Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

A Basin leaving Epic Pass

Will be announced shortly, but effective the 2019/20 season A Basin will no longer be on the pass.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ....and michigan still sucks

No surprise. But what pass will they be on in the future? That's the real question. What's your source?

A-Basin / Loveland Combo Pass = BEST EVER
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    A-Basin / Loveland Combo Pass = BEST EVER

Yup, with some days at Taos and other mountains.

"“We are very proud of how wonderful Arapahoe Basin has become from the unparalleled skiing and riding to the incredible scenery. With diverse ski runs including some of the most intense terrain in North America and a culinary operation that is regularly listed among the top ten in the country, the ski area has developed a very special community that feels like home. In order to continue to build on this spirit and the experience we have created, Arapahoe Basin and Vail Resorts will not be renewing their pass partnership for the 2019/2020 season,” said Arapahoe Basin Chief Operating Officer Alan Henceroth.

A-Basin has seen exceptional growth both in popularity and skier visitation after investing 40 million dollars over the last 15 years. While the mountain still has plenty of room for skiers and riders, the ski area is feeling a pinch on parking and facility space. Due to these constraints, Arapahoe Basin believes its staff can take better care of its guests by separating from Vail Resorts.

“Our focus has always been to provide an extraordinary mountain experience for our guests. With consistent snowfall and one of the nation’s highest and most stunning settings, we offer an environment that is totally unique. From Montezuma Bowl to The Beavers and from Black Mountain Lodge to the 6th Alley Bar and Grill, there are few resorts that can match The Basin’s scenic landscape. Looking forward, we strive to provide ready and easy access for our guests. Our goal is to minimize waiting and crowding and maximize experiences and fun,” said Henceroth.

At this time, there are no new partnerships to announce. In the coming months the ski area will be discussing opportunities with several resorts and resort groups. Skiers and riders that call A-Basin home can feel good knowing the resort will still offer tremendous value and exceptional mountain experiences. These actions are designed to preserve that special culture and vibe people expect when they choose to spend a day at The Basin. The future for Arapahoe Basin is very bright.

Please note that 2018-19 Vail Resorts season passes that are currently valid at A-Basin will continue to be valid for the remainder of the 2018-19 season."

https://arapahoebasin.blogspot.com/2...edium=facebook

Arapahoe Basin / Vail Resorts End Partnership
    We are very proud of how wonderful Arapahoe Basin has become from the unparalleled skiing and riding to the incredible scenery. With diverse ski runs including some of the most intense terrain in North America and a culinary operation that is regularly listed among the top ten in the country, the ski area has developed a very special community that feels like home. In order to continue to build on this spirit and the experience we have created, Arapahoe Basin and Vail Resorts will not be renewing their pass partnership for the 2019-20 season.

A-Basin has seen exceptional growth both in popularity and skier visitation after investing 40 million dollars over the last 15 years. While the mountain still has plenty of room for skiers and riders, the ski area is feeling a pinch on parking and facility space. Due to these constraints, Arapahoe Basin believes its staff can take better care of its guests by separating from Vail Resorts.

Our focus has always been to provide an extraordinary mountain experience for our guests. With consistent snowfall and one of the nation's highest and most stunning settings, we offer an environment that is totally unique. From Montezuma Bowl to The Beavers and from Black Mountain Lodge to the 6th Alley Bar and Grill, there are few resorts that can match The Basin's scenic landscape. Looking forward, we strive to provide ready and easy access for our guests. Our goal is to minimize waiting and crowding and maximize experiences and fun.

At this time, there are no new partnerships to announce. In the coming months the ski area will be discussing opportunities with several resorts and resort groups. Skiers and riders that call A-Basin home can feel good knowing the resort will still offer tremendous value and exceptional mountain experiences. These actions are designed to preserve that special culture and vibe people expect when they choose to spend a day at The Basin. The future for Arapahoe Basin is very bright.

Please note that 2018-19 Vail Resorts season passes that are currently valid at A-Basin will continue to be valid for the remainder of the 2018-19 season.

I am just assuming the will now be on Ikon. With the Ikon email ready to be sent out int he next week or two, the timing makes sense - announce they are off Epic and then they are included in Ikon.

Very interesting.

Yes, I guess the alternative is that they go on their own and join Powder Alliance, or the Powder Alliance gets beefed up to allow more days at partner resorts. If it was unlimited Loveland/Basin and then powder alliance days at other places that would be interesting.

But I think I'm still betting Ikon.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    "
    At this time, there are no new partnerships to announce. In the coming months the ski area will be discussing opportunities with several resorts and resort groups.
    There ya go. I read that as talking to Loveland and Alterra.

I'm betting neither mega pass. It makes no sense to choose IKON over EPIC if you're citing parking as your concern. It would be even worse with IKON as they'd have no backup parking in Keystone.

I'm praying for a few combo days with Loveland and Taos.

Invested 40 million dollars... why don’t all resorts invest their money on big parking garage? We just need lifts and parking. We don’t need nice lodges.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    I am just assuming the will now be on Ikon. With the Ikon email ready to be sent out int he next week or two, the timing makes sense - announce they are off Epic and then they are included in Ikon.

Very interesting.

Yes, I guess the alternative is that they go on their own and join Powder Alliance, or the Powder Alliance gets beefed up to allow more days at partner resorts. If it was unlimited Loveland/Basin and then powder alliance days at other places that would be interesting.

But I think I'm still betting Ikon.
    I think that IKON would just leave them with the same overcrowded parking issues that they've been dealing with with the EPIC.
    My bet is that they join forces with some of the smaller resorts like Monarch, hopefully Loveland, Powderhorn, Purgatory, and maybe some out of state resorts like Batchelor. Maybe some defectors from KON and EPIC too, but I assume that most have a few years on their contracts before they can drop out.

Just saw this. I hope they try and go solo like Loveland does for a season just to see if it's sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    Invested 40 million dollars... why don’t all resorts invest their money on big parking garage? We just need lifts and parking. We don’t need nice lodges.

Let me know when you get forest service approval for big parking garages on their land.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    There ya go. I read that as talking to Loveland and Alterra.
    Could also just be a continuation of Keystone-Abasin which I think is mutually beneficial.

A Loveland abasin pass would be sick. I think that would sell well for people that love true no nonsense skiing. Also curious what the price of their season pass will be if they go commando

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I think that IKON would just leave them with the same overcrowded parking issues that they've been dealing with with the EPIC.
    My bet is that they join forces with some of the smaller resorts like Monarch, hopefully Loveland, Powderhorn, Purgatory, and maybe some out of state resorts like Batchelor. Maybe some defectors from KON and EPIC too, but I assume that most have a few years on their contracts before they can drop out.
    An alliance of non-resort ski areas would get my dollars. A few Wolf Creek days would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Let me know when you get forest service approval for big parking garages on their land.
    Also, more parking = more skiers. Lack of parking is the finger-in-the-dyke I don't want to see fixed around SLC.

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post

They don't need parking. Just wake up earlier or don't go on the weekends.

Loveland-Abasin pass would be awesome.

Although joining forces with LL would be awesome for consumers, I just don't see happening.

Too bad the area between the two is a wildlife corridor/ proposed wilderness area, because it could make a massive resort with a lot of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Although joining forces with LL would be awesome for consumers, I just don't see happening.

Too bad the area between the two is a wildlife corridor/ proposed wilderness area, because it could make a massive resort with a lot of potential.
    I'm sort of with you, I don't see a joint unlimited pass. I could see a bonus days setup which would work for me.

I don't know anything about that proposal...but how is that even possible with US6 going through there. Wilderness areas can't have roads through them no?

A-Basin seems like they could easily survive on their own, given their proximity to Denver.

But seeing them join a different pass could be a juicy opportunity for them.

With the rising popularity of Ikon and Epic, it's hard not to think that other multi-report passes aren't being discussed by individual resorts. There's got to be a "band together or be eaten" attitude among some of them, as the Ikon/Epic membership can't be all sunshine.

Powder Alliance has been mentioned already, that would be a sweet option. I think there is enough of a market out there to split into three major pass offerings, not just two.

I'm sort of with you, I don't see a joint unlimited pass. I could see a bonus days setup which would work for me.

I don't know anything about that proposal...but how is that even possible with US6 going through there. Wilderness areas can't have roads through them no?
    No idea, but it was part of the "Hidden Gems" proposal a while back and a few others.

A Loveland abasin pass would be sick. I think that would sell well for people that love true no nonsense skiing. Also curious what the price of their season pass will be if they go commando

Easy - you just put the border on either side of the road. See Mt. Evans and any number of other examples in the Wilderness inventory.

https://umontana.maps.arcgis.com/app...wer/index.html

Now they just need to charge $1000+ for Abasin only, or turn it into a country club. Memberships not passes.

And I gotta say, it sure was nice having CB and AB on the same pass this season.