Atomic Hawx Ultra 130 S?

anyone skied these? Looking to replace my Cochises for resort skiing with something with a much tighter fit. Thought I was going with Lange RX130 LV, but these fit much better. Worried the lighter weight will translate to less control skiing, but the fit is so much better than the Lange.

Quote Originally Posted by nomad_games View Post
    anyone skied these? Looking to replace my Cochises for resort skiing with something with a much tighter fit. Thought I was going with Lange RX130 LV, but these fit much better. Worried the lighter weight will translate to less control skiing, but the fit is so much better than the Lange.
    I ski the Ultra 130 (from two years ago, not called the "S") - same plastic, mold, fit, etc. I previously skied the RX130 for five seasons and also switched to the Atomic on fit and the added benefit of 600g lighter than the previous RX. I think it's still got plenty of control and power, plenty of stiffness, but I'm 170lbs. My only negative is that the lighter/thinner plastic translates to less dampness when you ski across rattly/crusty shit snow. I've got 100 days in them now and plastic is still holding up well.

I really want a damp powerful boot but the Lange just doesn't fit me very well. I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by nomad_games View Post
    I really want a damp powerful boot but the Lange just doesn't fit me very well. I dunno.
    Lots of good race boots out there in low volume.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

It’s a good boot and they changed the plastic to PU now so it’s even better than the first year. If it fits you good and you dont think it is too soft you will have no problem charging and skiing big skis on it.

If you want a really damp and powerfull boot and have a bootfitter who can do the work I would for sore recommend getting a race plug. You’d probably like the lange ZA or redster club sport 130.