Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    They will probably do better without being on the Epic Pass. Group shares on passes like that may actually end up costing them a little bit of money, but end up making more money on other things like food.

It certainly will help with the weekend parking situation there.

A few days between LL and ABasin makes sense to me. Unlimited doesn't. How would Loveland handle the volume if every time the pass is closed every westbound passholder gets funneled straight into their lot? They're at or near capacity every weekend/pow day already.

If they're switching to Ikon or something similar, the overcrowding and shit parking comment is a pretty harsh, and accurate, burn at VR.

A-basin, loveland would be a sick pass for Front Rangers. Traffic through the tunnel would plummet.

This sucks for we Eagle County skiers, to lose a bad ass mountain with CO's longest season.

MTN closed at $207 on Friday, closed today for Prez Day. Falls off a cliff tomorrow, or our puppet overlords knew about this 12/7/18?

I'm guessing a combo AB/Sundown Mountain pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    Traffic through the tunnel would plummet.
    Not likely.

#1 benefit, will be no longer waiting behind Epic passers who can't understand why they can't get scanned through their jackets then cry about it.

#2 will be that hopefully third season (the time after all other resorts are closed) might return to some semblance of normalcy rather than the complete shitshow it has become over the last decade.

I wonder if they'll still tell people to shuttle up from Keystone parking, which from what I hear, might be pay parking next season.

Also, I wonder if they'll sell parking passes to Early Riser lot? I'd pay a moderate amount to be ensured a spot, especially on weekends.

Wooooohooooo!!!!

So I'm expecting Ikon to be launched for 19-20 without AB, and then AB sees what kind of a sweetheart deal it can get from Alterra, and if it's good enough they join. If not, they go free agent for a year and try to make a better deal next year - or go Powder Alliance for a year or two.

So we will have to buy Ikon at discounted rates prior to March 5th, and then wait and find out if we hit the AB lottery later on.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    #2 will be that hopefully third season (the time after all other resorts are closed) might return to some semblance of normalcy rather than the complete shitshow it has become over the last decade.
    ^^^ this ^^^. The whole vibe has been getting more and more Vail-like starting each Spring as Vail/BC/Breck closes.
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 02-18-2019 at 03:07 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

It looks like Vail is putting a ton of money into Keystone snowmaking to have them compete with Asbain/Loveland for early season. No idea how they'll pull that off being so much lower in elevation. Additionally the Keystone pass next year will include Breckenridge after April 1st and a few days at CB.

I'd happily pay for an ABasin pass if it meant access to a not over crowded lift access skiing on the weekend.

I wonder if they'll still tell people to shuttle up from Keystone parking, which from what I hear, might be pay parking next season.
    I believe it is confirmed that the main lot near the gondola and village, or whatever they call it, will be a pay lot.

Buh bye Vail Resorts. I go where ABasin goes.

VR's answer to this is The "Keystone Plus Pass"
    https://opensnow.com/news/post/vail-...HumHjoiX0UBqjA

Unlimited Keystone, 5 CB, and Breck after 4/1. $369. talk a big pile of meh.

Also, I wonder what happens if you buy the Double Down AB pass now. Still get the rest of this season, and all of next season for $599. This could be a good way to hedge some bets that they join forces with other ski areas and get in for cheap.

I used to support a LL/AB pass, but I think paying an extra $250-300 for both passes is worth the reduction in crowds that not having a joint pass would bring to both resorts. An AB/LL pass would likely compete well with epic/ikon. End result is that Loveland would be much more crowded than it is now and A basin would only be a little less crowded than they were with epic. Reciprocity days would be sweet though!

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    They don't need parking. Just wake up earlier or don't go on the weekends.
    That's a great plan till a month long stretch in mid season with weekend only storms, which has happened in recent memory. Still fun skiing hardpack, but bittersweet missing the pow when there actually is some a few days away.

Although I've lamented parking before, it's a no brainer that the mountain gets tracked out way faster than it did even 5 years ago let alone 10. So that's a much bigger concern to me than the parking, since I'm a first chair kind of guy.

Glad I took a break this year from them. Having lots of fun elsewhere with the change of scenery and elbow room.

Stoked. Stay solo please. Make it a $500 season pass. Needs to be higher price than Loveland because well it is simply better skiing. Same amenities and vibe in general.

So what was AB's cut per Epic pass visit? They've had to have run the numbers of what they'll lose from Epic and what they'll gain from that % of Epic holders that will now buy AB passes and tickets. Less visitor days but higher ave. revenue.

VR's answer to this is The "Keystone Plus Pass"
    https://opensnow.com/news/post/vail-...HumHjoiX0UBqjA

Unlimited Keystone, 5 CB, and Breck after 4/1. $369. talk a big pile of meh.

Also, I wonder what happens if you buy the Double Down AB pass now. Still get the rest of this season, and all of next season for $599. This could be a good way to hedge some bets that they join forces with other ski areas and get in for cheap.
    That's actually not a bad deal for the 5 CB days and late season Breck. Fuck keystone, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    So what was AB's cut per Epic pass visit? They've had to have run the numbers of what they'll lose from Epic and what they'll gain from that % of Epic holders that will now buy AB passes and tickets. Less visitor days but higher ave. revenue.
    I heard that their cut was $10 per skier day on the epic pass.

I think having a "Loveland Pass" pass would be cool, I'm not sure if Loveland could really get much busier as their limiting factor is the same as Abasin... parking. Personally I could see getting an Abasin or LL Pass joint pass along with mountain collective or Ikon for travel days.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    I don't expect this to make that much of a difference in visitation. People have been foaming at the mouth for years over the idea of an independent A-Basin. They'll have no issue filling parking spaces.
    Maggots have been foaming at the mouth.
    I would guess a large percent of the people making Wednesday powder days seem like Firday/Saturdays are visitors staying in dillon, and then they wake up and see basin is only 7 more miles and reported double the snow of keystone. Having it on the same pass, sure why not let's roll up to the core locals mountain. When the rubber meets the road I predict a lot of those people will not buy the additional pass. Could be wrong, but obv that's at least part of what is on Henceforth's mind? I'm sure he has had several stats people crunching this for the last few years.

This is great news. Can't say I'm super excited about purchasing 2 season passes now, but if it keeps crowds down I'M ALL FOR IT.
    Old's Cool.

So Breck staying open longer is the test run to be the late season option for our Epicness?
    Good news for the AB regs, but bummed for people like me. Don't cry for me Argentina.

This may be decent for the basin. Imagine every franger who loves a bay, then imagine where their families are from (California, texas, new England, Illinois, etc). Their friends/fam likely already have an epic pass for their home resorts, but they'll wanna ski with their franger friends and fam and good news! They can get you 10% off a day pass with their a basin pass. As opposed to the blip they get when an epic is scanned.

Big maybe, I'm sure they have all the logistics. Any sunday I'm there making pali laps it seriously seems >50% of the people I share a chair with are visiting family in denver from out of state.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLanTheman View Post
    Imagine every franger who loves a bay, then imagine where their families are from (California, texas, new England, Illinois, etc).
    “The definition of a bay is a large body of water connected to an ocean or sea formed by an inlet of land.”

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLanTheman View Post
    This may be decent for the basin. Imagine every franger who loves a bay, then imagine where their families are from (California, texas, new England, Illinois, etc). Their friends/fam likely already have an epic pass for their home resorts, but they'll wanna ski with their franger friends and fam and good news! They can get you 10% off a day pass with their a basin pass. As opposed to the blip they get when an epic is scanned.

Big maybe, I'm sure they have all the logistics. Any sunday I'm there making pali laps it seriously seems >50% of the people I share a chair with are visiting family in denver from out of state.
    What’s a bay?