Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    5,995

    Did you know Goldenboy has a series of podcasts?

    I didn't. Super interesting and well done. I know these take a ton of work...so thank you.

    https://crestedbutterealestateagent....butte-is-home/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cb, co
    Posts
    3,645
    Thanks man, super appreciated! I think the stories cross over to any mountain town at the end of the day.

    I'll put the one I'm releasing in a couple of days in the slide zone. Lots to talk about, Sean doesn't hold back talking about this incident: https://avalanche.state.co.us/caic/a...=632&accfm=inv

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Posts
    12,283
    Do one with Blurred!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cb, co
    Posts
    3,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Do one with Blurred!
    Good call! We'd have too much to talk about- Poker? Snowmobiling? Skiing? Hunting? Speedflying? The interwebz through the eyes of Blurred?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    10,717

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    6,345
    PODCAST THREAD JONG!
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...93#post5347593

    Actually though, this deserved it's own thread, so thanks for posting. I've listened to about half of goldenboy's episodes and thoroughly enjoyed them all. Will be keeping an eye out for the upcoming one with Sean, I expect that'll be mandatory listening for backcountry skiers.

    Free bump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cb, co
    Posts
    3,645
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    GTFO!!! Cuing up Barb Peters
    Do you know Barb? Hope you liked it!

    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post

    Actually though, this deserved it's own thread, so thanks for posting. I've listened to about half of goldenboy's episodes and thoroughly enjoyed them all. Will be keeping an eye out for the upcoming one with Sean, I expect that'll be mandatory listening for backcountry skiers.

    Free bump.
    Thanks! I know you mentioned sound quality early on. Has it been getting any better in the past few episodes? Working on it...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    10,717
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Do you know Barb? Hope you liked it..
    So, I moved there as an 18 year old in 1995. I had racing and mogul skills, but it was a season of being in over my head learning to ski steeps and navigate exposure. I have a salient memory of kind of picking my way through a bony exposed traverse and hearing this plake-like cackling approaching from behind the bend...HAH HAH HAH
    Barb Peters came just 20 mph shitblowing past on this narrow traverse above cliffs, just like...a locomotive of cackling and pot smoke, edges sparking over the rocks...HAH HAH HAAAHHH

    Un-fucking-forgettable.

    I sat in my little cabin in Almont that night thinking: I’ve really gotta step it up a notch, this place is insane, it’s on now.

    Then the Giant Snowball...who could forget that. Epic.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    6,345
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Thanks! I know you mentioned sound quality early on. Has it been getting any better in the past few episodes? Working on it...
    I just listened to the Sean Crossen episode and it's definitely better. You've solved the pops on your monologue sections which I think was my biggest complaint. Sean at least did a great job of speaking clearly into the microphone which was something a couple of your interviewees had trouble with. The audio quality is perfectly fine now.
    If you still wanted to improve it, probably the biggest thing you could do is upgrade your interviewing setup. I'm guessing you're using a single, omni-directional microphone in a room with hard walls? There's some echoing going on. You could improve it by using two directional mics or by adding acoustic panels on the walls in that room. But both of those might be too much trouble/expense for what you're trying to accomplish with the podcast and it's perfectly fine as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cb, co
    Posts
    3,645
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I just listened to the Sean Crossen episode and it's definitely better. You've solved the pops on your monologue sections which I think was my biggest complaint. Sean at least did a great job of speaking clearly into the microphone which was something a couple of your interviewees had trouble with. The audio quality is perfectly fine now.
    If you still wanted to improve it, probably the biggest thing you could do is upgrade your interviewing setup. I'm guessing you're using a single, omni-directional microphone in a room with hard walls? There's some echoing going on. You could improve it by using two directional mics or by adding acoustic panels on the walls in that room. But both of those might be too much trouble/expense for what you're trying to accomplish with the podcast and it's perfectly fine as is.
    Sorry, meant to reply to this but left town for a while- thanks for all the feedback. It's a dual microphone- usually in my office with hard walls. I'm sure I could make it quite a bit better with lavalier microphones, and maybe some blankets or something on the walls, but like you said, it isn't worth it given what I'm trying to do. Glad the "pops" are better, at least.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cb, co
    Posts
    3,645
    Not that I want to bump this thread every single time I do an episode but I figure the TGR crowd would probably dig the interview I just released with Wendy Fisher. https://crestedbutterealestateagent....-and-olympian/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •