Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Any recent rumblings about joining Ikon next season?
    No, employees are starting rumors to fuck with people and it is pretty funny. They can't officially announce anything yet though because of their contract w/ Epic. Don't know when that is up.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    No, employees are starting rumors to fuck with people and it is pretty funny. They can't officially announce anything yet though because of their contract w/ Epic. Don't know when that is up.
    Ha!
    So likely we won’t hear anything until this summer?

Still in between getting an Epic Local or Ikon Base for next season, with an ABasin Pass. Don’t want to get the Basin Pass if they’re just going to end up on Ikon. And Ikon goes up $100 in a few weeks.

Anyone who thinks a basin will end up on ikon hasn’t been paying attention. No way in hell they do that.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Passes go up $50 after 5/1. Trigger pulled. First time I haven't given $ to VR in 15+ years.

Two dudes in the lift line were bitching about how they have to take their passes out of their jackets yesterday at the Basin. I turn around and say "You could just go to Vail". They laugh at first, then realized I was telling them to shut the fuck up. Can't wait till next season.

cool story, bro....

I think a big part of the problem with the basin/ vail partnership was that vail was really screwing over the basin with the amount of money they were giving for each epic pass scan. The amount per scan is higher with ikon.

Could be true I wouldn't know.
    But if, hypothetically, someday, maybe, possibly, perhaps, conceivably, they went with ikonation, then keystone wouldn't be right down the street and breck a long bus ride away, on the same pass.
    Would seem to perhaps limit traffic a bit more vs gapic.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    I think a big part of the problem with the basin/ vail partnership was that vail was really screwing over the basin with the amount of money they were giving for each epic pass scan. The amount per scan is higher with ikon.
    Everything I’ve heard speaks to this, along with Vail offering up even less in this round of renewals, as their model is very clearly focused now on owned and operated resorts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://arapahoebasin.blogspot.com/20...s-message.html

So, reading between the lines, this means....IKON next year?

Quote Originally Posted by COinIA View Post

Another pass will offer 7 days... just like IKON...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by COinIA View Post

Lots of banter about this on their Facebook page. Wish they could give some more details before May 1.

Ha. Damn. As an ikon and an Abasin pass holder I feel a little conflicted but this seems to make sense for them so whatever. I didn’t really think they would fully go on their own, that just seems a little risky after so many years of having a partnership.

No, employees are starting rumors to fuck with people and it is pretty funny. .
    Al is one of the employees...

“If you want to ski 8 or more days, this is the only pass that will offer that option”
    The writing is on the wall. ABasin is going to be IKONic. 5 days for base, 7 for full. What else could it be?

What else could it be?
    Could be people dreaming otherwise with their head in the sand.

It'll be less crowds than the Epic. But nowhere near the place it would've been if it went with the Loveland model.

“If you want to ski 8 or more days, this is the only pass that will offer that option”
    The writing is on the wall. ABasin is going to be IKONic. 5 days for base, 7 for full. What else could it be?
    Ikon. Obviously. Been clear from the start. Everything they have said points to it and they can “show” how Ikon fixes all their publicly stated problems, and they get more money per scan.

ugh,

I stand corrected. It sure looks like Ikon. If the issue really was about overcrowding and parking, this makes no sense.

Hordes of Copper/WP skiers will be there next year to check out the mountain for sure. People who dropped $400 already have to be pissed.

Due to the wife probably needing shoulder surgery in the fall, Loveland is off my list for next year.

So now I must decide:
    Epic Local and Abasin for $1100
    vs
    Ikon Base and Keystone+ for $1000

East Vail days + unlimited Abasin
    vs
    Copper Montain and Aspen
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Heard a few things lately that might point toward Mountain Collective making a comeback and the Basin could be on the MC. That would make perfect sense.

Heard a few things lately that might point toward Mountain Collective making a comeback and the Basin could be on the MC. That would make perfect sense.
    Mountain collective only offers two days at each mountain so the 8 days that he said wouldnt make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Mountain collective only offers two days at each mountain so the 8 days that he said wouldnt make sense.
    But it could be both.

But it could be both.
    Either way this sucks, everyone is raising their prices soon and this is key to where I decide. I would do Ikon if I get 5 - 7 days at abasin. Or I would do abasin only if they join powder alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Either way this sucks, everyone is raising their prices soon and this is key to where I decide. I would do Ikon if I get 5 - 7 days at abasin. Or I would do abasin only if they join powder alliance.
    Yeah, a lot of people complaining about that. I really couldn't care less, buying a Basin pass regardless. Would be nice to get a discounted MC, or just buy a few 4 packs. I don't need a pass to 30 mountains that I'll only ski a few of.