Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    So, the hinterlands?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Careful, next time you go there, they could be on the Taco Pass and the line will be around the block.

PSSSH! 30 mini tacos = 3 actual tacos.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    So, the hinterlands?
    For you folks up in Wyoming... yeah, it's pretty much down here in New Mexico.

Went to the los chingones in New mexico (DTC) a couple weeks ago. Good tacos.

Didn't basin switch to full frillz white tablecloth italian dining? Do they even taco?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    I thought that was because of the hip and trendy taco nickname for a vagina.
    When was that invented? Heard it a long time ago but didn't go ikon for a while.
    We named a line in Jackson just skiers right of Zero G "The Pink taco" 20 years ago. I'm not sure where we got it from but it can't be very new.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    So, the hinterlands?
    near the beavers

A Basin leaving Epic Pass

Taco place by me is doing 1 dollar street tacos all day all week. Normally it’s happy hour and Tuesday’s. Keep Jefes off of the TACOKON!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57474215742__F54E586E-A392-445A-90CC-6BCFF9284F65.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	210.6 KB 
ID:	275156

And, yes, I took a bite, not Jefe. Two sofritas an al pastor and an asada. Going back tonight!! It’s all part of my seven days of tacos plan, day four.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Didn't basin switch to full frillz white tablecloth italian dining? Do they even taco?
    Hey pal, this ain't the IKON thread, keep that Euro-trash food talk outta here. But yeah, Abasin put in a fancy charcuterie and vino restaurant on top of the mountain. I'll say that it is pretty interesting, but since they don't serve PBR anymore, they are missing their target demographic by a mile.

Back in the day we had to pocket tortillas from a buffet and bring them to BML, order the Q and make our own tacos. Now with all the epic pussies, looks like you can just buy tacos from a trailer at the base. Soft.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Mil/veteran passes for 19/20 are an absolute screaming deal. If you have any veteran friends let them know. $129 gets you all the perks of a full season A basin pass. THE best deal in the game for front range skiing that I know of.

Personally, Abasin threw a monkey wrench in my plans...

Before this season I've done Epic Local and Loveland for as long as that was a thing and that cost about $1000 last season. That got me 11 CO mountains which had 4 of the 5 I really wanted (no Copper).

This year did Epic Local and Ikon Base... 16 CO mountains and a ton out of state... all I wanted except Loveland, but too much pass really... didn't get my $1300 out of it in terms of diversity of destination.

I'd like to have 5 mountains: Abasin, CB, Loveland, Copper, Vail... but now that is 4 passes to get those 5 mountains... and I need 3 passes to only miss 1 of my 5.

Next year I'll probably do Abasin pass, Keystone+ pass, Loveland 4pack... $937 gets me limited access to 5 CO mountains but only 3 of the 5 I want... my access was significantly better/cheaper last season than it will be next season.

Maybe I can scrounge some Copper comps, but I won't get to ski EV without throwing another $240 at it. Maybe I could get Epic Local again just in case everyone does the Abasin pass (or specifically all the folks who are likely to be at abasin all the time and ski the best lines will still buy the pass) and its a shitshow as bad or worse than now for the stuff that I care about which isn't low angle Zuma/Beavers...
    Last edited by Summit; 04-02-2019 at 11:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLanTheman View Post
    Mil/veteran passes for 19/20 are an absolute screaming deal. If you have any veteran friends let them know. $129 gets you all the perks of a full season A basin pass. THE best deal in the game for front range skiing that I know of.
    Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't trcking this deal and prices go to $199 May 1st (still a steal).

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

Before this season I've done Epic Local and Loveland for as long as that was a thing and that cost about $1000 last season. That got me 11 CO mountains which had 4 of the 5 I really wanted (no Copper).

This year did Epic Local and Ikon Base... 16 CO mountains and a ton out of state... all I wanted except Loveland, but too much pass really... didn't get my $1300 out of it in terms of diversity of destination.

I'd like to have 5 mountains: Abasin, CB, Loveland, Copper, Vail... but now that is 4 passes to get those 5 mountains... and I need 3 passes to only miss 1 of my 5.

Next year I'll probably do Abasin pass, Keystone+ pass, Loveland 4pack... $937 gets me limited access to 5 CO mountains but only 3 of the 5 I want... my access was significantly better/cheaper last season than it will be next season.

Maybe I can scrounge some Copper comps, but I won't get to ski EV without throwing another $240 at it. Maybe I could get Epic Local again just in case everyone does the Abasin pass (or specifically all the folks who are likely to be at abasin all the time and ski the best lines will still buy the pass) and its a shitshow as bad or worse than now for the stuff that I care about which isn't low angle Zuma/Beavers...
    Name:  PeacefulDizzyElver-small.gif
Views: 557
Size:  113.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

I don’t think it’s ever been a shitshow on the harder terrain there, but maybe I’m missing it on days I go. The only shitshow I see is parking and the BME.

I would imagine it's even less of a shitshow with the Beavers spreading people out more.

All things are relative

There will be other mountain options with it. Some may still just go solo with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    There will be other mountain options with it. Some may still just go solo with it.
    Not this year...

Possibly. It would be interesting to see the traffic with a solo year and how it shakes things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I would imagine Beavers spreading.
    Yeah, you would, perv.

I could roll w/ Abasin only, they will still have Taos days.

Per their contract, they can't announce any partnerships until a later date. Rumors are going around, but who knows what'll actually happen. I'm just enjoying this season and I'll worry about this crap later. Skied great last few days and place was empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I would imagine it's even less of a shitshow with the Beavers spreading people out more.
    It has been when I’ve been there this year. The Beavers have been quiet along with Pali and the Gullies. But I don’t ski weekends there.

If I had a healthy hamstring, I'd be out there right now. Love April at ABasin.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

$499 right meow for the rest of this season and next. Not a bad deal.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    $499 right meow for the rest of this season and next. Not a bad deal.
    Any recent rumblings about joining Ikon next season?