Can anyone compare the Rio Streamertip, vs the Big Nasty sink tip?

I’m about to buy a new 7wt, and trying to figure out which streamer line I want to use.

Mostly on foot/wading. Maybe a boat trip or two per year.

If he doesn't respond here PM snapt, he is the line guru, I am pretty sure that he used to work for one of the line manufacturers. He has been really helpful answering my questions in the past
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Done. Thanks

PM replied to. I love the Airflow StreamerMax series, the RIO streamertip is no slouch but for user friendliness the Airflow is hard to beat. If in need of an intermediate tip I'll still give the nod to the RIO however.

Snapt, thanks. Reading that the Airflo doesn’t have a loop on the tip and it’s designed to be cut back to customize. That freaks me out a bit. I’d hate to fuck it up...still probably try it in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    Snapt, thanks. Reading that the Airflo doesn’t have a loop on the tip and it’s designed to be cut back to customize. That freaks me out a bit. I’d hate to fuck it up...still probably try it in any case.
    Its pretty simple to build a loop on the end. Loop it over and tie 2 nail knots with 10 pound test, a little uv glue to cover the rough spots and its good to go. If it works on a 100 pound tarpon it will work on a streamer line
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Yeah, not worried about building the loop per se’ more about trimming the line. I think they say, trim in 6” segments, so that should be safe enough.

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    Yeah, not worried about building the loop per se’ more about trimming the line. I think they say, trim in 6” segments, so that should be safe enough.
    Cool and yea for what its worth I cut my 12 foot sink tip down to 8 foot to work better in fast water

I’m a Jong angler even more than a Jong skier(maybe not), and I’ve spent more time looking at frigging lines more than I’ve spent looking at “poles”... now I’m wanting to upgrade my pole. Get more enjoyment out of the research than I should.