Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Fun looking course to just ride. Man they're good

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Bump. It's coming. Psyched for the season to get rolling, and hoping for a good field that's packed with podium contenders. Curious to see if Maes shows up in Maribor.

Men's is sooo hard to call. Absolutely packed field and pretty much all of them I'd like to see do well.
    I dont think Hill is going. He's playing on motos with the family as of yesterday

I imagine everyone's seen the latest cathrovision so I'll put this up

Last edited by grinch; 04-27-2019 at 02:15 AM.

Looks looks rain is a factor.

oof. Lots of big names that didn't qualify. When was the last time Minnaar was healthy but didn't make the main event?

I haven't followed WC DH very well in years but I'm gonna try and follow closer this year. Planning to make it to WV in September as well to spectate at my first world cup. Getting stoked to check that off the bucket list!

Definitely a crap shoot. Roll of the dice. Changed my picks 6 or 7 times now. Stuck with Cabirou in the women's. If not for a few mistakes last year she looked so good on the bike. Top splits today until the last one
    Red bull really stepped up the coverage with a prerace show and also a track analysis with Elliot. Fingers crossed the same for actual race coverage with more cameras

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    oof. Lots of big names that didn't qualify. When was the last time Minnaar was healthy but didn't make the main event?
    So weird. Greg even commented in an earlier video from the last couple days how excited he was for the season and how much he rode during the off season. I guess he normally took many months of the bike until team camp, but this year he rode all winter.

I think he is so used to being protected and riding chill in timed practice/quali that he kinda forgot he actually had to be on his game this time.

The look on his face when Rob broke the news on the live feed this morning was pretty nuts.

ahh Finn! D’oh!

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    ahh Finn! D’oh!
    He looked like he was getting after it.

Great race

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    He looked like he was getting after it.

Great race

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Awesome to finally catch one of these live! So much fun! Finn looked like he was attacking especially through first few corners maybe just got a little too aggressive through the roots!

Good racing!! Class of the field made it count

Damn it loris! You were supposed to win!

Great race. Seems like a fun track to ride.

Double shit. I had Lori's and Finn

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Yeah, I think Finn is really coming into his own, just needs to dial it back about 1% and at least keep the rubber down. I think he was just too excited and ripping hard.

Ya, he has the confidence but maybe still full of piss and vinegar. Kids pumped to let it loose. He'll get one soon

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Ya, he has the confidence but maybe still full of piss and vinegar. Kids pumped to let it loose. He'll get one soon

That's the hot take based on the first three corners or whatever he made.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Hard to tell with the kid. He'd even be checkers or wreckers in junior when he was the clear favourite and didn't need to be. Guessing game isn't going to get easier for fort bill. Greg or Aaron get pissed and lay one down because they're goat category? Momo because he won last year? Danny because he's been so focused on it? Matt Walker obviously can and home turf? Bruni because Bruni? Finn because Finn? Loris or Luca because they can and are looking for redemption? Brooks done well there and wants better? Laurie is always a danger man? Troy's won his first there and keys on that? Add in the ones I've forgot. It's going to be insane.

Loris, Luca, and Finn all have huge potential but they all are young and struggle to keep the bike upright and lay down a clean run. Greenland was kinda similar, but seems to found a consistent pace for himself.

Ft. Bill will be interesting. The track is long enough that there's a lot of room for error. Mostly it just sucks that its over a month away, which is way too much time for me to pointlessly fuss around with my fantasy team.

Hard to tell with the kid. He'd even be checkers or wreckers in junior when he was the clear favourite and didn't need to be. Guessing game isn't going to get easier for fort bill. Greg or Aaron get pissed and lay one down because they're goat category? Momo because he won last year? Danny because he's been so focused on it? Matt Walker obviously can and home turf? Bruni because Bruni? Finn because Finn? Loris or Luca because they can and are looking for redemption? Brooks done well there and wants better? Laurie is always a danger man? Troy's won his first there and keys on that? Add in the ones I've forgot. It's going to be insane.

Yeah, the list of contenders is lengthening.... I like it. The women's category has a tight top 3 now too.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Yeah, the list of contenders is lengthening.... I like it. The women's category has a tight top 3 now too.
    I'd even go so far as to call the women top 4. Possibly 5 with Hrastnik. Cabirou is going to shock the field. I wouldn't be surprised if she smokes them at the world champs. She's got guy muscle strength handling the bike with girl finesse and her fitness is really getting there. Itll be her and tahnee duking for the overall in the coming years just probably not quite this year. More fitness/training and a bit of experience and look out, but ya girls is also tight racing. Should be a fun year with extra races too
    Itd be hilarious if Mae's and Hill could both pop in with success and really stir things

Holy shit! Maes by 8 seconds in stage 1. Beast mode

Holy shit! Maes by 8 seconds in stage 1. Beast mode

Hoping he shows up for some dh races. Dude's on fire.

Ya he's on another level it seems