Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I’m here to solve problems:
    https://www.knoebels.com
    I'm sure the food is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I'm sure the food is amazing.
    It’s no Mohonk....but what is???

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

It’s no Mohonk....but what is???
    I don't know, the place I linked to seems to be a bit nicer than cotton candy:

https://www.gurneysresorts.com/monta...carpetta-beach

Affordable summer resorts within 2-3 hours of NYC?

I don't know, the place I linked to seems to be a bit nicer than cotton candy:

https://www.gurneysresorts.com/monta...carpetta-beach
    But is it “affordable?”

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

But is it “affordable?”
    You tell me. I sure as shit wouldn't want to hold a family reunion at a free amusement park in the middle of PA. A McDonald's Play place seems more attractive.

Fuck you, did you live down the street?
    Not that I remember but we got New York TV and my wife is from Westchester. You'll get a kick out of this.

https://74mainst.com/2017/08/03/the-original-balboa/

“If a Balboa is shrouded in Swiss (and it is), its origins are shrouded in mystery. Artie Bruno Jr., whose family operated the Larchmont Tavern for more than 50 years – they started the business in 1933 – said, “I don’t know who created it. All I know is a customer – I think my dad said he might have been a cabdriver – came in and asked if we made them. We said, we don’t but what is it? So he told us. I don’t know if we made it exactly how he said or guessed, but we put our own idea together of what it could be.” The Balboa – the name the customer used – made its debut in the mid- to late 1970s, and today is the restaurant’s top-selling sandwich.”
    How about Chicken Cutlets...WTF is a wedge!

http://www.westchestermagazine.com/B...et-Sandwiches/

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Not that I remember but we got New York TV and my wife is from Westchester. You'll get a kick out of this.

https://74mainst.com/2017/08/03/the-original-balboa/

How about Chicken Cutlets...WTF is a wedge!

http://www.westchestermagazine.com/B...et-Sandwiches/
    A 6 foot wedge was the sign that you were going to a decent birthday party. It's got to be the most localized name for a sammy in the entire nation.

I can't tell you how many hundred's of times I've ordered a chicken parm sandwich with no sauce and no cheese and lettuce tomato and mayo with salt and pepper in the high country. It takes them forever to figure it out with computer's and all, but I persist.

FYI, Jersey Boys in Dillon, Peppino's in Frisco, and Avon Bakery and Deli in you guessed it, make a passable one.

When I was in Argentina, I felt like everyone was a long-lost culinary cousin.

And, touche MF:

"It is like a grinder...but from Westchester" What?

Seriously, the upper Westchester deli scene is as good as anywhere. And dinners...why can't be have dinners...with the cake display right as you walk in.

Serious answer to original question- have you looked into Rocking Horse Ranch? Tons of activities, food, and very close to the New Paltz town center. Its not dirt cheap but I’m pretty sure it’s not as bad as Mohonk.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    "It is like a grinder...but from Westchester" What?

Seriously, the upper Westchester deli scene is as good as anywhere. And dinners...why can't be have dinners...with the cake display right as you walk in.
    You can have dinners.

I'll take a greek-owned 24/7 diner any day. My local diner down the street growing up had to institute a minimum check/maximum time policy because we would sit there for hours way past midnight and just split a plate of gravy fries.

Danno's gonna shit when he comes back to this thread.

Chicken cutlet sandwiches were big on Long Island when i lived in Huntigton for six months or so back in about '82, you could get them at any deli. They weren't called wedges, though, and I never heard of a Balboa but it sounds good.

Greeks do run the best diners. In Mass. they make most of the pizza and subs instead of having diners.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Our last reunion was just a few miles from the ruins of that place!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Serious answer to original question- have you looked into Rocking Horse Ranch? Tons of activities, food, and very close to the New Paltz town center. Its not dirt cheap but I’m pretty sure it’s not as bad as Mohonk.
    Ha, we vacationed there once or twice when I was a kid. Haven't thought about it since but will check it out, thanks.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Our last reunion was just a few miles from the ruins of that place!
    Sounds like a hellava reunion.

I can't spell. What's new.

Danno, you should just rent a party bus with a driver and eat out. Makers and I will get you all squared away. You could just stay at the Doral in Ryebrook, and either play 9 or hang out a playland during the day.

^^^This.

Fun fact: Playland is the only amusement park I've ever been to.

WTF is with this wedge and grinder bullshit? They're heros, fucking HEROs. Ya know, cold cuts and veggies or chicken parm or similar in a long roll. It's a fucking HERO.

subs

Sea Girt, Ocean City, LBI, Montauk, Fire Island, Hamptons v. Kutshers.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    WTF is with this wedge and grinder bullshit? They're heros, fucking HEROs. Ya know, cold cuts and veggies or chicken parm or similar in a long roll. It's a fucking HERO.
    American's are irrationally committed to their regional name for a sandwich like no other culture. I don't understand it really, and no fucks given by me, as long as it's good.

Affordable summer resorts within 2-3 hours of NYC?

Fire Island. Rent a big house and hire a chef and maid. Beaches are amazing, no cars is nice. Train then ferry from NYC. PM if needed for suggestions on which towns are best - definitely a few to avoid.

Kalahari waterpark in poconos? place is huge....many dining choices inside.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post

You mean a hoagie, right?

So we have narrowed it down to:

a. proximity to NYC
    b. good sandwiches are mandatory
    c. millennials don't like cooking or doing dishes

How many people and days are we talking? I kinda feel like this eastcoaters got this all figured out. Don't you just send the stoners out go get bagels, hit the deli for lunch and then go out for dinner?