Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Isabeau quietly crushes the field on a bike that looks ridiculously huge on her. And never not stoked!
    Here’s hoping Cecile comes back strong and Courdurier can give her a good fight in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

She’s world champion now, here’s hoping Intense makes her a bike that fits. You’d think they already would have done it. She’s amazing. And adorable.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

She was one her new bike. I thought it looked like it fit, or atleast a lot better. Mullet with a shorter rear end. Certain limitations are hard to overcome. A mullet 26/27.5 might fit better but then the clock is running

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I might hate short riders on 29ers but winning is winning. She uses that extra momentum to her advantage even if it looks like a clown bike.

I hope we see a bike check on it. Not many mullet bikes on the market yet that arent emtb's. Yet

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    She was one her new bike. I thought it looked like it fit, or atleast a lot better. Mullet with a shorter rear end. Certain limitations are hard to overcome. A mullet 26/27.5 might fit better but then the clock is running

Sweet, didn’t catch that. Wonder if it’s just a tracer rear end. My last gen Tracer had 435mm stays, pretty respectable. IIRC the Carbine’s are in the 445 neighborhood.

Bike brands are scared to make mixed wheel. They know their best customers just follow trends. They would rather go super boost or whatever so you can fit whatever size wheel and tire you want in a frame.

Wondered about that. Lack of mullet wheel options and also tire liners. I tried mullet on my old 26" demo 8 when i had the marzocchi 380 on it(it was made for 26 or 27.5) and found it strange having different feel front and back but i guess i didnt put enough time in on it. Now im kind of addicted to the rolling speed of the 29 up front on my decoy and am used to it. No drawbacks yet but thats only 15 rides in

Even if Isabeau was 27.5 front and back, the wheels would look HUDGE!
    She’s 5’ even.
    I’ve been running mullet bikes for years. No drawbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Sweet, didn’t catch that. Wonder if it’s just a tracer rear end. My last gen Tracer had 435mm stays, pretty respectable. IIRC the Carbine’s are in the 445 neighborhood.
    I suppose it could even be sub 430 if its a custom proto. I think santa cruz' bronson is 430 now. Not too up on either co's numbers but id think theyd be similar except more travel on her bike than a bronson. It looks pretty tight and crammed in there around the bottom pivot. Tracer rear end would seem easiest but it does look a little different

Anyone have experience using a mucky butt rear fender in a race. XC race next weekend with rain in the forecast and I’ve never used a fender.

Fenders are too heavy for XC sorry. Collect mud on your butt like a true hero.

Proto swingarm w low shock mount. Heavy manipulated al plates snd tubes looks dopeName:  s600_image000000.jpeg
Views: 216
Size:  44.2 KBName:  s1600_EWSZermatt19as6i1826.jpeg
Views: 238
Size:  84.9 KB

Holy shit, that's wild, I had no idea. She was just on the stock Carbine in Whistler still. Makes sense that Intense is following Santa Cruz' lead with VPP progression, been that way for a long time. Significant standover improvement. Hopefully they take the opportunity to fully modernize the geometry.

I'm on my first 29er since last year and I really don't see the need to to mulletize. I have gotten my butt bumped by the back tire a few times but NBD. I like the big wheel rollover in the back as well as the front. Carries momentum over obstacle so much better.

At a certain height its either or. I demoed the spartan 29 and was more than pleasantly surprised. It wasnt a huge deal but i did find moving around the 9er rear wheel a bit cumbersome when hitting drops or jumps. Not too bad in the corners but a bit slower side to side. I can see why Loic and Danny have stayed with the mullet. Then you have Loris on a full 9er and then a tall guy like Fairclough prefering the mullet. I want to have a short chainstay 9er enduro that i can run a 27.5 on it a fair bit . Full 9 for the alpine and xc and mullet for the steep dh. Front rolls over stuff and through steep compressions while the 27 sticks in the holes for braking and get the rear loose

I'm always amazed at how much she dominates considering how tiny she is. You'd think one of the bigger girls would, like how the bigger guys tend to.

Ya for sure. Long legs and arms are like doubling your suspension travel. Bunch of small crazh fast dhers though greenland, bruni, brosnan, even more in ews

2019 Racing on Dirt

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    At a certain height its either or. I demoed the spartan 29 and was more than pleasantly surprised. It wasnt a huge deal but i did find moving around the 9er rear wheel a bit cumbersome when hitting drops or jumps. Not too bad in the corners but a bit slower side to side. I can see why Loic and Danny have stayed with the mullet. Then you have Loris on a full 9er and then a tall guy like Fairclough prefering the mullet. I want to have a short chainstay 9er enduro that i can run a 27.5 on it a fair bit . Full 9 for the alpine and xc and mullet for the steep dh. Front rolls over stuff and through steep compressions while the 27 sticks in the holes for braking and get the rear loose

My Firebird 29 will do it, maybe I should try it. Krispy runs his that way. Just puts the flip chip in the high position and it preserves the geo and BB height. He’s a lot faster than me, took it to Dh nationals. Must be something to it.

Didn’t realize the story behind Isabeau’s new bike. She helped develop it with Chad Peterson, Intense’s COO since 2013. He passed after a bike accident earlier this month in Temecula. Awesome guy by all accounts and a dedicated rider. They had a contest for the Sniper release earlier this summer, the “Chad Challenge”, match his mileage and/or vert for a month and win a bike. He logged 1025 miles and 132,000 vertical feet that month.

Ride In Peace Chad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0085.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	957.8 KB 
ID:	295075

Holy shit. Thats an impressive amount of vert. Just shy of 5g/day. Been a looong time since i could consider that challenge. Definitely narrow the odds of winning if you could do that. Body would start to fall apart after a week
    Nice bike. Firebird and there dh bike look.to be top choices atm. Rear wheel isnt much of an investment to give the mullet a try

He did log that mileage/vert after they released their Ebike.........

Isabeau = Class Act

That sounds moar funz. Id still get beat down

Trophy Of Nations: how many Fucks do you give?

Points still available!! Im pulling a Sam Hill!! Gonna smash you fuckers!!!

I think I'd give slightly more fucks if they called it world champs. Trophy of nations sounds... dumb.

Ya i think im missing something . They have national teams and industry teams. Not sure how they factor everything. Rainbow stripes for industry winners? I say the standard one female one male rainbows and one female junior one male junior rainbow and done. Splash the bubbly