Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    ^Great news so far. Best of all I can ski the Basin again. Gives me another reason to pass through Summit.

How long is someone supposed to care who opened first? Asking for a friend.

A Basin leaving Epic Pass

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    How long is someone supposed to care who opened first? Asking for a friend.
    Nobody cares that 99.99999% of the people on the planet don't care.

It is for the 19 year olds who actually do give a shit for no real reason except life is fresh and skiing is still magical and they aren't yet jaded and they are the future of the sport anyway. They are fucking stoked.

A Basin leaving Epic Pass

That, and they can post about it on Facebook/Instagram/WhatsApp, which is what really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post

It is for the 19 year olds who actually do give a shit for no real reason except life is fresh and skiing is still magical and they aren't yet jaded and they are the future of the sport anyway. They are fucking stoked.
    Actually, nobody cares.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    So, just got a first person report from my buddy who lives there. I know, yesterday afternoon was officially opening day, but that was just a fast reaction to Keystone announcing their opening today. You have to hand it to them for sticking it to Vail Corp. like that. My bud wasn't even considering going today, because, you know, Saturday opening day. Last year's opening day was ridiculous, and that was a weekday. But, he checked the cam, and there was maybe twenty people there, he said, so he got up there to do a few runs on the death ribbon and got a mug. Skied straight up to the chair at noon.

So, there ya go. If you have an Abasin pass, looks like it's going to be a good year for crowds. Lucky you.
    Cool story bro.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Actually, nobody cares.
    The people that really care keep bumping the Caroline Gleich thread.

I am a jaded snow snob, so that makes sense.

And, if they have a season's pass, never miss a Saturday. Now they only have seven days at most, if Ikon, to do that. They're all down the road at Keystone or over at Breck.

I could care less who opens first, just sayin'that lack of crowds is an awesome sign for the Abasin pass holder. Maybe that all changes next season if they change to all Ikon or something, but, this season looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Cool story bro.
    Thanks

Ikon holders are probably saving their days. I have an ikon base and an a basin midweek. I looked at the cam and thought about going for some runs yesterday but would rather save those 5 days for weekends in the spring

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    Ikon holders are probably saving their days. I have an ikon base and an a basin midweek. I looked at the cam and thought about going for some runs yesterday but would rather save those 5 days for weekends in the spring
    All the Ikon holders I know are saving their Basin days for powder days.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

The people that really care keep bumping the Caroline Gleich thread.
    Haha, thanks for this
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I'd like to know how many Epic vs IKON passes were sold on the front range. Powder days, especially on weekends, could definitely turn into shitshows. However, they still might not be nearly as bad as they were in the Epic era. Also I bet a lot of people hold out for spring skiing but then never use the days. WP is actually open into May so that could help keep crowds down too.

I think another big contributor to the crowds in the past was the VR employees. All winter long, but especially in the spring, after all the other resorts closed, those folks were a very large part of the crowds that swarmed the Basin. They were also very big contributors to the Gaper day insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    I think another big contributor to the crowds in the past was the VR employees. All winter long, but especially in the spring, after all the other resorts closed, those folks were a very large part of the crowds that swarmed the Basin. They were also very big contributors to the Gaper day insanity.
    ^^^This is so true. Keeping all of the Summit County (and even Eagle County) VR employees away from Abasin will be HUGE!

hmmmmmmm..........

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I'll probably save mine for mid-winter, mid-week powder days... and maybe a couple for Spring.

You’re an ikoner? But you hate WP copper and boat ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    You’re an ikoner? But you hate WP copper and boat ?
    I don't hate anything...

ETA: Except Eldora. Fuck that place.

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

A basin is less crowded this year because I'm no longer there. Most of the crowd last year was just hoping to catch a glimpse of me.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Maybe they sell more day tickets? It takes a special kind of gaper to drive to an Epically clusterfucked Basin and pay for a ticket. Things will balance out for them I think in the end. Super crowded junk show is not really sustainable either

More than any of the useless brain picking of Al and his blog or spreadsheets they won't share with the public this certainly illustrates what a juggernaut Epic is in the front range.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

And in Summit and over in Vail, too. As mentioned, so many people are employed by Vail Corp.. Why powder mornings at Breck suck. Between the townies and instructors, it's gone by 10am.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    And in Summit and over in Vail, too. As mentioned, so many people are employed by Vail Corp.. Why powder mornings at Breck suck. Between the townies and instructors, it's gone by 10am.
    And now with no ABasin, Breck will be even more crowded.

As for ABasin powder days and Front Range crowds: I’d argue many more people driving up will hit Winter Park, as it’s easier and quicker IMO to get to than ABasin in a storm (LL Pass closed).