Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    managed to get the family some new skis and myself a pair of icelantic shamans from recycled sports in Frisco. We enjoyed a great few days of skiing. the staff at recycled was awesome and for that I’m grateful. In addition, thank you to all those here offering help for skis as well, you all are the salt of the earth. Peace!

The facebooks is reporting a rash of ski thefts from "locked" ski racks around Frisco in the last few.

That said, I'll keep my eyes open.

Shops have a master key that will work across a brand, at least we did when I worked at a place that was a Thule dealer.

Only way to ensure they don't get stolen is to tuck them in under the covers. Sorry that that happened. I got sick last season and forgot to bring my gear in (unlocked car in a nice neighborhood). Had a $300 coat taken. Sucks. Count your blessings. Could always be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Shops have a master key that will work across a brand, at least we did when I worked at a place that was a Thule dealer.
    Every replacement lock core kit comes with a skeleton key which will get in to most of the same brand. The lock core kit I bought to use the Thule box I got off craigslist cost less than $20.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Every replacement lock core kit comes with a skeleton key which will get in to most of the same brand. The lock core kit I bought to use the Thule box I got off craigslist cost less than $20.
    I haven’t experienced that. The Thule kit I recently installed had a key for inserting/removing the core into the housing, but the only key that locks/unlocks was the separate numbered key. The insertion key won’t unlock a core. The core kits are around that $15 range. Wouldn’t make sense to give every consumer a master. Though it sounds like every dealer has masters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Doesnt the cylinder have to be in the unlock position to affect removal with the gold key?

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Doesnt the cylinder have to be in the unlock position to affect removal with the gold key?
    Nope. Bought a Thule 21 on Craigslist for fifty bucks with no keys and locked. Ordered a $16.00 lock core kit and the blank key pulled the lock cores completely out so the box could be opened. Inside was a bike tray and some cross bars. Helluva deal for fifty bucks.

It could also be because my box is sooo damned OG. Perhaps the newer ones can't be saved from the lost key and locked problem by a $16 set of cores but it worked on this one..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!