Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Your TAXES

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    They call those deductions 'safe harbors' or something, it's not a red flag to get an audit. Or so I was told by my accountant.
    Yeah and being in Utah where a big chunk of people send 10% to god, it’d probably never be noticed. But in the unlikely chance I was audited, what would I need to provide?

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Yeah and being in Utah where a big chunk of people send 10% to god, it’d probably never be noticed. But in the unlikely chance I was audited, what would I need to provide?
    I dunno. Wear magic undies and a BYU shirt to the audit?

I’d rather pay the penalty

Our Controller worked for the IRS for years. Every thing I've brought up to him in the past and also hearing his stories, it's just not worth fucking with the IRS...ever.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Well thank God I bought my new nuke tax-free in Delaware, then.

They have an outlet store for everything in Delaware btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I buy mine right from the Iranians, but if that source dries up, Delaware it is. Good to know.
    I usually buy mine from the Libyans in the VW bus in the parking lot of the Twin Pines Mall.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    it's just not worth fucking with the IRS...ever.
    C'mon man, if you're not cheating you're not trying.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

IRS is the only entity that can take your house quicker than the bank can..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Maybe deep six my desire for a Sch. C and form a LLC? Looking to legally cheat.
    Absolutely under the current tax code. Actually, an LLC is fine under the Dems version as well, but of course so much depends on the nature of the business and income.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    C'mon man, if you're not cheating you're not trying.
    Heh. I fudged on my taxes a few times and got busted every time. Usually takes them two or three years, but that chicken always comes home to roost. Better to hire somebody to do your taxes and that saves you money. As my grandpa said, I want to pay all the taxes I owe, and not one dime more.

For donations to charity, I use the ItsDeductable part of TurboTax (in the donations section). It doesn't cost extra, and it values everything for you. Itemize everything and match it to your GoodWill receipts. I usually donate 5-7k...
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    Funny. I honestly thought I was turning 48 last year until my wife reminded me I was turning 47. I was like "I got an extra year to live!!!"
    Ha, last year my parents thought it was my 40th birthday, and told all the relatives that. Something seemed off but with everyone saying happy 40th I didn't question it much. But it definitely bummed me out, what happened to 39? Finally did some thorough finger counting and was relieved to confirm they were all wrong. Couldn't put it off this year though....

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Nukes-R-Us is right next to the Coach outlet so you can pick up some decent leather goods on the same trip.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I'm a partner at my company so 2/3's of my income is pass thru LLC distributions (just like dipshit Trump) so I'm pretty stoked this year. Bad for the country, though.
    I don't know shit especially money
    but my money guy was telling me I only made this much money last year, I was like no I made more than that for sure, then he says look at your w2
    then says something about pass through income and taxes
    shit doesn't make sense, I don't think I've filed taxes in twenty years, I don't know what one of those forms look like, its always best to pay someone to take care of that crap

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I usually buy mine from the Libyans in the VW bus in the parking lot of the Twin Pines Mall.
    That’d be Lone Pine Mall, you pine killer!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    See, this is why us dentists don't want to share very often. Maybe, just maybe, adjusting your withholding allows you to up your contribution to your 401k that gets matched by your employer. Maybe, Just maybe, it allows you to put $6k in your wife's IRA at the start of the year and you get S&P return on that $ for the year. it's not rocket surgery rube. a lot of nickels add up to a lot of money over time. Wanna laugh at us? that's fine. We're laughin too. all the way to the bank.
    This makes no sense.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    That’d be Lone Pine Mall, you pine killer!
    Great Scott!
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Did mine today. $2100 fed refunded. $500 state refunded. About $500 more than usual. New tax deduction works for me!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Did mine today. $2100 fed refunded. $500 state refunded. About $500 more than usual. New tax deduction works for me!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Why are you letting them keep 2k of your money until now? Change that up man.

Now that my 1099s are in, I'm looking at my taxes and I paid $1700 last year...no penalty...so that >1k penalty must have stipulations.

Got my taxes back from my accountant today. My effective tax rate went down 3.5%. Due to a great year, our wages had increased 20%. There was absolutely no reason for my tax rate to decrease. It should have increased or stayed the same.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    It sure was easier when I was sent multiple 1099's on pieces of tissue paper and taxes were done in pencil first. I feel for you guys. Can dentists still pay their 15 y o kid to clean the office for $50/wk? Wash the car for $30? I could go to dinner at a trade show with 6 other salesmen tell the waitress "Put it all on one check, and give everyone a copy." 100% deductible. Are sales samples you have to buy still deductible? I could deduct them and then sell them at a profit.
    Yup, the dentists kids can still make bank. I think it's like $8,500 under the new code. MODELS!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Got my taxes back from my accountant today. My effective tax rate went down 3.5%. Due to a great year, our wages had increased 20%. There was absolutely no reason for my tax rate to decrease. It should have increased or stayed the same.
    What’s your guys number?

My effective went up 1%. Earnings went up 3%. I like your numbers better.

Our fed taxes went down since we are a pass thru

Getting killed this year cuz they disco'd our breeder deductions. Hurts my heart as our effective rate used to be in the high single digits. But, really, watcha gonna do? They're gonna get you coming or they're gonna get you going but they're gonna get you either way...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

"We don't pay taxes; only the little people pay taxes"

leona helmsley

can't wait for someone to try to do my taxes so I can go buy a new bike april 16th, money bags won't let me buy anything until then
    I got audited once, probably get it again in the next year or two, it's like sticking crayons up your nose, thankfully I'm an idiot so all of that works to your advantage while getting audited
    took like a year and they kept wanting it to go faster, kept demanding I speed shit up, I was like bro, help me out
    my favortie line was always, "huh, really? that's weird"
    they put me in this hot room down in denver with three guys and kept fucking with me
    less than 1% of the population gets audited, and 5% of the population ends up in bed and the chick has a stick, I'm a pretty unlucky guy

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    What’s your guys number?
    More than Amazon, Netflix, GM, and most likely Trump and less than Patagonia.