Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Loveland is an hour from Denver. ABasin 15 mins longer, over the pass (without traffic). Most of the I70 shitshow can be avoided if you’re smart and have some flexibility and ski weekdays. People definitely do ski leases in Summit County, but day trips are easy enough during the week and more of a pain on weekends. Tens of thousands do it and that’s why the traffic sucks.
    Makes sense. I guess I did not know Abasin was THAT close to Loveland. I thought Loveland was something like 45 minutes and Abasin closer to 2 hours.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    If you're buying, I definitely will.
    but of course

It was a mere 13 years ago when maggots gathered, parked, and camped for free in the last chance lot doing all sorts of things what would make a Bobby Invitational seem like a preschool birthday party.

Cue All in the Family.

Abasin will get on the IKON Pass next year. Trust me. Going from $10-$15 per Epic Pass visit to let's just say $30 per visit would make a MASSIVE financial gain for Abasin.

Abasin could even join IKON as a partner resort and limit the days to 5 days or 7 days depending on pass. Or Abasin could be special and have 10 or 15 days on the IKON.

Abasin has been on a multi-year agreement with Vail Resorts and really has not been getting a market rate cut of the Epic Pass visitor.

------

I bet ABasin has done the math -- they know the average visits per year by Epic Pass holder, then they'll work with IKON Pass to figure out what a 7 day max visit at $X will meet/exceed previous years Epic Pass income.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Or Abasin could be special and have 10 or 15 days on the IKON.
    This is what I'd put my money on. Hopefully it is reciprocal for AB pass holders.

Abasin will get on the IKON Pass next year. Trust me.
    Are you willing to bet on this?

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    This is what I'd put my money on. Hopefully it is reciprocal for AB pass holders.

No, not willing to bet, but insider people with knowledge of the situation, seem to indicate IKON.

Basically, Abasin can address the overcrowding problem AND make more money by joining IKON Pass next year. It's going to come down to how many days a pass holder is granted at Abasin and per visit $$$ cut per visit.

I think Abasin is saying coming months because they'll probably want to wait and see a season ending skier visit report from Alterra. This is the first season of IKON pass, so makes sense for Abasin to wait until they can get some numbers.

No, not willing to bet, but insider people with knowledge of the situation, seem to indicate IKON.
    I know the VD is not known for it's crack reporting, but did you read the article I linked to above?:

https://www.vaildaily.com/news/arapa...oin-ikon-pass/

I know the VD is not known for it's crack reporting, but did you read the article I linked to above?:

https://www.vaildaily.com/news/arapa...oin-ikon-pass/
    Yeah man, Vail Daily has no quote or any fucking intel on "unlikely to join ikon pass". They are just reading in to the press release that talks about parking. All the Vail Daily is assuming is another free-for-all Epic Pass to IKON Pass replacement of unlimited use. Also, we already know that more Epic Passes are sold in Colorado than IKON Passes, so the premise of having the same amount of visitors doesn't fly.

It just seems to me that Al is level-headed enough to want to take at least a year off of any affiliation and see how A-Basin shakes out on its own in terms of parking and skier pressure.

I am willing to bet on that.

It just seems to me that Al is level-headed enough to want to take at least a year off of any affiliation and see how A-Basin shakes out on its own in terms of parking and skier pressure.

That's also a good bet! One year off, maybe a few.

Repeated speculation/discussion on this forum about resorts receiving kickbacks for skier visits/runs, etc. Sorry, not sorry. Anybody have documented knowledge of this being true?? My thought is that we still don't know how the hell these agreements are working

It would be cool if they went IKON midweek, with a few weekend days.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    Sorry, not sorry. Anybody have documented knowledge of this being true?? My thought
    Fuck off jong

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Fuck off jong
    Haven't seen a good one of those in awhile. I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Makes sense. I guess I did not know Abasin was THAT close to Loveland. I thought Loveland was something like 45 minutes and Abasin closer to 2 hours.
    As the crow flies, they are separated by maybe 4-5 miles?

Repeated speculation/discussion on this forum about resorts receiving kickbacks for skier visits/runs, etc. Sorry, not sorry. Anybody have documented knowledge of this being true?? My thought is that we still don't know how the hell these agreements are working
    What makes you think that no one here is knowledgeable? or at the very least knows someone who is knowledgeable?

Resorts receiving "kick backs"? Yeah dude, what do you think Abasin has been getting from Vail Resorts this whole time? What do you think Sun Valley/Snowbasin expect to receive every time an Epic Pass holder visits next season?

What do you think Sun Valley/Snowbasin expect to receive every time an Epic Pass holder visits next season?
    A reach around.

LOL

It is just common knowledge. Vail is a public company, use the google.

Man, Arapahoe Basin sounds so hawt right now.

They could take a year and try out different pass options to see what works and what doesn't. April 1 to closing day pass, 10, 20 day mini pass, weekend only pass, shared pass w/ LL & Monarch, etc. Alot of ways to skin that cat.

It was a mere 13 years ago when maggots gathered, parked, and camped for free in the last chance lot doing all sorts of things what would make a Bobby Invitational seem like a preschool birthday party.

Cue All in the Family.
    Old's Cool.

^good times... and flaming axes
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.