Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    If I had to buy a two ski quiver today, not having the quiver of skis I now own, I would own the Dynastar X106 and the 189 Billy Goat. That combo would get it done in any conditions we see out here.

Ditto what everyone said prior -- for beta on C&D vs Goat check out the ON3P thread from 1-2 weeks ago several people have talked about it.

205# and 6ft

My quiver--
    - 179 Shreditor 102 (early season days)
    - 189 goat (99% of the year)
    - 189 C&D ( >12", cat skiing)

- 186 Gunsmokes (prior to finding the goats this was that spot)

Gitsome goats for like 98% of days... plus something more narrow for coral reef / dry spells. Skis that come toe mind; piste jib, woodsman/wren/jeffery (depending on style), peacemakers (if ya can find em).

I have the bc Corvus which is an excellent all Mtn and hard pack ski. I also have some 188 megawatts for sale and they are a great pow day ski for pnw

I pretty much ski Wren 108's more than any other ski in my garage these days... they fucking rip on groomers and can deal with deep heavy snow that we get out here well. If it's really deep I ski JJ's... and tour with DPS 112s. Wrens fucking kick ass.

Mine is a 3 ski quiver

187 Bonafide for skinny ski
    190 QLab for DD
    191 BG for pow days.

I'm looking for a replacement for the QLab and eyeing Wren 108, Enforcer 104 and Wildcat 108. BG is pretty well locked in and I really dig the Bonafide. Still love the QLab but sometimes you need to change.

current quiver:
    187 Dynastar Menace 98
    192 Dynastar Pro Rider 105
    191 On3p Billygoats

Have not wanted for much else.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    current quiver:
    187 Dynastar Menace 98
    192 Dynastar Pro Rider 105
    191 On3p Billygoats

Have not wanted for much else.
    Didn’t you just buy line Pescados?

184cm Volkl Mantra M5 - firm snow, spring skiing, cruising around
    183cm Black Crows Corvus - daily mid-winter driver for softer conditions/some pow
    186cm DPS 115RPC - pow day fun

There are others that drift in and out of the quiver (Pinnacle 105 rock skis, Bentchetler 120s and Pon2oons for deepest days), but those are my favorite and most reliably skied 3.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Mine is a 3 ski quiver

187 Bonafide for skinny ski
    190 QLab for DD
    191 BG for pow days.

I'm looking for a replacement for the QLab and eyeing Wren 108, Enforcer 104 and Wildcat 108. BG is pretty well locked in and I really dig the Bonafide. Still love the QLab but sometimes you need to change.
    Woodsman? I'm looking at WC108 and Woods108 as my QLab replacement. Any input on QLab vs Bone? When do you grab one vs the other?

Quote Originally Posted by 3pin View Post
    184cm Volkl Mantra M5 - firm snow, spring skiing, cruising around
    183cm Black Crows Corvus - daily mid-winter driver for softer conditions/some pow
    186cm DPS 115RPC - pow day fun
    I'm close to this - but I got some Mindbender 99s and Rustler 11s instead. Just got the Corvus and looking forward to taking them for a slide next week.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Didn’t you just buy line Pescados?
    Yeah but they haven't arrived yet and I haven't skied them so they don't "count". Same with the dynastar m-free 108

Quote Originally Posted by scblurlt View Post
    not your size , but reckon this set of three covers all the bases except horrid resort only days on refrozen snow , when id be on my bike in the morning

Attachment 312098Attachment 312098
    What binding is that on the Kastle’s? Looks like shifts and tectons on the others...

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by joeshek View Post
    What binding is that on the Kastle’s? Looks like shifts and tectons on the others...

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Looks like the new BD xenic

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Yeah but they haven't arrived yet and I haven't skied them so they don't "count". Same with the dynastar m-free 108
    I’ll have to use that on the wife sometime. “ hey honey, i don’t have them or skied them so technically they don’t count.” .....

Since this thread is back, I couldn’t see myself skiing the the PNW without a 189 Billy Goat or 190 Wildcat.

Add something you’re comfortable with for low tide and mixed soft snow

2-3 Ski Quiver for the PNW

i like jibby damp skis when it’s soft and never paired too well with pintail based on tailgunning habbits

-bonafide
    -wren108
    -kartel/jeffery116

on3p if you’re chasing rebound in your heavy skis, and err a bit wide in width to float on the glop instead of in it on those days

GPO

Any one of:
    [m103, wailer 105, superbro]

With probably 75% of my days on GPOs

I would be super interested to hear what you think of the Pescados.

I normally like heavy chargers a la LP105 - like you do - but the Pescados just look stupidly fun.

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    Woodsman? I'm looking at WC108 and Woods108 as my QLab replacement. Any input on QLab vs Bone? When do you grab one vs the other?
    I grab the Bones when there's no new snow for the past couple days or after some rain where I know I'm sticking close to groom. QLab for any day when I know the snow will be decent up to around 4" of new. Also my travel ski. BG for anything over 4" or slurpee surfing days. Looking at the WC 108 to add a little playfulness to my DD slot. I need to read up more on the Woods 108.

The Woodsman should be a more progressive mounted and playful Wren basically. More tail rocker but still directional. My impression is Wildcat 108 would be just a step further towards playful, less directional, lighter.

Wildcat is significantly further on the playful category than the Woodsman
    A totally non scientific placement on the chargy to playful spectrum
    Wren......Woodsman................WildCat......... .Jeffery

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Wildcat is significantly further on the playful category than the Woodsman
    A totally non scientific placement on the chargy to playful spectrum
    Wren......Woodsman................WildCat......... .Jeffery
    Thanks that’s actually helpful. Have you skied both? I’d love to hear your thoughts.

That’s exactly why I’d like to get on both. I don’t really know how far down the playful spectrum would work best for me. I was going back and forth on Wren/Jeff for a couple years. I’m mostly a storm chaser, so my “daily” really doesn’t get skied that much. Then half of those I seem to end up with some slower folks and just sinking around. That’s when I think something a bit more loose and playful than the QLab would be nice but I still need it to be able to get down to business too.

I've been skiing the Wildcat 108s nearly all of the time at Whistler this season and have generally been really pleased with them. They're playful and intuitive, and fun to carve on anything that isn't super firm. Loose in 3D snow but solid on edge once you tip them over. They're quite light though and do have a speed limit in heavy cut-up snow. I was on the fence between them and the Woodsman 108s, wish I could've demoed both since I still second-guess the decision sometimes.

Also have Dynastar Slicer (Menace) 98s for firmer days but might look into replacing these with a more on piste-oriented ski since I've been wanting to take the WC108s out whenever it's the least bit soft. Maybe Mantra M5s or M102s.

Line Pescados with Tectons for deep pow days, but mostly just pull those out for backcountry meadow-skipping and tree skiing.

I'm eager to see the new Katana 108 and Cochise 106 as DD contenders this year.

Right now my PNW 3 ski quiver is: 187 Hoji daily driver, 191 LibTech PowNAS for days when I feel like a change and 186 Renegade for big days when I feel younger and stronger than I really am.
    Being grown-up sucks!