Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is Seth skiing on?

https://instagram.com/sethmorrison36...=1b3mtnodxvi6v

Let’s play a game. He has a few pairs, but I think he’s mostly on the Atomic automatic 117?

pretty sure they're blacked out OG Blizzard Spurs [edit Bodacious]
    Last edited by auvgeek; 02-26-2019 at 01:35 PM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I sleuthed this back when he was initially dropped by K2. In some photos back then on Twitter etc., you could see "Blizzard" logo on the bases under the tips, and you could see some green on top/sides where his black paint didn't quite cover every bit of the green at the edges. My conclusion back then was the green 2016-18 Blizzard Bodacious: https://www.evo.com/outlet/skis/blizzard-bodacious-2016

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Oops, I meant Bodacious. I'm pretty sure it's them cuz the Spur only came in a 189, and he had a shorter pair when I saw him in Cham at a bus stop. He was gonna go ski a narrow coulie so his friends told him to bring his short skis but didn't have touring bindings on the short skis -- his plan was to straightline across the Argentiere glacier as far as possible and then alpine shuffle. I laughed when he said it until I realized he was serious.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I feel like we need to start a GoFundMe account to get him on some current skis. Does he have any other sponsors these days?
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

I was honestly hoping ON3P was gonna pick him up since their skis are the closest I've skied to the old skool K2s.

But frankly, I'm not sure he wants sponsors. He seems pretty content not being a "corporate skier" with pressure to produce content. But what do I know.

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    I was honestly hoping ON3P was gonna pick him up since their skis are the closest I've skied to the old skool K2s.

But frankly, I'm not sure he wants sponsors. He seems pretty content not being a "corporate skier" with pressure to produce content. But what do I know.
    We can all chip in to get him some SuperGoats dubbed "Obsethssions". All black tophsheets work.
    Last edited by Bandit Man; 02-26-2019 at 05:27 PM.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Ah that makes sense it’s probably the old/new(?) Bodacious.

In one of his posts he’s on a ski with neon green sidewalls so thats what made me think of the automatic. He also has a ski with a more blunt tip, looks like the nordica patron maybe.

Most undeserving of being dropped by sponsors, an undeniable GOAT skier.
    Shame on K2 and Full Tilt.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I hope shops are throwing him free stuff. If I were a shop owner, I’d give him skis in exchange for putting up a sign that says Seth Shops Here.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

After reviewing all of his instagram posts and doing some digging on his website, I have concluded that he is skiing on snow.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Saw him on some S7's the other day.

I figured he would be on black crows. where all former pro skiers end up NTTAWWT
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    ...I'm not sure he wants sponsors. He seems pretty content not being a "corporate skier" with pressure to produce content.
    I knew Seth was copying me!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

I was gonna make a joke here, but based on his social media dude seems to be in a seriously dark place mentally so I'll refrain. Hope he gets the help he needs.

Anyone know the specifics of his current boot setup? Hope he's doing better.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    I was gonna make a joke here, but based on his social media dude seems to be in a seriously dark place mentally so I'll refrain. Hope he gets the help he needs.
    ?? Looks to me like he's out skiing powder all the time. If that's a dark place, sign me up...

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but if one of my pals was posting things like: "I need help, my mind is full of bad ideas" and #toxicperson, I'd be checking in with 'em.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but if one of my pals was posting things like: "I need help, my mind is full of bad ideas" and #toxicperson, I'd be checking in with 'em.
    I guess that's one interpretation, but I thought he was just saying "this line is sketchy...YIKES!"
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

He's referring to a sketchy chute in the photo that he's already committed to since he's in the middle of it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I guess that's one interpretation, but I thought he was just saying "this line is sketchy...YIKES!"
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    He's referring to a sketchy chute in the photo that he's already committed to since he's in the middle of it.
    Probably true and that interpretation crossed my mind as well. Still, having had friends with depressive and manic tendencies (still have them, thankfully), I've found that many times the folks espousing #livelife #stayhappy #turnoffyourbrain are trying to convince themselves to do so more than others, so it sounds some alarms for me.

Maybe I'm totally out to lunch and dude is truly stoked. In that case: WOOO POWDER!!! Carry on with the ski sleuthing.

Probably true and that interpretation crossed my mind as well. Still, having had friends with depressive and manic tendencies (still have them, thankfully), I've found that many times the folks espousing #livelife #stayhappy #turnoffyourbrain are trying to convince themselves to do so more than others, so it sounds some alarms for me.

Maybe I'm totally out to lunch and dude is truly stoked. In that case: WOOO POWDER!!! Carry on with the ski sleuthing.
    I don’t think it’s wrong to look out for your heroes.

McConkey, Auclair, Pierre. Everyone in the Stevens pass tunnel creek slide. Those deaths all had an impact on me.

I hope your interpretation is wrong and the post is all about the skiing, but you never know and I certainly don’t think it’s impossible that he is or has gone through some dark stuff.

Good news is that if he is, I’d say he’s treating it appropriately. Can’t think of a better natural neurotransmitter booster than deep pow and untracked lines.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

FWIW I’ve read his posts in the same light as North, hope I’m wrong.

Seth definitely has GOAT status in my book.

I will keep playing this game.

SETH'S PAIR #1: I'm sticking with my guess of 2016-18 Blizzard Bodacious 193cm
    SETH'S PAIR #2: not sure yet, working on it

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    ...He also has a ski with a more blunt tip, looks like the nordica patron maybe.
    Is Patron your guess for this Pair #2 from March 2018?
    Name:  SethsNewSkiPurchase2018-03.png
Views: 1598
Size:  421.9 KB
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf7Cv1JgX1J/

CLUES:
    In the IG comments for Pair #2, Seth
    1) says it is NOT a Rossi Black Ops
    2) implies disdain for any ski that is 186cm or shorter, ("really?...[186cm] is for intermediate skiers" -Seth)
    3) implies they are painted black & he won't reveal the ski model ("why would I promote some halfwit ski company for free?" -Seth)
    4) says he PAID for those skis "new", shortly before March 2018

Photo Clues:
    Seth chose those skis for the day of the photo, for what looks like a decent powder surface (although very little snow on the tree branches), and Seth's history ever since ObSETHed seems to be preference for roughly ~118mm-underfoot skis on pow days.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy