Backcountry lift tikets

I was trolling around whistler's website trying to find information on the backcountry gates on blackcomb (which I still haven't found, if you have a link handy) and I noticed that they sell "backcountry lift tickets" for $72 cad. To be honest, I wasn't aware resorts did this. What other resorts that you know of have an option like this?

https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/th...ckcountry.aspx

Seventy two fucking dollars?!?

Red Mountain in Rossland used to sell single ride lift tickets to access the backcountry for $5 back in the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

https://backcountrymagazine.com/stor...bc-atmosphere/

the Hankin Evelyn project, a true BC ressort, no tickets, no staff, no nothing

https://www.facebook.com/Bulkley-Bac...location=group
    altho the Bulkley valley brewing company is donating a buck from each beer sold to BBSS memebers

it aint the middle of nowhere but you can see nowhere from here, worth checking out if you are driving south from AK
    Last edited by XXX-er; 02-19-2019 at 09:48 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Lost Trail in MT/ID still sells $5 one rides that access vast and rarely visited bc.

I bought a single ride ticket in Catedral in Argentina to access Frey 10 years ago?

Alta used to sell the single ride tickets for this purpose. Alta was also the easiest resort ever to poach when they sold single ride tickets. Skied many of days there on 2 single ride tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Single ride tickets in the Alps but you’d have to fork over $8.20 and put up with better food and wine (for less). US beer right now is off the charts. Maybe that’s worth a $72 bc ticket.

I found this amusing, right from the top of the linked webpage:

WHISTLER BLACKCOMB
    BACKCOUNTRY
    As North America’s #1 Resort, Whistler Blackcomb is also your gateway to a vast area of unmarked and un-patrolled backcountry access in the Garibaldi Provincial Park.

The allure of backcountry skiing and riding has increased over the last few years and many resorts, as well as manufacturers, are filling this demand with innovative products and services. Gathered below are resources to guides, training, gear, and bulletins to make help make your adventure safe and prepare you for avalanche and glacier hazards.

Patrol - Emergency

For on hill emergencies only
    604-935-5555

Found single lift and gondi rides all over Japan. 500 to 1000 yen. Definitely worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by skimanguydude View Post
    I was trolling around whistler's website trying to find information on the backcountry gates on blackcomb (which I still haven't found, if you have a link handy)

https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/th...ckcountry.aspx
    Blackcomb, and whistler, have an open boundary policy. Exit wherever you want.

Sugar Bowl (Tahoe/Pacific Crest) has "Up & Out" tickets good for 2 rides up to access 8 different gates.

They also have a different type of ticket for skinning inbounds.

More importantly, they've gotten ~17' of snow so far in February (about half in the past week).

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Lost Trail in MT/ID still sells $5 one rides that access vast and rarely visited bc.
    Same with Lookout Pass in MT/ID. I think theirs is $7 though.
    It sucks to suck.

Eaglecrest sells a $5 one ride
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Sugar Bowl used to sell single ride tickets to the top of Judah. Don't think they still do that but it's been several years since I've been there.

pretty sure Brighton here in UT still does single rides. they have great bc access, best in the central Wasatch I'd say

Sugar Bowl still sells one way tix. And more than just Judah.

"$43Single Day Up and Out Backcountry (2 Lift Rides)** **Guests must be on ski or snowboard to ride chairlift, no showshoes allowed."

IMO, it's too expensive now. It used to be like $15. Then $25.

It's required by the FS as a condition that was imposed in the FEIS as mitigation for the Judah Lodge and lift expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    pretty sure Brighton here in UT still does single rides. they have great bc access, best in the central Wasatch I'd say
    its $15 now and every lift access different goods
    soli sells a 10 ride for $106
    but ya need 2 lifts to get out a gate
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno