Lightbulb WTB - Head A-Stars

Who's holding? Bought a backup pair from level 9 around thanksgiving.. they never showed up, check my email, out of stock. Lost one in the keyhole at snowbird this year, heartbreaking.

Take pity on me and sell me your pair, or preferably we trade for my pair of 194 devastators

Thanks!
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

I was in 2nd tracks in Millcreek the other day they had two pair in

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

I actually went there and checked those out.. will have a buddy snag one if no one has a set cheaper. Blew my wad on some new kore 117s and couldn't swing a replacement pair just yet. but now that the hikes are open at t-ride.. and nothing skis steep anything like the A stars..

A bit of thread drift but how do you like the Kore 117? I have an unmounted pair of them in 189. I'm not totally convinced by them yet due to light weight. Got them on a warranty from some a-stars with bad rocker. A-star is one of the most underrated skis ever. I have 2 pair left that I paid less than $200 combined. I'm sure you'll find some cheap.

I'm only maybe 5 days in on them, one touring. Thet are pretty rad, charge hard like the a stars but quite different. Where the a stars are kind of clunky at low speeds or low angle, the kores hang in there, much more traditional feel, they feel kind of reminds me of the old movement goloaths where you are like.. this skis is pretty light for its size.. is it really going to hold up? But the more you push them the more they come alive. Super poppy, way more locked in to a turn with more camber and a more traditional tail, get backseat and get ready to get f'n launched! But finish a turn on your heel and rocketship yourself into your next turn. The lightness makes hop turns way easier but they ski heavy snow quite different, they like to pop up and over crud piles instead of thru. It's a very unique mix of dampness while still being playful. Much more traditional mount point so it feels like you have way more tip out in front of you.. have to drive the ski more especially in the steeps. I think the kores are much better all around ski, a stars will likely be for hiking the steeps and crud skiing. I think they will compliment each other nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by rip View Post
    Who's holding? Bought a backup pair from level 9 around thanksgiving.. they never showed up, check my email, out of stock. Lost one in the keyhole at snowbird this year, heartbreaking.

Take pity on me and sell me your pair, or preferably we trade for my pair of 194 devastators

Thanks!
    I plan to leave Whistler tomorrow and drive straight to Telluride.
    Coincidentally, there's a cheap pair of Head A-Star 187cm listed for sale here in Whistler, and I'm trying to reach the seller so I can bring it to you in Telluride.
    I don't have any Devastators, so a trade might be attractive to me, gotta think about it...but either a trade or a low price you will like. I'm sure I would like A-Stars, except 187cm is short for me.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

That sounds pretty great! Let me know if you are able to pick them up. I also have some half off lift tix to barter with.. I'm out of full comps

Quote Originally Posted by rip View Post
    That sounds pretty great! Let me know if you are able to pick them up. I also have some half off lift tix to barter with.. I'm out of full comps
    Yep, I have the skis. On my way to Telluride. Drilled 1x. Edges, bases, sidewalls good except light rust (will tune off). The main negatives aren't even bad at all --- 3 or 4 chips on topsheet on the shovels (not structural, but an anal person could use epoxy just to smooth them out), and a strangely high number of topsheet indentations from poking with ski poles (weird)...but if that's the worst of it, then that's good condition overall. Best thing: very low price. If you reject them, I could keep them and put demo bindings on there for sharing.

My Epic Pass gives me 7 free days at Telluride, so I don't need tickets/comps.

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Hell ya! I'll pm you my info, just reading up on this ski library, you've got some classics! Things are looking pretty favorable here for the next week, 10in since yesterday..

Vitamin I delivers again!

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Vitamin I delivers again!
    QFT

This was a success!
    Today I met rip in Telluride, we skied a couple hours, and we traded: my Head A-stars + beater STH 16, for his 194 Devastators. We're both stoked for heavy sticks!

Vitamin I for Mag of the Year!

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Vitamin I for Mag of the Year!
    10/10!

This is awesome. The force remains strong with some elements of this place! Long live mags helping mags.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    This was a success!
    Today I met rip in Telluride, we skied a couple hours, and we traded: my Head A-stars + beater STH 16, for his 194 Devastators. We're both stoked for heavy sticks!

That’s awesome. Curious to hear your thoughts on the Devs, M. Glad you were able to score a pair.