Fyre Festival on Netflix

Netflix documentary isn’t that interesting but I ended up watching the whole thing. Pretty much focused on snivelers who propogated the sham who became victims for not getting paid for their “work”. The true victims seemed to be overlooked by the documentary. Only a couple guys (maybe even just one guy) who started the class action were truly victimized by the fraudster (as far as the Netflix movie portrays). I mean, if the end justifies the means, and the means are that you have to blow the customs guy, then aren’t the means just a little bit suspect? Maybe a lot?

That's because Fuck Jerry produced the documentary, it's totally self serving. Hulu's Fyre doc seems to paint a more accurate picture.

Quote Originally Posted by grabtindy View Post
    That's because Fuck Jerry produced the documentary, it's totally self serving. Hulu's Fyre doc seems to paint a more accurate picture.
    Yes I did google it and found out about the other one. Hulu was able to actually interview McFarland. From prison where he belongs.

Agree that it was only borderline watchable. If it wasn’t for the schadenfruede i would have been done after 10 minutes. As I saw it the only real victims were the locals who got boned out of a paycheck after working to put on a party for a bunch of rich pricks.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

I learned that Instagram model "influencers" are skinny rich chicks who don't even show their tits. Perfect for this PG-13 world.

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    Agree that it was only borderline watchable. If it wasn’t for the schadenfruede i would have been done after 10 minutes. As I saw it the only real victims were the locals who got boned out of a paycheck after working to put on a party for a bunch of rich pricks.
    I was done before 10 minutes. Not even borderline watchable. I’m supposed to feel sorry for a bunch of attention starved Jersey Shore wannabes? Nope.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Well I'll watch it.
    Love documentaries on Netflix.
    I remember when they were pushing the advertizing for the event.
    Then the news service showing people stuck without premium food or plush shelter.
    I usually camp with less.
    Poor kids.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DE755AE3-12F5-49F7-B464-644A60242597.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	221.0 KB 
ID:	271764Screengrab from the show btw.

too good

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post

Yeah, that dude does have a nice body.

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post

No wonder the app doesn't work any more! Evidently they couldn't renew the license after losing a ton of money in the Fyre Festival debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    I’m supposed to feel sorry for a bunch of attention starved Jersey Shore wannabes? Nope.
    I'm pretty sure that wasn't the point of the documentary.

Hulu one was better, for sure.

Netflix one has a bit more "OMG I can't believe these fucking morons actually did this" moments? At least that's how I remember it.

Bahamian locals got screwed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Detroit Fyre Festival larp almost happened... much like the actual Fyre featival

https://www.metrotimes.com/the-scene...media=AMP+HTML

https://m.metrotimes.com/the-scene/a...-fyre-festival

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post

Bahamian locals got screwed.
    My first thought after watching the Netflix version a month ago (btw this thread is a month late...we already did our Fyre meme shit last month when America watched the docs) was OK this’ll cause a go fund me for the workers.

Which it did. Nearly quarter million raised last I heard.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Yeah, the worker go fund me was redeeming. The documentary wasn't too bad if you want to watch something and hate 90% of the people in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post
    The documentary wasn't too bad if you want to watch something and hate 90% of the people in it.
    we have the parliamentary channel up here for that.

http://www.cpac.ca/en/programs/house-of-commons/

^^^ the Canadian version of C-SPAN has a much better website than I was expecting.