Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 424
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    16,620
    lol...

  2. #77
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Posts
    12,727
    When the fuck did this A-bay shit start? When I was skiing Summit from 03-09 I never ever even once heard the term "A-bay".

    Makes me want to seppuku with my own ski pole.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    5,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    When the fuck did this A-bay shit start? When I was skiing Summit from 03-09 I never ever even once heard the term "A-bay".

    Makes me want to seppuku with my own ski pole.
    About the same time "FoCo" "BoCo" and "RiNo" started.


  4. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    22,780
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    When asked if Epic Pass holders have been good spenders, “that’s a good question,” Henceroth responded. “I don’t know if I really know the answer to that.”
    WTF? I hope that he just doesn't want to say, because seems like that is info you should have, especially before making a decision like this.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    SLCizzy
    Posts
    2,758
    Jerry flying in from San Fran to ski the pow pow at A-Bay


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    13,073
    This surprised me. I had no idea the numbers were that high:

    "Vail sold 825,000 Epic Passes for this 2018-19 ski season".

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    is everything
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    This surprised me. I had no idea the numbers were that high:

    "Vail sold 825,000 Epic Passes for this 2018-19 ski season".
    Oh really?Name:  fthatvail.jpg
Views: 1124
Size:  46.4 KB

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    5,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil E View Post
    Oh really?Name:  fthatvail.jpg
Views: 1124
Size:  46.4 KB
    EPIC!

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    7,224
    This is still the most EPIC moment at that lift
    Name:  IMG_4531.JPG
Views: 507
Size:  104.0 KB

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    41,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    WTF? I hope that he just doesn't want to say, because seems like that is info you should have, especially before making a decision like this.
    How would he know? They can easily count chair usage, but, otherwise? It's not as though they have a big marketing department.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    13,073
    Perhaps by sorting credit card billing addresses by zip code and plotting them on a map?

    Doesn't seem that hard.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gaperville, CO
    Posts
    4,064
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Perhaps by sorting credit card billing addresses by zip code and plotting them on a map?

    Doesn't seem that hard.
    That's simple. How do you know if they are epic pass-ers or not though? Its not like Vail where you get discounts on food/bev when you scan your pass.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    That's simple. How do you know if they are epic pass-ers or not though? Its not like Vail where you get discounts on food/bev when you scan your pass.
    I didn't know Vail did that.

    Can't you just correlate ticket scans with food/bev sales?

    Doesn't seem that hard.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gaperville, CO
    Posts
    4,064
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I didn't know Vail did that.

    Can't you just correlate ticket scans with food/bev sales?

    Doesn't seem that hard.
    Unless they are happening at the same point (i.e. scan your pass before pay for a discount), no. There is too much noise and too much volume.

    I'm sure working up a basic model of an average spender isn't hard. The question is whether "epic" pass people differ systematically and therefore what the effects are going to be. My guess is that the Epic pass holding spending distribution is pretty broad with lots of ballers and lots of dirtbags. Probably to the point that talking about them as a separate type of spender at Abasin isn't very meaningful.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    13,073
    I also cannot say that I've ever met a baller at the Legend.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gaperville, CO
    Posts
    4,064
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I also cannot say that I've ever met a baller at the Legend.
    It's all relative. Ballin at Abasin is they drink multiple bloodies multiple times a week, eat food in the 6th and that new fancy place up top.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    13,073
    I still don't understand why you couldn't track over the course of a couple months epic passes scanned and food/bev sold?

    10 epics and 15 Abasin passes on Monday and we did 100.
    20 epics on Tuesday and we did 300, etc.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gaperville, CO
    Posts
    4,064
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I still don't understand why you couldn't track over the course of a couple months epic passes scanned and food/bev sold?

    10 epics and 15 Abasin passes on Monday and we did 100.
    20 epics on Tuesday and we did 300, etc.
    Oh gotcha, I thought you were talking about individual level preferences.

    Yes -- if they get changing ratios of the course of the week this could work. But then you've got to control for differences in weekday vs weekend skiers as well.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Oh gotcha, I thought you were talking about individual level preferences.

    Yes -- if they get changing ratios of the course of the week this could work. But then you've got to control for differences in weekday vs weekend skiers as well.
    Shouldn't matter because you always know the mix of skiers on the hill.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,549
    Okay, but seriously, which Basin is leaving Epic Pass?
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    13,073
    The washbasin.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    tree OH TREE!!!!!
    Posts
    3,382
    beach needs to get back to the beach.......

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,756
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    WTF? I hope that he just doesn't want to say, because seems like that is info you should have, especially before making a decision like this.
    Purely political. Doesn't want to say, and if he did it would be whatever he wanted to say, because who's going to prove him wrong?

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8,779
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I also cannot say that I've ever met a baller at the Legend.
    Hit me up next time you are in town.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Hit me up next time you are in town.
    If you're buying, I definitely will.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •