Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Seems I only hate not skiing.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Seems I only hate not skiing.
    Boom!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnoe View Post
    Why?
    whooosh

3rd's on the Cham 107.

I've owned/skied quite a few similar skis and just never felt composed. Maybe I just needed some more meat on my skinny ass bones??

Hate is a strong word. I think my Blue House Districts were pre 2010. I wasn't a fan. Bought a pair of used OG Bros on gear swap that must of had a funky tune. I sold them immediately. I always liked Dynastar skis until I picked up a pair of Sultans. No where close to the ski they replaced. Usually I like most any ski, but those three stand out as disappointments.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Icelantic Nomads. or any Icelantic, really. hate them so much.
    Candide 3.0. Really any ski shaped like that with a soft flex.

surprised at the number of people not liking DPS Wailer 112's. Did you not ski them in powder?

Skis you HATED.. Recent edition, 2010 or newer.

I did. You could overpower the 112 and “fold” the tip up just by thinking about going fast. It’s a great ski if you wanted to make slow, C shaped turns across and not down the fall line

Rossi Phantom SC 108. Planky just more work than fun.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    I did. You could overpower the 112 and “fold” the tip up just by thinking about going fast. It’s a great ski if you wanted to make slow, C shaped turns across and not down the fall line
    interesting. I agree about the tip being soft in chop but in fresh pow I thought they were great. Granted I only rode them one day at Alta on 2' of fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Dps wailer 105. Harshest ski I've ever been on.

On3p kartel 108. Tails had a mind of their own.
    Same, except my bad DPS experience was the Wailer 112's. Hated them both in powder (hooky as hell if you tried to open them up at all since the tips just fold up) and on groomers. I've loved every ON3P ski I've been on prior but the Kartel 108's clearly were not for me.

I haven't skied a lot of different skis lately, but it's amazing the difference the mount point, stone grind, edge tune, etc, can make one THE SAME SKI.
    I don't think it even takes much to notice. The difference is black and white. Nevermind stance of the boot, skier, etc.

This all circles around to the saying.. "there are no bad skis, just bad skiers".. Or, "it's not the arrow, it's the...". Are the skis really terrible, or is the skier not versatile enough to adjust? Or, is the skier such a high level that they can detect minute differences as major differences? Personally, I've skied things I thought were mediocre but haven't come across anything I "hated". I get disappointed when I come to the realization that it's time to replace a pair I loved because they're skied out. I'll try to change up the tune on them 2-3 times before finally giving up that they're just floppy noodles at speed or chattering tipped no matter what I do with the tune.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by nomad_games View Post
    surprised at the number of people not liking DPS Wailer 112's. Did you not ski them in powder?
    Rode like an undercooked pancake - the worst. Needed tip weight at both ends. Virgin short turns was it's only zone.

Made me swear off any dentist type skis - cept kastle

was that snark drippin from da rafters - phucn dps lovers
    Last edited by Gepeto; 02-17-2019 at 09:53 PM. Reason: in case u needed a hint #27 #28
    ​I am not in your hurry

I hated the wren 108 yesterday. I think the tune was super wonky or something. Tails would not release but at the same time the ski felt squirrelly and unstable. Really bummed as on paper I thought it looked like a great ski.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I hated the wren 108 yesterday. I think the tune was super wonky or something. Tails would not release but at the same time the ski felt squirrelly and unstable. Really bummed as on paper I thought it looked like a great ski.
    Something must be off with the pair you're on, maybe a bad tune or more likely in need of a de-tune? Sure, the Wrens aren't for everyone but they most definitely aren't squirrelly and unstable. IMO they are literally on the opposite end of that spectrum.

Keep in mind that I de-tuned the shit out of those C&D's you're riding.

The disappointment level was 10/10 could not get them off my feet fast enough, basically ruined a run at BBI with the whole group for me. Could barely ski, skis seemed to have a mind of their own, hooking and grabbing on everything. They came from the demo fleet, I can’t believe ON3P would send paying customers out on a ski that felt like that. Really bummed as I like the billygoat, c&d, Kartel108 and wren 113.

Someone should send me a pair of wren 108 for testing purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    The disappointment level was 10/10 could not get them off my feet fast enough, basically ruined a run at BBI with the whole group for me. Could barely ski, skis seemed to have a mind of their own, hooking and grabbing on everything. They came from the demo fleet, I can’t believe ON3P would send paying customers out on a ski that felt like that. Really bummed as I like the billygoat, c&d, Kartel108 and wren 113.

I’ll chime in here too! Almost my exact thoughts from demoing a pair wrens on Friday. Tails were super locked in, would not release even in chopped up snow.

Then when tipped on edge the fucking tips would just rip me across the fall line.

Maybe the tune, maybe the skier but after 2 runs I was very happy get back into my goats.

Big ole disappointment!

Weird. Like, really weird. You guys should mention this to Scott in the thread.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

My favorite ski is the lp105, so it’s not like I don’t know how to handle a stiff long radius ski or something either

This is a really dumb thread that is making you all look like JONGS.

but at least I posted in it, whoops

og black diamond havocs too light too stiff too skinny. Fuck all that.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

W108 (17/18~189)- Caught me in the wheelhouse. Been dwelling to long and should have thrown this up in the 0N3P thread more than a few days back when mount point was being tossed around for this ski.

Can’t get happy feet. Thought I would have settled in easier. Especially with some mags talking about it being good right out of the wrapper. I really try and let a ski tell me what it wants to do instead of it adapting to me (1st ON3P).

Took a little bit to get the tail dialed. Abuse with a blunt instrument and I’ve come to like the behavior. Just wish there was more of it. Stiffer for 18/19 made sense.

Initial impressions where fighting it's go up hill on it's own, hooky as shit - more serious blunting helped tremendously.

I feel some dead weight/unused damp out front and the ski doesn’t initiate real easy - delivers some indecision forward at sub light speeds even in the deep and less than deadly accurate at warp. It hasn’t detuned away either.

Haven’t dropped inserts in yet and was thinking – move up some [+1] and hope it skis more lively – exacting, a touch quicker. Gaining more tail as bitched about will be nice too.
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Most black diamond skis (until they shifted production to Austria). Cheap construction, and either way too stiff or way too soft, and rarely went on sale despite being crap. Fuck all that.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    This all circles around to the saying.. "there are no bad skis, just bad skiers".. Or, "it's not the arrow, it's the...". Are the skis really terrible, or is the skier not versatile enough to adjust? Or, is the skier such a high level that they can detect minute differences as major differences? Personally, I've skied things I thought were mediocre but haven't come across anything I "hated". I get disappointed when I come to the realization that it's time to replace a pair I loved because they're skied out. I'll try to change up the tune on them 2-3 times before finally giving up that they're just floppy noodles at speed or chattering tipped no matter what I do with the tune.
    Usually it’s the archer bitching, but there are bent arrows, and arrows that work in one bow but not the other. Also, if you are 225 and 6’3” and Tom there is 5’ 5” and 140lbs, it’s very probable that if one of you loves a ski, the other will hate it. Even at different sizes.