Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17
    You know what always works is an exclamation point. A smile and a little pep go a long ways and are not generally found to be objectionable, unless they are being used sarcastically, which I've been known to do.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    You switched from unwanted touch to "hitting on".

When men stop raping and murdering women then we can talk about not being intimidated by unwanted touch...

It's like men that call women that are under 50 and they have no relationship (of any kind) with honey, sweetie and other pet names.

The vast majority of women hate it and most men know it, yet a certain type still do it.

Why?
    I think some guys "get away with it" = they are seen as attractive by women, and they can "grab them by the pussy" as it were, and the girls let them, for better or worse. This is probably .0000001% of guys. The rest of us are all like "so your telling me there's a chance..."

Probably most of us realize as we age and gain wisdom, that we are/were not/not ever attractive to women, and therefore don't say/do the same stupid shit we did as kids. But some still do. Those are the idiots, or the ones with big schlongs, or both. The thing is, boiled down, this shit sometimes works... we all see it, and we are all mystified, but sometimes otherwise deplorable behavior results in a man receiving consensual sexual attention from an actual living woman. Just like telemarketers sometimes sell people a lifetime laptop repair policy, people sometimes enter into mutual sexual encounters after initially inauspicious interactions... e.g. "damn girl, you be lookin sweet", "hey babe, want to check out my car stereo" etc...

I think the problem is, we men are too fucking stupid to realize that this is only working for the variously endowed, and we shouldn't all do this. I mean, I can shoot a 3 every now and then, but I'm no Steph Curry, as it were
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Had a waitress call me “darlin” the other day. Should I have gotten upset?

I suspect it was just a tactic to maximize tips. And it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Had a waitress call me “darlin” the other day. Should I have gotten upset?

I suspect it was just a tactic to maximize tips. And it worked.
    OR was it that she wanted something (tips), and was using sex (using a term that implied real or desired romantic intimacy) as an entreaty??????????

Triggering.....
    focus.

When my dad was in a nursing home and couldn't walk, he'd have fun by with the aides guessing their bra size. They all thought he was a hoot and cried at his funeral. The correct answers to some life questions are situational.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    OR was it that she wanted something (tips), and was using sex (using a term that implied real or desired romantic intimacy) as an entreaty??????????

Triggering.....
    Yeah, I think that’s pretty much exactly what happened. But she has such a cute smile, I don’t mind getting used in that way.

“She can keep on using me - until she’s used me up”
    Last edited by billyk; 03-23-2019 at 11:36 AM.