Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OG Scarpa Maestrale cuff replaceable? Emergency help needed.

Boot got run over by a truck this morning. I've got a hut trip in BC leaving in ten days. Is this replaceable? If so, what's my best bet for expedited timeline? I did email Scarpa first thing as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1214.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	271145

I broke a Scarpa NTN boot sort of like that once (JSA*) and Scarpa repaired it, but your 10 day parameter is going to make it dicey. You might want to call them in the morning.

*Just Skiing Along

Name:  BC46ACB6-37D2-4DA9-B31D-C81B2018FD0A.jpeg
Views: 861
Size:  282.4 KB

flying into Cow town ?

http://lous.ca/

lou's performance is or was the scarpa repair center for western canada and he seemed like a pretty good guy

but i think you need a new boot
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    flying into Cow town ?

http://lous.ca/

lou's performance is or was the scarpa repair center for western canada and he seemed like a pretty good guy

but i think you need a new boot
    Nah, driving to Nakusp. Yeah I’m afraid given the timeline I may be biting the bullet on a new boot. And a new boot isn’t exactly ideal for 7 days of touring.

well if you get the same maestrale in the same size, use the same liner out of that broken boot, do the same punches (if any) and you should be fine

I bought Vulcans from yurp, put in the intuition liners from my Mercury's (same shell almost ) and went touring
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I've got some gen 1 26.5-27 shells I no longer use. Walk modes have some play but they still work. Was going to donate to someone low on cash looking to get into touring, but haven't found any takers.

If it would help I'll send them to you for the cost of shipping. In return I'd ask that you remove and send me back the instep buckles which I may add to my F1's.

Edit to add: the right boot has a navicular and 6th toe punch.

what size?

They are 26.5/27. I was able to take the cuff off by removing the bolts on either side and then the four screws on the back for the walk mode. Seems pretty straight forward. Anything I’m missing? Just reattach with loctite?

Name:	IMG_1217.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	242.1 KB 
ID:	271159

Name:	IMG_1218.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	221.3 KB 
ID:	271160

Name:	IMG_1220.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	256.7 KB 
ID:	271161

ISBD, awesome offer, any reason you can see that just sending the cuff wouldn’t work? I can wait till tomorrow to try and get ahold of Scarpa to see if they have any they could send me, that way you could keep yours intact. Otherwise, I’m sure I’d take you up on it.

As far as just replacing the boot with a new RS2 version and throwing in my liners: I’ve never been stoked on the fit of these, particularly heel hold. So if I was going to throw down for a new boot, I’d like to check out some other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    They are 26.5/27. I was able to take the cuff off by removing the bolts on either side and then the four screws on the back for the walk mode. Seems pretty straight forward. Anything I’m missing? Just reattach with loctite?

Name:	IMG_1217.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	242.1 KB 
ID:	271159

Name:	IMG_1218.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	221.3 KB 
ID:	271160

Name:	IMG_1220.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	256.7 KB 
ID:	271161

ISBD, awesome offer, any reason you can see that just sending the cuff wouldn’t work? I can wait till tomorrow to try and get ahold of Scarpa to see if they have any they could send me, that way you could keep yours intact. Otherwise, I’m sure I’d take you up on it.

As far as just replacing the boot with a new RS2 version and throwing in my liners: I’ve never been stoked on the fit of these, particularly heel hold. So if I was going to throw down for a new boot, I’d like to check out some other stuff.
    I should be able to do that. I don't think the walk modes are cross compatible though.

Edit to add: I'm not actually sure if the walk mode compatibility are compatible across different version of the RS 1.0. Scarpa still sells the original, inferior switch, so I assume they are not compatible, but the attachment appears to be the same shape. I also don't know if the instep buckles (which is attached to the cuff) and the associate ratchet strap are the same size.

Did a little digging and I "think" it would work. It seems some folks upgraded their ski/walk mechanism to the newer version. I can't find my 2.5mm allen wrench though. If you want the parts I'll probably just cut through the walk mode bar with a Dremel and let you remove the 4 little screws.

Ah I didn’t consider that there were different versions of the RS1. So probably not compatible?

Like I said I’m, I’m not horribly opposed to picking up something new, just mainly concerned that I wouldn’t be able to dial them in in the 2 or 3 days I’ve got available to tour before the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ah I didn’t consider that there were different versions of the RS1. So probably not compatible?

Like I said I’m, I’m not horribly opposed to picking up something new, just mainly concerned that I wouldn’t be able to dial them in in the 2 or 3 days I’ve got available to tour before the trip.

I was concerned it wouldn't be compatible, but now I think it is (see my post from a few seconds before yours). And I would send both parts of the ratchet strap so that wouldn't be an issue. Not certain though.

I could remove the cuff and send it, or send the whole shell. I'm happy to do either. The two cuff screws are already off.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I was concerned it wouldn't be compatible, but now I think it is (see my post from a few seconds before yours). And I would send both parts of the ratchet strap so that wouldn't be an issue. Not certain though.

I could remove the cuff and send it, or send the whole shell. I'm happy to do either. The two cuff screws are already off.
    Sweet. I’ll be in touch after I get ahold of Scarpa tomorrow. Thanks again.

Walk mode is certainly compatible. The 2.0 version works on the 1.0 version boot no problem. Makes it better actually.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Walk mode is certainly compatible. The 2.0 version works on the 1.0 version boot no problem. Makes it better actually.

Sweet. Nice to have confirmation.

ISBD, looks like I’ll need those cuffs, Scarpa has none. I’ll shoot you a PM.

I know it sounds totally crazy but i've emergency repaired some cracked lower scaffo using two layers of gorilla tape on both sides of the crack. If yer totally in a pinch, why not try it and give 'er some test runs? Scuff the plastic with sandpaper, clean the plastic (I washed with dish soap, rinsed with water, dry, clean with rubbing alcohol; use some heat to warm it up just a bit (hair dryer/hot air gun), apply the tape and giv'er a little blast of heat again. Not sayin' it'll hold in this case 'cause it's totally catastrophic but who knows?
    Master of mediocrity.

The new hybrid model Maestrale. I’ll never get my left and right boot confused again. Thanks to ISBD for the quick ship and helping in a pinch. I was sweating this, I actually went to try on boots yesterday just in case. But it looks like it’ll work just fine.

Name:	IMG_1244.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	259.4 KB 
ID:	272035

The new hybrid model Maestrale. I’ll never get my left and right boot confused again. Thanks to ISBD for the quick ship and helping in a pinch. I was sweating this, I actually went to try on boots yesterday just in case. But it looks like it’ll work just fine.

Sweet. Glad it worked.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Coolest thread of the week right here. Well done dudes!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

'nuther maggot success story!
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Broken cuff right boot

This thread is a couple year old, but I have a similar issue. Looking for a replacement cuff for the right boot. Anyone still have these boots lying around?

Thanks!!

I have a cuff from what I believe is a right boot in my parts bin.
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Awesome! Might it fit a 27.5 boot?

Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    I have a cuff from what I believe is a right boot in my parts bin.

should - shoot me a pm
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net