Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TRT, who’s doing it?

I’m pretty young to be on testosterone and it’s a weird thing to talk about so I’ll ask about it here (gimp central?). A couple years ago I was feeling tired weak and super depressed. Got tested, I was 34, turns out I had the testosterone of an 85 year old man, but according to the skinny wimpy looking dr it fell within the normal range so he said to lift weights. I was working full time as an ironworker so I was already lifting weights all day. Flash forward to this year I’m almost 38 and nothing’s changed except I got fatter and then lost some weight but still depressed still weak and feeling no motivation. Get tested again and sure enough I’m even lower than before free test level of 4.5 get prescribed TRT and wow what a difference it makes. Turns out head injuries and concussions can cause low testosterone and it’s likely the cause of mine.

TLR testosterone makes you feel like a normal person. Weird. I feel happy again and have motivation. No rage, if anything I’m calmer and less edgy than before.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Is it snortable?

Injection in the butt. Kinky right?

If you can't snort it it smoke it, what good is it? Moar crack plz.

Have you tried drinking urine?

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Have you tried drinking urine?
    Have you? Does it work?

I've talked about this before, I have this genetic iron overload condition (Hemochromotosis) which made me really sick and probably would have eventually killed me but is now under control. Before it got controlled, the excess iron did a lot of damage, and one of the things it did was basically kill my ability to synthesize testosterone.

So I've been on TRT for about 10 years now. They give me the gel you have to rub on every day for whatever reason. The shit is crucial to me, I would definitely do whatever is required to continue it, I'm fortunate it's legal but if it wasn't I'd still find a way to get it no question. It's not like I'm all jacked up on it, I test right in the middle of normal. But very low/no T is no bueno and not a way to live if you can help it. And you can.

Ice....do you hang with Arod and ManRam?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

we boyz

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    I’m pretty young to be on testosterone and it’s a weird thing to talk about so I’ll ask about it here (gimp central?). A couple years ago I was feeling tired weak and super depressed. Got tested, I was 34, turns out I had the testosterone of an 85 year old man, but according to the skinny wimpy looking dr it fell within the normal range so he said to lift weights. I was working full time as an ironworker so I was already lifting weights all day. Flash forward to this year I’m almost 38 and nothing’s changed except I got fatter and then lost some weight but still depressed still weak and feeling no motivation. Get tested again and sure enough I’m even lower than before free test level of 4.5 get prescribed TRT and wow what a difference it makes. Turns out head injuries and concussions can cause low testosterone and it’s likely the cause of mine.

TLR testosterone makes you feel like a normal person. Weird. I feel happy again and have motivation. No rage, if anything I’m calmer and less edgy than before.
    How much do you take, what kind is it, do you inject more than once a week or maybe is a gel? DHEA is a bosster but it can convert to estrogen also if you compete and get tested you will fail a drug test, it is legal for now.

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLogIn View Post
    How much do you take, what kind is it, do you inject more than once a week or maybe is a gel? DHEA is a bosster but it can convert to estrogen also if you compete and get tested you will fail a drug test, it is legal for now.
    Hitting the bottle this early, eh?

Its past 10:30am

Injecting every 2 weeks. No gel. I’m surely not competing in anything other than for first tracks.

Do you notice a big swing over the 2 weeks or any other downside? I'm not really sure why they have me on the gel but it's expensive and a little bit of a pain in the ass, I know the shots are much cheaper and I'd have to assume doing it once every two weeks would be easier than rubbing the gel on every day, I'd like to make that change if I can.

Big swing....heh
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Injecting every 2 weeks. No gel. I’m surely not competing in anything other than for first tracks.
    Really? Every two weeks is hard on the body due to the big rise and fall of testosterone. How much are you injecting each time? I would look into a diff doctor if you can. Optimally you need to inject once a week to keep your T-levels from spiking/ falling.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    ...would be easier than rubbing the gel on the knob every day....
    Damn. That sounds brutal? Every day?

Harsh.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

My doc told me the same as the OP - you have the testosterone level of an 85 year old man. (I was 42 at the time.) My T is a cream made at a local compounding pharmacy, $89/month, apply it once daily. Been on it for 10 years now, and it definitely helped me with fatigue, depression and lack of motivation. Did not get totally jacked.

TRT, who’s doing it?

It’s only been a week since the first shot. I’ll definitely talk to the doc about doing once a week. I’ve been reading about the level swings and I am concerned about it. Current dose is 150mg I suppose I could do 75 once a week and that might keep me more even. I’m really just amazed at how much better I feel. I’d been really scary depressed for a long time and that has totally gone away.

I'm not, but it seems like a completely reasonable thing to do. There's a hell of a difference between getting yourself up from near zero to ~400 and bodybuilders who are pushing themselves up to 2,000-3,000+. No one gives Type 1 diabetics shit for taking insulin, I don't see this as much different.

I wouldn't be surprised if low-dose T/HGH replacement became standard clinical practice for the majority of people 50+ in the next decade or so. Seems like an easy, effective and safe way to expand healthspan. There seems to be little downside to maintaining the levels of an average healthy 40 y.o. Well, besides cost for HGH, that shit is outrageous. It will probably come down, though.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 02-28-2019 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Really? Every two weeks is hard on the body due to the big rise and fall of testosterone. How much are you injecting each time? I would look into a diff doctor if you can. Optimally you need to inject once a week to keep your T-levels from spiking/ falling.
    Thats what I have been told. Twice a week is even better.

Thats what I have been told. Twice a week is even better.
    I was doing twice a week but man that’s a pain in the ass.....

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I was doing twice a week but man that’s a pain in the ass.....
    Did you notice any difference between once and twice a week?

Did you notice any difference between once and twice a week?
    No. My blood tests showed no difference as well. I was .3ml twice a week now I’m .6ml once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    They give me the gel you have to rub on every day for whatever reason. .
    Where?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<