Barryvox W-Link Europe in the US?

Looking for an new beacon. Looks like the Barryvoxes are pretty sweet. I see that in Europe I can buy one for +/-$250. That's not bad. Then I see that their W-link runs on a different frequency than the US version.

Do I care? What does the W-Link do besides providing a way to update the beacon? Any serious reason not to buy a Euro Barryvox?

Thanks,
    He who has the most fun wins!

I *think* you can change the W-link by getting a upgrade/service on the transceiver.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Bump. So stars the downside of ordering an euro barryvox?

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    What does the W-Link do besides providing a way to update the beacon?
    It transmits the movement data (Is the victim still alive), among other things. Being able to update the software with another current beacon is nice, I was able to update a friend's recently with mine. Not sure about how to change the W-Link frequency, but I should find out as mine will be used in Europe as well as NA.

On the original Pulse, you could swap w-link frequencies in the settings menu.

In the new model there is no option in the menu for changing the frequency, at least in my model.

I'm not sure if it's possible but thought I'd add the above piece of info.

W-Link is not a major detraction. Your transceiver will work as well as any other.