alyeska should be an indicator of your chromosome deficiency anyway.
    Jesus what a moron.
    Lol lol lol honestly I could care less about the skiing ability of ski patrollers at Alyeska.

less constriction. Alyeska on the weekends is terrifying. Alyeska has rad terrain (that is rarely open) and decent snow, but it doesn't have an area for people to learn how to ski, either it's super steep or its scary crowded. It really limits Alyeska's market. Notch mountain doesn't have better terrain for those of us who like to ski steep things, but it has better terrain for a ski area, for the general public, to make skiing enjoyable for beginners and intermediates, which form a majority of the skiing population.

But hey I'm the moron here. Just want ski areas to be successful financially.

All of chair 4 is beginner terrain. So is bear cub and chair 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    All of chair 4 is beginner terrain. So is bear cub and chair 7.
    Yeah all 3 super narrow fairly steep trails. In the rain. And people like you and me hauling ass to get to the tram. Being a beginner or intermediate skier at Alyeska is miserable. Makes skiing not fun for people, limits the market. This community needs more long wide intermediate trails. That's why Skeetawk could be successful (if they weren't wasting money building a lift up the sledding hill).

Last day and it’s going to be a short one. We have the views but the conditions are December in New England. Not that I’m not used to that. Great visit and thanks again to DeathVan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And people like you and me hauling ass to get to the tram.
    If you need to traverse blueberry hill before the end of the day you're doing it wrong...
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by The Amicable Snowman View Post
    Last day and it’s going to be a short one. We have the views but the conditions are December in New England. Not that I’m not used to that. Great visit and thanks again to DeathVan.
    My pleasure.
    Happy to help folks get stoked on our "...misplaced" mountain!
    Glad you got to see a variety of conditions and terrain options with fresh snow.
    -come back anytime

Tuesday afternoon was killer corn in the sun!
    Too bad you had to jet early

-and WOW! the movement off Max's, The Headwall, and Glacier Bowl is really something else!

looks like they decided not to open today.
    off your knees Louie

Aaaaaand closed tomorrow too .
    So stoked on my ticket to Hawaii for Monday ...

Hawaii is so good right now