Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Found Music

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I come across stuff from time to time, I've put a couple in the "what song do you wanna hear" thread but they don't really belong there.
    Suddenly remembering this band recently.
    When I was in college in SoCal in the early 90s, this was the band I would have told you was going to make it of all the bands we were seeing. No Doubt, Sublime, Bad Religion?
    Never,

Marys Danish. They were gonna be hudge.
    Heh

Or maybe Rocket from the Crypt.....
    Last edited by Woodsy; 03-19-2019 at 08:10 AM.

The very definition of found music, never heard of Little Women until I found them while following Steve Kimock down the archive.org wormhole:

Saw Little Women at the Old Faithful Rec Hall in 1986. Good stuff. Jazz Fest in New Orleans is the best for real life new music finding.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Sullywhacker View Post
    The very definition of found music, never heard of Little Women until I found them while following Steve Kimock down the archive.org wormhole:
    Little women were Massive in UT in my youth.
    Jerry Joseph went on to do a lot of things, but never reached those heights, even with all the WSP crossover

First, this thread is awesome.

Second, I feel like there's a million I could post, but it keeps astounding me that so few people know about Courtney Barnett. So here's Courtney Barnett, in case you haven't heard her:

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    My cousin just showed me this band (The Bronx). How the fuck have I never heard of them before, I don't know. All their shit rocks, but their second album is exemplary.
    Dude - Check out their alterego: Mariachi El Bronx. Yes, those are the same bandmembers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Dude - Check out their alterego: Mariachi El Bronx. Yes, those are the same bandmembers.

Woh! Can't believe I've never come across this one before! I love mariachi music and I like the Bronx. The combo works seriously well. Gonna have to dig into this one tonight.

This thread: It delivers!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

^^that is cool. Only have time for the first one right now but I dig it.

Dennis Wilson: Hidden in Plain Sight

The only actual surfer in the Beach Boys.

Homeless and destitute at age 39, he drowned while free diving trying to recover stuff he had lost off his yacht years earlier.

I love this thread. Thanks, J.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    First, this thread is awesome.

Second, I feel like there's a million I could post, but it keeps astounding me that so few people know about Courtney Barnett. So here's Courtney Barnett, in case you haven't heard her:

Is she Kurt's kid? Good shit. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullywhacker View Post

Fun shit. So many bands like that played in Vail on random nights when I lived there and had to introduce them. Speaking of: Iceman turned me on to this ska version of a classic:

The kid playing guitar goes unconscious for a while. Worth the listen.

Found Music

Good to see it seems Blood Orange (Devonte Hynes) has been finally been found

Last edited by Self Jupiter; 04-02-2019 at 07:32 PM.

Man I wore Pleasure Victim and Love Life out on Cassette in Jr high
    First concert too, Berlin opened for Thopson Twins in Nsahville. 1982/3?
    Left during TT,
    Dad was cool to take me and my buddy Tony

English funk/soul CD I bought for $1 at the Browser in Jackson late 90's because the cover caught my eye. Unfortunately this was their only/last effort I could find. They probably would have done better in the states. Stand out tracks in order of fire: 53:00, 17:40, 5:50

Then there was the Beavis and Butthead Movie soundtrack cd I inherited. Turn up the bass

Hope this girl's feet ain't stinki'n!

I don't know who the hell this guy is but he came up randomly when playing music videos on YT.

City Music, his album, is worth a listen.

Thought this colab would interesting. Great mix

I've listened to classic rock the entirety of my music-listening life. Somehow, I'd never given this band the time of day until grad school. Which is smilar to my relationship with Stevie Ray Vaughan. But where as I'd always been aware of SRV but just wasn't mature enough to appreciate him, I really only knew one song from The Allman Brothers going into this album. But holy shit, I'll never forget listening to this record the first time. I'm sure I'll catch a little hell from the resident geezers for posting such a legendary album in the "Found Music" thread, but if one snot-nosed kid learns of the greatness of this band/record from this post, then it was worth it:

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

In the same vein (and congrats on finally catching up with Fillmore East!), I've been listening to this song for 40 years but I've never seen this video of when it was recorded until today.

I always preferred Eat a Peach to Live at the Fillmore, but either works to demonstrate how awesome the brothers were.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I always preferred Eat a Peach to Live at the Fillmore, but either works to demonstrate how awesome the brothers were.

Blue Sky Dog

Drugdealer. Been digging this guy’s sound.

His popular single: