RIP Kofi Burbridge

Hated to read this. He added so much to the Allmans, Tedeschi Trucks Band and many others.

In his brother Oteil's words from six years ago, "He’s never followed the path assigned to him. He’s been on another road that we couldn’t see and he’s still following it. Its a beautiful street to walk, bike or drive down if you have the time." link to full article

My sister was at the TTB concert last night, said then that it was "good, not great". When I saw this news and asked if that could have been the cause, she said that it absolutely was. This clip from last night's show is an example...

Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Damn, I’m not a big keyboard guy but he was perfection. Never overplayed , just right. Some favourite parts to more than a few TTB songs.
    RIP

Really sad. Good memories!

Bummer to hear, and a good example of all players making a band. TTB was soo so tight & talented. Glad I got to see them a bunch while he was around.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    thanks for that.
    I m not crying YOURE crying...

"I had an idea one day that I talked to Kofi about. I wanted to do a stage at a festival that was dedicated to brothers. The Wooten brothers, the Wood brothers, the Evans brothers, the Dickinson brothers, the Trucks brothers… you get the idea. And we weren’t going to leave out our sisters either. I hope somebody out there will do this in memory of Kofi and I hope that they call it the Kofi Burbridge Memorial Brothers and Sisters Stage. And I hope they will let me get up there even though my brother is gone. All of you musician brothers and sisters out there please play as many shows together as you can. You just never know how much time you have left together."