Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    The only thing the "8 days" thing means is that they are negotiating with IKON. They could also be negotiating with Mountain Collective, or Powder Alliance, or all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    The only thing the "8 days" thing means is that they are negotiating with IKON. They could also be negotiating with Mountain Collective, or Powder Alliance, or all of the above.
    It also means that they won't be IKON unlimited, which is very nice IMHO.

At the end of the day, they'll have to do something, because they are still beholden to make a profit for the parent company.

Half the main parking lot is closed right now, looks like they are trying to dig to China. Maybe they'll team up with a Chinese resort.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    ugh,

I stand corrected. It sure looks like Ikon. If the issue really was about overcrowding and parking, this makes no sense.
    As it’s been stated I don’t think the midwinter days will be nearly as bad with the ikon 5-7 day model. Late April and May powder days will still be a shitshow.

A lot fewer Ikonic employee passes skiin Abasin than Epic employee passes
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Damn. Ikon 5/7 for sure. I guess it is still better than the shitshow that comes with current Gapic alignment. Even if I had known about this earlier, I still would have pulled the trigger as 7 days isn't nearly enough, don't care about Copper/Wanker Park, and 2 adult + 2 kid A-Basin passes is nearly the same $ as 1 adult Ikon.

Wonder how many will switch from Epic to Ikon over this. Epic crowds were a little less Epic this year already considering the Ikon bleed.

The crowds at the Basin have not been bad at all this year. I for one, welcome our IKONic overlords. Even w/ Epic, the new lift/terrain has really helped spread people out. We will see how spring goes though, at least Breck is staying open longer.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    The crowds at the Basin have not been bad at all this year. I for one, welcome our IKONic overlords. Even w/ Epic, the new lift/terrain has really helped spread people out. We will see how spring goes though, at least Breck is staying open longer.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I wonder if Powder Alliance allows participation in other big passes...I've noticed no resorts on it are on other mega passes. Obviously there is MC / Ikon overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Agree.
    Don't you both get to ski a good bit midweek?
    Last edited by doebedoe; 04-11-2019 at 01:54 PM.

While I typically tried to avoid skiing on Saturdays, the ones I did hit had traffic backed up and lots filled by 9ish. Saturdays are pretty much a shitshow anywhere I guess so no surprise there. But yes, the new terrain did help. Never saw much of a line for Pali and it doesn't get tracked nearly as fast with folks beelining for the Beavers.

I do expect that holiday periods when Ikon base is blacked out will likely be a lot less crowded than previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    While I typically tried to avoid skiing on Saturdays, the ones I did hit had traffic backed up and lots filled by 9ish. Saturdays are pretty much a shitshow anywhere I guess so no surprise there. But yes, the new terrain did help. Never saw much of a line for Pali and it doesn't get tracked nearly as fast with folks beelining for the Beavers.

I do expect that holiday periods when Ikon base is blacked out will likely be a lot less crowded than previous years.
    Oh, I didn't say parking was better. Parking is still shitty as ever. But once you are on the hill, you are usually pretty good.

Last day for ikon before it goes up. Someone posted this from the bottom of their lift today? Any word?
    Name:  wzhnr3gmm1u21.jpg
Views: 912
Size:  45.1 KB

I heard that Al got cold feet and decided to go back on the Epic. No refunds to those who already bought Abasin only passes though. Harsh!

I heard that Al is doing a pass with Ski Granby Ranch and Ski Dubai.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Last day for ikon before it goes up. Someone posted this from the bottom of their lift today? Any word?
    Name:  wzhnr3gmm1u21.jpg
Views: 912
Size:  45.1 KB
    More employee shenanigans. I hear they’re teaming up with Jackson Hole and giving Ikon a big middle finger.

I heard they were teaming up with Killington.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

So what are the chances they go limited IKON next year?

Do you understand derivatives?

I was told they are teaming up with Winter Park, but only for bike season.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Now that's something I could be down with.

I heard that they are going to offer a premium "Black pass" that will allow you to board the lift 1 hour early, and skip the lines all day. Also, you get a permanently reserved beach spot with your name on it.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    LULZ

I’m sitting in the Il Refugio at ABasin and heard they’re going to build the Loveland Pass Express, with access to The Prof and Loveland.

Word on the street is the new found partnership with Ikon will enable funds for a highspeed quad to be installed in place of the Pallavicini chair and RFID scanners at the base of each lift, including pass scanning in the 'zuma bowl, the beavers chair, and lenawee lift. Psyched for the 2019-2020 season after some much needed upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I heard they were teaming up with Killington.
    Well, from my perspective, that would be great.

So, just got a first person report from my buddy who lives there. I know, yesterday afternoon was officially opening day, but that was just a fast reaction to Keystone announcing their opening today. You have to hand it to them for sticking it to Vail Corp. like that. My bud wasn't even considering going today, because, you know, Saturday opening day. Last year's opening day was ridiculous, and that was a weekday. But, he checked the cam, and there was maybe twenty people there, he said, so he got up there to do a few runs on the death ribbon and got a mug. Skied straight up to the chair at noon.

So, there ya go. If you have an Abasin pass, looks like it's going to be a good year for crowds. Lucky you.