Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Found Music

Found Music

I come across stuff from time to time, I've put a couple in the "what song do you wanna hear" thread but they don't really belong there. Like I found this yesterday:

Six days before he died. Band sounding great, Lowell sounding good but maybe had a couple too many. Really good audio:

01 Fat Man In The Bathtub 00:00
    02 Honest Man 06:53
    03 What Do You Want The Girl To Do? 10:49
    04 Cant Stand The Rain 16:05
    05 Easy Money// 20:26
    06 Dixie Chicken 25:46
    07 Willin 41:24
    08 Spanish Moon 46:19

Source: SBD

They were on tour in support of Lowell's (great, imo) first and only solo effort, Thanks I'll Eat It Here which had come out about 6 months earlier. No idea who's in the band. The list of personnel on the record is crazy, at least 40 musicians, so some of those guys I guess. Or not.

Found this by accident today, hadn't seen it before:

12 string, too.

Yeah so anything you just heard, kinda came across, remembered after forgetting about it for a long time, that you think sounds good or thought people might like or be interested to hear.

Well, dont know if this is what you mean, but, discovered this last year. Ian Hunter, lead singer of Mott the Hoople, 77, still going strong, (well, not prancing around on stage like a chicken like you know who). Great album.

sure why not?

I posted this tiny desk thing from a group called superorganism for a while yesterday because it was so different but then I tried to listen to it again and decided it was way too different so I nuked it.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yeah so anything you just heard, kinda came across, remembered after forgetting about it for a long time, that you think sounds good or thought people might like or be interested to hear.
    It’s not a specific contribution to the topic, but one of my iTunes playlists is set up for this. It’s an auto playlist of songs that I rated 4 stars or higher and haven’t played in more than 2 years. I get some “oh yeah!” moments out of it.

I used to listen to KPIG out of Freedom, CA when I lived in the South Bay. I learned that the predecessor to KPIG this was KFAT out of Gilroy that went dead in the early 80s. Thankfully, there remain a number of broadcast recordings from the late 70s through early 80s that are available for streaming. If you are into eclectic country music, there is a treasure trove of stuff to find here: some KFAT streams.

And a few examples:

I could post in this thread for days. Recently made a push to rip all of my old CDs, many of which I hadn't seen or thought about in years. So not truly "found" because I always owned it, but it was in a box in my shed. This is but one example of many.

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Friend of mine shared this with me today. Different... but cool, I thought.

that was...interesting. cool, even. Guy has done a shitload of them, I just checked out his youtube channel

I didn't find this, my kid turned me onto it last night, no idea how he found it, but....dig it.

I didn't find this, my kid turned me onto it last night, no idea how he found it, but....dig it.

Great stuff! They've been really gaining traction lately. Always awesome to see talent like that get recognized.

Have you EVER seen anybody keep tempo as freaking perfectly as their drummer? Sheesh. I've seen a bunch of their videos on teh YouTubes and I don't think I've ever witnessed that dude miss a beat. Pure precision. In a world where everything's getting polished by software, it's cool to see.

That drummer is amazing. It is also cute that the guitar player and bass player have essentially the same haircut

I'm told they're wigs, they were in another band so when they did a gig on their own they wore wigs. For some reason. Also that the two of them are married. And that the guitarist goes by Mark Speers but his name is actually Mark Lee. Whether any of that's true or not I don't know.

Found Music

Nice find icething.

Bass player seems nice
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 04-19-2019 at 01:21 PM.

The kid also sent me this one:

Not totally working for me but the horns sound good.
    Last edited by iceman; 03-08-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Anyone want to make an attempt at a phonetic transcription of the name?
    Easy. It's pronounced "เครื่องบิน."
    Does that help?

Iris Dement singing "Our Town" with Emmylou Harris. Heartbreakingly good if your into that kind of thing.

There are a couple more songs from the session on youtube, and they're pretty much perfect too:

Yes, love Iris. First saw her in Durango maybe 25 years ago
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Stuck in this thread. Couldn’t stop

I think they need two

Cool. I like the more lyrical, accessible first one more on a first listen but man they have a lot going on sonically in that second one, it's like the engineer at the table on his laptop is part of the band and for good reason. Thanks.

Not even sure how I found this except I was closing some tabs and in one of them this was cued up and ready to go so I hit play. It's Jazz. The drummer is just sick and the tone and suppleness of the guitar is pretty amazing. Good music to turn up loud and clean the house to.

Cool. I like the more lyrical, accessible first one more on a first listen but man they have a lot going on sonically in that second one, it's like the engineer at the table on his laptop is part of the band and for good reason. Thanks.
    Ya the same. Really liked the first one . Appreciated how they built the second one and tied all the effects together near the end . Very unique. Talented doods