Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    JONG question and trust me I’ve done a ton of homework searching, but anyone know of any touring skis mounted between -3 and -5 and >120 underfoot? Doesn’t have to be super light, ideally <2050g. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Yeah, what I assume is your glowing endorsement of them on Evo nearly made my buy a pair So what are the new challengers that you think might have a run at dethroning the Nocta?
    Völkl Revolt 121, but I haven't skied them in the same conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by NS05672 View Post
    JONG question and trust me I’ve done a ton of homework searching, but anyone know of any touring skis mounted between -3 and -5 and >120 underfoot? Doesn’t have to be super light, ideally <2050g. Thanks!
    FWIW, the people who make skis (i.e. Europeans) don't think touring skis should ever be that wide.

However, you can mount any ski -3 to -5, and any ski becomes a touring ski once you put a skin on it.

Quote Originally Posted by NS05672 View Post
    Tour Lotus? Protest UL? If you want to spend some money I'm sure there a couple dozen smaller outfits who would make that for you. Send Franco Snowshapes an email, or email Keith at Praxis.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

under 2050g is pretty vague without a length stipulation.

fwiw those freaking out about hauling a protest uphill shouldn't. the waist may be 128 but the large radius and aggressive taper mean the tip and tail are narrower than a lot of other pow skis with narrower waists.

Makes trail breaking really nice and relatively easy, which might or might not be important depending on your level of self delusion.

New Black Crows Ferox could be interesting in the category. Looks a bit like a lighter Atris, which ime skis powder very well for its size.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5FoVUw760o

Atomic Bent Chetler 120 might (almost) fit within those criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by JackSkier View Post
    New Black Crows Ferox could be interesting in the category. Looks a bit like a lighter Atris, which ime skis powder very well for its size.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5FoVUw760o
    Very curious about this one. Live touring on Anima Freebirds but something with a bit less tail rocker.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.