Podcast Interview with Avalanche Survivor

OK, so I'm totally tooting my own horn here, and there is already this thread (thanks Foggy), but I still thought that my recent interview needed a thread here on the Slide Zone for discussion. Topics might include communication, goals, 1st aid, and contacting SAR. Not sure how far you have to fastforward if you don't want to hear the first part before we get to the accident.

You can search "Crested Butte is Home" for episode 28 on your podcast player or go here: LINK

Also, here's the CAIC report.

Jeez. I'm surprised Sean was able to ski and hike out as far as he did with all of those broken bones.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Jeez. I'm surprised Sean was able to ski and hike out as far as he did with all of those broken bones.
    Yeah, he's a lot stronger than most, that's for sure.

That pretty much describes the epic as close as you can come to being right over that line.

It wasn't sobering, it was a reminder. Hopefully other's learn from your interview.

haven't listened yet, but hope to. But from what I know of the incident, yeah, he's a beast. And Pete is as well.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Yeah, he's a lot stronger than most, that's for sure.
    Yeah I'm sure that goes without saying. Thank you for linking this one separately, I never would have seen it.