Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jongle View Post
    I've been skiing the Wildcat 108s nearly all of the time at Whistler this season and have generally been really pleased with them. They're playful and intuitive, and fun to carve on anything that isn't super firm. Loose in 3D snow but solid on edge once you tip them over. They're quite light though and do have a speed limit in heavy cut-up snow. I was on the fence between them and the Woodsman 108s, wish I could've demoed both since I still second-guess the decision sometimes.
    Thanks for the WC108 feedback. What size are you on? I'm right there on the fence with you. I thought I was leaning WC108 but lately I've been thinking I should lean more towards the stable side than playful and Woodsman 108 is pretty tempting.

Yeah, I had been looking at the WC 108, but the weight is concerning, especially when I ski the junk we had at Alpental. The Woodsman has really got my attention now. My BGs crushed the sloppy mess before it got packed down and were still a great choice after. Man, I love those skis.

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    Thanks for the WC108 feedback. What size are you on? I'm right there on the fence with you. I thought I was leaning WC108 but lately I've been thinking I should lean more towards the stable side than playful and Woodsman 108 is pretty tempting.
    I'm on the 184 (5'8, 165lbs). They're the right length for me, haven't wished that I'd sized up so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jongle View Post
    I'm on the 184 (5'8, 165lbs). They're the right length for me, haven't wished that I'd sized up so far.
    I’m 5’10” but about your weight and agree I think I’d go 184 for the WC. The 182 Woodsman should be about the same length. But the 187 is only 3cm longer than my Billy Goats with a more centered mount so it makes me question if I should size up or down.

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    Thanks that’s actually helpful. Have you skied both? I’d love to hear your thoughts.

That’s exactly why I’d like to get on both. I don’t really know how far down the playful spectrum would work best for me. I was going back and forth on Wren/Jeff for a couple years. I’m mostly a storm chaser, so my “daily” really doesn’t get skied that much. Then half of those I seem to end up with some slower folks and just sinking around. That’s when I think something a bit more loose and playful than the QLab would be nice but I still need it to be able to get down to business too.
    I have skied some iteration of both, but also about as far from each other as possible. 185 WC tour (116), and 182 Woodsman 96. Wildcat cuts a quicker turn and is more alive in tight places. Woodsman gets better the faster you ski it, prefers to be on edge and wants an aggressive engaged skier. Both work best with a balanced slightly forward stance. Not as centered as a Billy Goat or Kartel/Jeffery, but also not as 100% forward, hips lead the ski as the current Cochise.

Raise my hand for team BG
    This year swapped in a 189 asym veneer set and I’m really happy. Slightly stiffer slightly lighter than pervious pair. I’m not getting any younger
    My new tree ski that doubles as a teaching ski with Jr —- Steeple 108 184cm w/ BG layup. Skinny Billy. This is available custom fyi
    Then metal 90-100 of your choice. I’m digging FX95 HP

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I have skied some iteration of both, but also about as far from each other as possible. 185 WC tour (116), and 182 Woodsman 96. Wildcat cuts a quicker turn and is more alive in tight places. Woodsman gets better the faster you ski it, prefers to be on edge and wants an aggressive engaged skier. Both work best with a balanced slightly forward stance. Not as centered as a Billy Goat or Kartel/Jeffery, but also not as 100% forward, hips lead the ski as the current Cochise.
    I do have some old 184 Bibby Pros so I’m familiar with the mount and shape at least. I’m always hesitant to interpolate too much data from different yet similar skis. Might be worth getting a couple days on them again as I haven’t skied them since I got BGs.

These two serve all my maritime needs:
    189/191 Billy Goat
    191 Kartel

Whether I end up skiing them or not, I bring at least one of them every time I go out. Jury’s still out for me on what a third ski would be. Lots of good options. I’m really partial to the 2019 Corvus and the OG Cochise. Enough that I’d happily tour on them despite their weight. So maybe one of those as a third.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    These two serve all my maritime needs:
    189/191 Billy Goat
    191 Kartel

Whether I end up skiing them or not, I bring at least one of them every time I go out. Jury’s still out for me on what a third ski would be. Lots of good options. I’m really partial to the 2019 Corvus and the OG Cochise. Enough that I’d happily tour on them despite their weight. So maybe one of those as a third.
    Happy you kept the Corvus?

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Happy you kept the Corvus?
    Heh. Yes, and I appreciate the peer pressure.

tl;dr

has anyone mentioned that one can FLY to a warm location for some serious joint rehabilitation for the same price as the 3rd ski in the quiver??

I somehow feel like Lithic Skis should be mentioned in this conversation. We do, after all, actually ski a lot in PNW conditions and make our skis accordingly. Personally, I'm on the Cohen 118 almost daily and for really big days I break out the incredible Fletcher 124s. Oh, and the Cohen 110 for Mission ridge groomers and such.

Quote Originally Posted by peshastin_proud View Post
    I somehow feel like Lithic Skis should be mentioned in this conversation. We do, after all, actually ski a lot in PNW conditions and make our skis accordingly. Personally, I'm on the Cohen 118 almost daily and for really big days I break out the incredible Fletcher 124s. Oh, and the Cohen 110 for Mission ridge groomers and such.
    I think many of us would like to put that to the test, but, at least for me, the $950 entry point is keeping me away. Especially when I can get an ON3P for $750 or cheaper (or more expensive if you want). The designs look nice though I wish the Cohen 106 was longer than a 185. Would love to try some if you ever do some demos around Alpental.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I think many of us would like to put that to the test, but, at least for me, the $950 entry point is keeping me away. Especially when I can get an ON3P for $750 or cheaper (or more expensive if you want). The designs look nice though I wish the Cohen 106 was longer than a 185. Would love to try some if you ever do some demos around Alpental.
    We don't actually have a Cohen 106 in our lineup. However, it's fairly easy for us to make a longer template for any of our models...just takes a simple email. Also, we understand our prices are high but we've also seen what it looks like when independent companies undersell their products and it's not pretty. Concerning demos, again, the insurance policy for having a demo tent at a resort is an absurdly high cost that can't really justify any sort of an ROI. I suppose some of you will just have to bite the bullet and spend the extra $200 if you're really interested. Or, go to Mission Ridge and demo some and give us your thoughts. We do plan on having a more expansive demo fleet next season at various reputable shops and we'll be certain to keep you all in the loop.

All the best,
    Lithic

Quote Originally Posted by peshastin_proud View Post
    We don't actually have a Cohen 106 in our lineup. However, it's fairly easy for us to make a longer template for any of our models...just takes a simple email. Also, we understand our prices are high but we've also seen what it looks like when independent companies undersell their products and it's not pretty. Concerning demos, again, the insurance policy for having a demo tent at a resort is an absurdly high cost that can't really justify any sort of an ROI. I suppose some of you will just have to bite the bullet and spend the extra $200 if you're really interested. Or, go to Mission Ridge and demo some and give us your thoughts. We do plan on having a more expansive demo fleet next season at various reputable shops and we'll be certain to keep you all in the loop.

All the best,
    Lithic
    Sorry, I meant the Joplin, though a 106 Cohen sounds pretty nice, too. I hope you didn't take any offense as I like what you guys are doing and have been following the threads. I know how hard it is getting pricing dialed for the value/effort involved in the product. One of these days I'll make it to Mission but it's a tough pull when Alpental is 40 minutes door to door. I'll be looking for the demos next year.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Sorry, I meant the Joplin, though a 106 Cohen sounds pretty nice, too. I hope you didn't take any offense as I like what you guys are doing and have been following the threads. I know how hard it is getting pricing dialed for the value/effort involved in the product. One of these days I'll make it to Mission but it's a tough pull when Alpental is 40 minutes door to door. I'll be looking for the demos next year.
    Absolutely no offense taken at all. We're looking to have some demos on your side of the mountains next season and that should make it all easier. If you do ever make it Mission be sure to reach out and we'll bring as many of our personal quiver as we can for you to get out on.