Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    I get 3 exchanges with my Monarch pass. Hit the Basin early Feb., 3 days after a storm. The runs were all groomed or skied out but we skied untracked in the trees all day. Works for me. Btw I dont ski resorts on weekends except on powder days.

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    I get 3 exchanges with my Monarch pass. Hit the Basin early Feb., 3 days after a storm. The runs were all groomed or skied out but we skied untracked in the trees all day. Works for me. Btw I dont ski resorts on weekends except on powder days.
    I'll meet you there some weekday, give a shout.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    Btw I dont ski resorts on weekends except on powder days.
    I was like that till this season. Saturday mornings definitely a little busy, but I've been showing up later in the day, going out the gate right before the lift shuts down, and getting a decent day in while still avoiding the masses everywhere but the first few lift rides. Sundays are even betterer.

ETA: Just noticed that it would only be $559 to ski the rest of this season and all of next with the double down pass. That's really not too bad of a deal. Lots of season left still
    Last edited by Name Redacted; 03-08-2020 at 08:53 AM.

A-Basin just dropped their renewal to $349 ($70 discount). Includes Icon Passholders.

Also added this "A-Basin Pass Promise. If A-Basin does not open at all for the 2020-21 season, your pass will automatically be transferred to the 2021-22 season and will be valid. You will NOT need to pay the difference if the price increases."

A-Basin is selling the Pali chairs by lottery. You need to pay $50 to enter the lottery for a chance to buy a chair for $2500. I think i'll pass on this one. Double chairs don't even make a good swing. I love my Loveland Chair 2 swing, and those chairs were only $400. I'm sure they will have no problem selling the chairs even at that price though.

https://www.arapahoebasin.com/pallav...c2MTM5Mzk1NwS2

$2500 is insane. I prefer my free one.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

$50 doesn't even count toward the $2500.... oh yea and $160+ in tax.

That chair has meaning beyond ski memories, first date with my wife. She is pissed because she wanted one, but not at that price.

I guess Pali chairs will only adorn the (third) homes of the 1%. Or they have misread the market and won't even sell 100 tickets. I sincerely doubt they are going to raise the $250K in chair sales they imagine, not even if the economy wasn't in shambles.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Yeah, the people who can afford that could care less.

Maybe a restaraunt/bar and hotel/Inn would want one, but half of those people are out of business.

$2500, Jesus Christ... About 20 years ago I bought two Alta Supreme double chairs for $250 each and that included the center pole being removed and then reattached with legs so it could be set on the ground. Also fresh powder coat and "Alta Supreme Chair" stenciled on the back rest. Should have bought more...

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    $50 doesn't even count toward the $2500.... oh yea and $160+ in tax.

That chair has meaning beyond ski memories, first date with my wife. She is pissed because she wanted one, but not at that price.

I guess Pali chairs will only adorn the (third) homes of the 1%. Or they have misread the market and won't even sell 100 tickets. I sincerely doubt they are going to raise the $250K in chair sales they imagine, not even if the economy wasn't in shambles.
    I can find you chair that’s similar and tell you it was from Pali. I’ll even give you deal, $1000. For $1500 I’ll convince you it’s the one you and your wife had a date on.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

In a few years those Pali chairs will be worth triple. I'll make sure to get a certificate of authenticity. Gonna look great sitting on the deck.

Guaranteed to appreciate in value! Just like beanie babies!

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Guaranteed to appreciate in value! Just like beanie babies!
    Dude, there are beanie babies worth $50K!

I'm also hoping to get a gondola cabin for the yard one of these days. Guessing they'll be on the market as ski areas switch back to chairs because of the 'Rona. Can't tell you how much debauchery went down in those Keystone gondi cabins BITD, wouldn't call it a "First date" exactly...

https://www.ebid.net/us/for-sale/pal...-192709696.htm

Already at $5,200. Crazy. I don't think they will have any problem selling the rest at $2,500.

Only 13 unique bidders.... guess we'll see

not to mention, isn't this one specifically 100% for charity, not "some non-disclosed portion will go to charity"?

my $40 chair from Aspen 100% went to the cub scouts

I really think Abasin missed the mark on this but it is what it is. We shall see what they all end up going for but given the low volume of bids on the charity auction I really can't see 100+ people paying 2550+Tax for a non-deduction purchase.

Holy shit.

ARAPAHOE BASIN WILL REOPEN FOR THE 2019-20 SEASON WITH LIMITED SKIING AND RIDING OPERATIONS ON WEDNESDAY, MAY 27.

WHAT TO EXPECT

NO RESERVATION, NO ACCESS. A limited number of people will be admitted daily. Do not come if you do not have a pre-booked reservation.

There are only two ways to ski / ride A-Basin during this time: pre-book a reservation with a valid pass or purchase a day ticket in advance.

TAILGATING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Arapahoe Basin staff will actively police the parking lots to ensure compliance with all state, county and company mandates. There are no exceptions.

BRING A FACE COVERING. You must wear it when you cannot maintain 6 feet of physical distancing outdoors and in designated areas.

You will be asked to leave if you do not follow all guidelines laid out by Arapahoe Basin, which were developed in conjunction with state and county health authorities.

Please stay home if you are sick or are considered high risk.

This is not an experience suitable for beginners. To reduce injury risk, we recommend only experienced skiers/riders. Expect spring conditions.

You must take an unload test to qualify.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

benny is planning an escape from connecticut......

Fuck no.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    our soli summit doubles gittin hung this summer
    well unless someone wants to donate $2,500
    to the summer bum fishin funds
    then its yours and you can claim it came from whereverz
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

About half of the herd of mountain goats on top of ABasin today.