Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    What’s a bay?
    See above post, jong

A Basin leaving Epic Pass

I bought LL and IKON base this year (strictly for long weekend chases to UT, WY, MT) and then use my Purgatory and Monarch days from LL every year.

I posted earlier about an A Basin & LL combo pass, but if they both have 3 day inclusions to mountains worth traveling to that will get my money for sure.

Unlimited to both will fuck up the LUV.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLanTheman View Post
    See above post, jong
    Oh shit, I'm dying. WHOOSH.

A 120-ost JONG calling out a 9+ year mag.

any chance this is the beginning of a larger trend of resorts rejecting these megapass things?

that would be nice

Good on Abasin for making the split. Especially if it's truly in the interest of providing a better ski experience. Most of the time money trumps all, so I assume the deal with Epic was shitty. But who knows?

I'm a little bummed personally, as skiing just got more expensive for me. Can't go without an Abasin pass. Frankly it's one of the driving forces that kept me from jumping to Ikon this year. Next year will be another year to consider I guess. Unfortunately Abasin alone doesn't cut it either if I'm throwing down for a pass. It's an expensive decision by the resort that I think will affect all skiers who love the Beast. Also will just funnel more people to less ski terrain in the other 4 resorts.

And whoever above said this is good news because it means less shuffling in line for your ski pass cuz no RFID, you crazy! That is so dumb they haven't upgraded that shit yet. Abasin, listen up if you're reading this...

Quote Originally Posted by Lev View Post
    Good on Abasin for making the split. Especially if it's truly in the interest of providing a better ski experience. Most of the time money trumps all, so I assume the deal with Epic was shitty. But who knows?

I'm a little bummed personally, as skiing just got more expensive for me. Can't go without an Abasin pass. Frankly it's one of the driving forces that kept me from jumping to Ikon this year. Next year will be another year to consider I guess. Unfortunately Abasin alone doesn't cut it either if I'm throwing down for a pass. It's an expensive decision by the resort that I think will affect all skiers who love the Beast. Also will just funnel more people to less ski terrain in the other 4 resorts.

And whoever above said this is good news because it means less shuffling in line for your ski pass cuz no RFID, you crazy! That is so dumb they haven't upgraded that shit yet. Abasin, listen up if you're reading this...
    The technical issue I’ve been told is the lack of bandwidth up the pass from Silverthorne. Making it difficult for them to connect to the RFID system Vail had. Would be interesting to see if this changes things.

Anyone who calls it A-Bay shouldn’t be allowed to buy a pass.

Damn straight. These two fuckers were next to me in line this weekend and after the 7th time they said A-Bay I was trying to decide if I was morally obligated to tell them to shut the hell up.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Damn straight. These two fuckers were next to me in line this weekend and after the 7th time they said A-Bay I was trying to decide if I was morally obligated to tell them to shut the hell up.
    Just beat them senseless with your ski poles. With no explanation. People will understand...

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    any chance this is the beginning of a larger trend of resorts rejecting these megapass things?

that would be nice
    I was thinking the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if a few "first movers" left this year, which hopefully starts a trend for others to follow.

Or even buy a day ticket.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Name:  A-Bay1.jpg
Views: 1835
Size:  48.5 KB

There was a happy vibe in the A-frame today from all the employees I can tell ya that. Good folks up there, and as much as I bitch about the place, it feels like home. People were stoked on the future.

I'll ski the basin tomorrow, doubt I'll have to share a chair but if I do I'll drop as many 'A-Bays' as possible to see if I make any of ya kooks' head spin in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    There was a happy vibe in the A-frame today from all the employees I can tell ya that. Good folks up there, and as much as I bitch about the place, it feels like home. People were stoked on the future.
    I can only imagine what that vibe was like.

Took this photo 9 years ago:

Name:  fvr.jpg
Views: 1225
Size:  52.2 KB

If only Kirkwood could still do this. Too late for us.

I think I'd ski A Basin if I was living over there

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

This is interesting. I have only skied Abasin once, but I was impressed. It was a college ski trip, 5 days of skiing and partying after finals. The group stayed in Copper, so I skied that mostly. One day some of us went to Abasin, and we ended up skiing there using the bus the rest of the trip. The terrain there is much better than Vail or any of the Summit County resorts from what I have seen. I would actually probably buy an Abasin only and a Loveland pass if I lived in Denver. I can see why people would want basin/LL pass, but if the passes were separate it might keep crowds down. It would be nice to able to hit Loveland on days I did not want to drive all the way to the Abasin.

Here is a question for the Denver types, do you guys get ski leases? I live in Orange County and ski Mammoth 2-3 weekends a month, so the only choice I have is to get a group together and get a ski lease for six months. Day trips don't work. My friends in the bay area who do the same thing with Tahoe. I hear very bad things about the I70, so it would make sense to me to get a ski lease so that I could ski both weekend days without driving for 5 hours each day to do it. In Salt Lake it does not matter, you are close enough to the mountains that you don't need a lease, but if Abasin is two hours from Denver (is it?) plus added traffic time when it is crowded I would think a lease share makes sense.

I don't have a choice about which pass I buy, it has to be Ikon. But the extra resorts beyond Mammoth really don't do THAT much for me because I have to get a ski lease. If I want to ski 35-40 days a year that means Mammoth, which means a ski lease which costs around 3k a year. That limits the amount of traveling I can do. If I did not need to get a ski lease I would travel more. It is a trade off, but without a lease I simply could not ski as much as I do. I have always thought it would be nice to be in Denver and closer to good mountains, but when I hear about how bad I70 can be I would think ski leases make sense even in Denver.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    I heard that their cut was $10 per skier day on the epic pass.
    old numbers

$15
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Which Basin?
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Which Basin?
    Might be Loveland Basin, otherwise Moonlight Basin... or Snowbasin? Beartooth Basin? This is just Bogus... Basin...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

A Basin leaving Epic Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    This is interesting. I have only skied Abasin once, but I was impressed. It was a college ski trip, 5 days of skiing and partying after finals. The group stayed in Copper, so I skied that mostly. One day some of us went to Abasin, and we ended up skiing there using the bus the rest of the trip. The terrain there is much better than Vail or any of the Summit County resorts from what I have seen. I would actually probably buy an Abasin only and a Loveland pass if I lived in Denver. I can see why people would want basin/LL pass, but if the passes were separate it might keep crowds down. It would be nice to able to hit Loveland on days I did not want to drive all the way to the Abasin.

Here is a question for the Denver types, do you guys get ski leases? I live in Orange County and ski Mammoth 2-3 weekends a month, so the only choice I have is to get a group together and get a ski lease for six months. Day trips don't work. My friends in the bay area who do the same thing with Tahoe. I hear very bad things about the I70, so it would make sense to me to get a ski lease so that I could ski both weekend days without driving for 5 hours each day to do it. In Salt Lake it does not matter, you are close enough to the mountains that you don't need a lease, but if Abasin is two hours from Denver (is it?) plus added traffic time when it is crowded I would think a lease share makes sense.

I don't have a choice about which pass I buy, it has to be Ikon. But the extra resorts beyond Mammoth really don't do THAT much for me because I have to get a ski lease. If I want to ski 35-40 days a year that means Mammoth, which means a ski lease which costs around 3k a year. That limits the amount of traveling I can do. If I did not need to get a ski lease I would travel more. It is a trade off, but without a lease I simply could not ski as much as I do. I have always thought it would be nice to be in Denver and closer to good mountains, but when I hear about how bad I70 can be I would think ski leases make sense even in Denver.
    Loveland is an hour from Denver. ABasin 15 mins longer, over the pass (without traffic). Most of the I70 shitshow can be avoided if you’re smart and have some flexibility and ski weekdays. People definitely do ski leases in Summit County, but day trips are easy enough during the week and more of a pain on weekends. Tens of thousands do it and that’s why the traffic sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Oh shit, I'm dying. WHOOSH.

A 120-ost JONG calling out a 9+ year mag.
    And over calling it....... A-Bay.

Jeezus Cerist

Fucking Kyle....
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk