Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

2019 Racing on Dirt

The 2018 thread started as World Cup, but kinda spread into assorted other races. So we might as well just lump all of that into one through for this year. World Cup DH, World Cup XC, EWS, Hardline, whatever.

Despite the fact that the first DH race isn't for over 2 months, Pinkbike's fantasy DH League is up again. I created a league called "TGR".

Wondering who the Amaury of this season will be. i.e., who's the guy that had ok results last season, but is a consistent podium contender this year. Maybe Moir or Iles can put something together? And there's still Shaw, who always seems close. Also wondering if Gwin and Minnaar can make more consistent showings this year and stay healthy.

It'll be interesting to see if doping allegations spread in the EWS. Could make things messy for everyone.

I'll be joining the PB league... in hopes of plundering all other mags.

I think Gwin will be very quick this year, as well as Minnaar and the whole SC gang. Tahnee will continue to give Rachel a good run, and hopefully can either pull out the overall or a worlds title. Kate Courtney will do well aboard scott, but will not dominate the women's field.

I have no clue about enduro, maybe Sam can continue to reign. It would be pretty neat to see Richie do well again, seems like he's had some poor race luck the past 2 seasons. I would love to see Yoann win a race, he sure is jacked enough to do so....

Can’t wait to see what shakes out and what new comers break into the spotlight! Stoked to see it all unfold...

You lost me at World Cup XC. Yawn!

Seriously though, first big taster race is coming up soon at Windrock. Should be a good-un'
    However many are in a shit ton.

Good plan lumping them. Keep it going a bit more. Couple months before the first ews. Daily and maes will be chomping at the bit. Hope Miranda makes an impact. Dh I want to see a bunch of girls push Rachel. Want to see Luca win at least one and maybe go on a roll and see Greenland get rowdy. Good courses this year. Was diggin the xc coverage. Tech was separating the players

made a TGR league for the Enduro fantasy. Should have a few more surprises than the DH league, in regards to available riders for cheap.

I joined the tgr dh league. Didn’t see the enduro league. I’ll have to try and remember

Turns out that I'm gonna be in Europe for Lenzerheide. Might have to see if I can get there to watch, although logistically that's looking to be tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Turns out that I'm gonna be in Europe for Lenzerheide. Might have to see if I can get there to watch, although logistically that's looking to be tricky.
    Lenzerheide is supposed to be one of the better tracks to spectate at. Hopefully you can make it happen, world cup in person is very impressive to watch.

I joined the TGR PB downhill league.... that is all.

Joined the ews league. Kinda tricky since I think a lot of the less expensive riders only do 1 or 2 races through the season. Makes it hard to fill out a roster of people that're actually going to be at any given race.

I ran a EWS fantasy league with some friends last season (just using spreadsheets...not easy but it kept me entertained) and while it was not surprising that blowing a lot of cash on Sam Hill ended up being a good move, other top-10 priced riders were much more variable due to injuries or mechanicals resulting in DNFs or DNSs. The nature of format really rewards riders who can ride at 90-95% the entire time, making sure to put down good times without putting themselves in a position where they start making mistakes and blow up on a stage or have a mechanical that takes them out of contention for the entire weekend.
    I also think some of the very budget priced riders will actually be good picks for some of the races where the locals tend to have an edge. I feel like the French riders really stepped it up at the Montagnes stop last year, for example.

13 hours to make a EWS team if you are interested...
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p5pb16993086.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	244.2 KB 
ID:	275484
    Season is shaping up for the Bulldog!

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Good start for the kiwis. Keegan was a force all week as well, or is he an aussie?
    Greenland and Brannigan runs are always a treat. Ultra loose. No idea how Laurie road that out

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Good start for the kiwis. Keegan was a force all week as well, or is he an aussie?
    Greenland and Brannigan runs are always a treat. Ultra loose. No idea how Laurie road that out

Keegan was impressive. I'm curious if he'll be able to keep it up outside of his home turf.

What happened with the Richie doping stuff?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    What happened with the Richie doping stuff?
    According to his Instagram he's chosen not to race (NZ + Tazmania) out of respect of the AFLD (French Anti-Doping Agency) and their investigation until they've come to a clear decision.

"Good luck to everyone racing in Rotorua today!! Especially my @yeticycles boys. —————— With the 2019 season kicking off today, I wanted to give you guys some details on why im not competing. Believe me, its killing me not being there!! Unfortunately, my case has not yet been reviewed by the AFLD. Though I remain optimistic about the outcome of my hearing, I have decided not to compete in the upcoming EWS events in Rotorua or Tasmania out of respect for the AFLD and their process. I appreciate everyone’s continued support and look forward to putting this period behind me and getting back into racing."

an-update-on-richie-rude-and-jared-graves-failed-drug-test-ews-france

Thanks for helping my lazy ass out.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Hill still not quite up to pace
    The answer to wheel size is apparently..... Yes.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

The answer to wheel size is apparently..... Yes.
    I think the answer to the wheel size debate for most people is 29", except when your sponsor doesn't make a long travel 29er then you make do with sticking a bigger wheel on the front.

Sammy's face looked green. Gotta suck having the flu at one race, then flying straight to another venue to race again the next weekend.
    Martin dominating, but seems like his successes will be as tainted as his WC win. Can't ignore that Sam is sick and that Richie is MIA.
    Same goes with Isabaeu. Super stoked to see her winning. But nobody thinks she'd be doing it if Cecile were there.
    Would be better to see both of them winning with strong competition present.

Do we have confirmation on whether this weekends ixs race will be on the actual WC track? I suspect that will have great bearing on who's racing.

I think u heard it's about 90% the same. From Mulally's podcast, he's doesn't agree with that(unfair advantage) but if the ixs is going to do that he wants to be there.