Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

2019 Racing on Dirt

Zero. I give zero fucks. Nobody cares about your team, your brand or your country of origin. It’s mountain bike racing.

How ‘bout a World Champs. Let only the top 20 overall compete. Get actual TV coverage and let us watch it like a goddamn race. Two stages Saturday and two stages Sunday so the TV timing works and everyone’s fresh. Give massive cash prizes for every stage so that racers go Ballz to the wall everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Apparently fantasy points are awarded by country, not by individual rider. So I'm pretty much out for this round.

I think the team racing format for the Nations race is dope. Party train race runs? Sign me up.

I don't really follow motocross, but apparently the Des Nations is a big deal - and I think this is a nod to that.

A true one day Enduro WC would be cool too. They could do the proper 1 day/1 rider WC to award the individual stripes - then do the Nation team racing format the next day.

Full TV coverage and massive cash prizes for stages unfortunately are not realistic. DH World Cups are on one track at a resort, essentially one racer at a time and the coverage is still half assed. Spread that out over 5 tracks scattered around a resort or adjacent backcountry and production logistics prove quite challenging. Stage wins are cool and a marker of who is going fast - but the whole point of enduro is the blend of speed and consistency to make it through the day.

Also...Murrica! Fuck yeah Richie, Cody and Shawn!

Yawn
    It’s a festival, not a race. Everyone was having fun but the Ameribros.
    Were you cheering for your favorite brand team? Or the individuals race that nobody understood?

However many are in a shit ton.

2019 Racing on Dirt

Brand team? Are you talking about the industry race? - Nope, I don’t have the bandwidth to care about that race, besides being stoked to see some classic names on that start list.

As for the individuals race, I’m not quite sure what’s hard to understand. It was open to anyone who was qualified to race - just like they do at regular EWS races. But unless you’re really into global amateur and Masters age group results - it wouldn’t be worth paying attention to.

In the race that counted, the racers were racing. You should tell Richie Rude that they won because nobody else was trying.
    It’s impossible for a Belgian to not try and win a bike race, it’s in their DNA.

Not sure why you’re so prickly about this.

On behalf of EWS and the UCI I’ll apologize for not creating exactly the event that you desired. Your complaints have been forwarded to the appropriate committees and will be reviewed prior to race organization next year.

Last edited by joetron; 09-30-2019 at 12:25 PM.