Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    They can run a triple as a double, but you can’t run a double as a triple.
    Aspen ran Ruthies as a double a couple of years, till they can to their senses.

Costs being equal, it would seem foolish not giving yourselves the option.
    Exactly. Seems like a no brainer.

What if BME goes down for weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    What if BME goes down for weeks?
    This not Copper

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Still don't get why they eliminated the Norway chair. That was an alternative on busy days to the Lanawee. I guess manpower.
    The mountain looks much better without it there, so there’s that.

A Basin leaving Epic Pass

ABasin changes their uphill policy...$30 annual uphill pass.

Too bad their route is boring. It would be cool if they turned their new downhill biking trail into an uphill route in the winter. Or the Argentine Fork trail...way more interesting than the side of High Noon.

free for pass holders

Abasin was absolute shitshow today starting at 2PM with $20 ticket. 20+ minutes lift lines and no single line
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Abasin was absolute shitshow today starting at 2PM with $20 ticket. 20+ minutes lift lines and no single line
    Good.

Except the lack of singles line...

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Good beta. Was considering coming up next week but not worth it to wait in a line for 3 runs.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Good beta. Was considering coming up next week but not worth it to wait in a line for 3 runs.
    Might not be the same next week, Loveland will be open as well as eldora. Also might not be fresh snow (or the appearance of possible fresh snow).

Edit: looks like Loveland opened today? Well, nevermind, it'll probably suck next week too.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Keystone had North Peak open and no lines, so much more vert, but you had to do the Gondola shuffle.

Loveland was open

Also many people skiing Loveland Pass

Abasin had many Ikoners there skiing $20 2-hr ticket instead of using an Ikon day... so maybe not a win for AB? But AB made plenty of F&B $.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

No lift lines at loveland this weekend. A Basin looked kind of like a shitshow from the cams. Last week at A Basin $20 Friday rocked with no lines.

Jordan

I'll be up there tomorrow: Neon yellow jacket + blue pants = photo slut.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    No lift lines at loveland this weekend. A Basin looked kind of like a shitshow from the cams. Last week at A Basin $20 Friday rocked with no lines.

Jordan
    A-Basin maze filled by 10ish on Saturday. Asked the lifty if he was seeing many Ikon passes and his response was "yeah, a ton".

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    A-Basin maze filled by 10ish on Saturday. Asked the lifty if he was seeing many Ikon passes and his response was "yeah, a ton".

Use those days up early, boys and girls!!

^^^ No kidding.

I'm Ikonic, but no way am I wasting one of my five days for WROD.
    I am however wasting $47 dollars (let's say $37 + a powder skirt instead).
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

A Basin leaving Epic Pass

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    That’s great to hear. Tear up that 800’ vert of WROD Ikonic gapes! Tomorrow gunna be huuuge. Use another day up!

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post

Jordan
    I was at ABasin on Sun, it was far from shitshow status......maybe waited 5 minutes a few times. Still leap years better than the Epic days. But yeah, rode the lift with plenty of Ikoners....use up those days!
    Old's Cool.

They are just using their days since it is open. They'll just go ski the other places later and not think twice. To them, skiing likely means lines anyway so they really are unaffected.
    But yeah, should play nicely later in winter.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    They are just using their days since it is open. They'll just go ski the other places later and not think twice. To them, skiing likely means lines anyway so they really are unaffected.
    But yeah, should play nicely later in winter.
    Enticing Ikoners to ride the WROD in October is working out well.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    ^^^ No kidding.

I'm Ikonic, but no way am I wasting one of my five days for WROD.
    I am however wasting $47 dollars (let's say $37 + a powder skirt instead).
    $10 powder skirt sounds like a hell of a deal. With all the powder skirt drama around here you’d think they are going for 10x

Live in the boat so had no choice but to buy Ikon. I’m not dumb though, saving my ABasin days for when it counts.

Some numbers from Al for the season so far. Sounds like spring is picking up, which is to be expected. Weekdays and Sundays have been magical, Saturdays manageable.

State of the Basin - Numbers and Comments
    A year ago we started on a journey to change things up at Arapahoe Basin. While our actions had many objectives, two of those objectives really stand out. First, we wanted to reduce crowding, hosting 20% fewer skiers in 2019-20 than we did in 2018-19. Second, by reducing the crowding, we wanted to offer a much higher quality guest experience.

By every measure, we have improved the guest experience. Both face to face interaction and survey data tell us that people clearly are having a better time this season.

Regarding guest visitation, it has been a story of two seasons. We were slow from opening through MLK weekend. Starting on MLK Monday, visitation has picked up substantially, but still much less than last season. Here are the facts.

Season To Date (STD) skiers through January 2020 were 39% less than STD skiers through January 2019.

STD skiers through February 2020 were 35% less than STD skiers through February 2019.

Month To Date (MTD) skiers in February 2020 were 20% less than MTD skiers in February 2019, almost exactly what we planned and budgeted for that month.

STD Ikon and Mountain Collective skiers through February 2020 were 69% less than Epic skiers through February 2019.

MTD Ikon and Mountain Collective skiers in February were 51% less than Epic Skiers in February 2019.

Visitation from Ikon and Mountain Collective has been much less than visitation from Epic.

Looking at individual days, we have been open for 142 days through February this season. Only 6 of those 142 days were busier this season than last. A notable day was Saturday, February 22. It was our busiest day of the season so far. Last season there were 6 days busier than that Saturday.

Since MLK Day, weekends have definitely picked up. Sundays are still very pleasant with only one day needing overflow parking. Saturdays have been busier requiring overflow parking all days except MLK Saturday (Ikon was blacked out).

We certainly have influence in shaping how business flows for the season. Individual days are sometimes very hard to manage to. Often the biggest days are driven by very short term weather events. Saturday, February 22 was a near perfect, warm bluebird day with great skiing. Those are the kind of days when everyone wants to go skiing. The flip side of Saturday was three days later Tuesday, February 25. The temperature never got above 0 F. It was cold and bitter and very, very slow. Would I have liked to transfer 800 of Saturday's skiers to Tuesday? Of course the answer is yes, but that is not really possible. People ski more when the weather is favorable and they ski more when they have free time on weekends, especially Saturdays.

Even though weekends this year are much slower than last year, I still suggest arriving early or late. Avoid late morning arrivals. Carpool. Ride the Summit Stage. With just a little pre-planning, it is very easy to avoid the busier times.

Looking forward, if March, April and May could be similar to February we would be ecstatic. We have some work to do early season. Next Fall we will be generating some new products and promotions to help the early season pick up.

This season is nothing like last season. The numbers speak for themselves. The experience is way up. The skier days are way down. Ikon, Mountain Collective, Taos and Monarch are great partners. We aren't quite where we want to be yet, but we are heading in the right direction. It has been an awesome season and Spring looks very promising.

I look forward to your comments.

Pretty amazing reading something by a manager actually celebrating reduced ski visits.