Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Expanse

Without giving out too much, at the end, how did she make it to the ship, and the dude froze, what am I missing.
    I know she took a shot, but he froze at the door, and she made it a long fucking way??

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    I was a little annoyed with Bobbi picking out the bullet fragment from her shoulder, and then just tossing it behind her. In an ultra-fast razorback, where it could become a deadly projectile in an instant. A bit sloppy for both a martian marine and the show in general IMO.
    Add the fact they are in zero G and the bullet is heard clanking as it hits the floor. The new version of the show has indeed gotten rather sloppy with these small details that really made it all seem more real.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
    Without giving out too much, at the end, how did she make it to the ship, and the dude froze, what am I missing.
    I know she took a shot, but he froze at the door, and she made it a long fucking way??
    I don't think you missing anything other than it was rather unbelievable how far she "jumped". If it was <20 meters it would have been a lot more believable. That scene looked more like closer to 100m.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.

monkeys can last 15-30 seconds in space and then suffocate. she gave herself a shot of the oxygenated blood(that they set up with the reporters kidnapping at tycho).

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
    I think it’s because that other dude is in like three or four episodes and she’s one of the original main characters. I believe it is called plot armor

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Add the fact they are in zero G and the bullet is heard clanking as it hits the floor. The new version of the show has indeed gotten rather sloppy with these small details that really made it all seem more real.
    Aren't they on their way to somewhere,? So 1g...

And I actually read you have some Seconds in vacuum before things are to far gone. And you have to breathe out.or lungs go boom.. Which she did.
    I actually thought they gave the zero G extra care, the magnet tool box. Inaros goons clicking while walking during rendezvous and just walking while in flight..
    Last edited by subtle plague; 01-15-2021 at 10:23 AM.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

The true test will be how they present her post-exposure ........ she should be a complete mess.

Which is where we leave true science with the autodoc and holdens radiation meds.

Ha! Of course - they won't show her at the beginning of treatment, only at the end.

Ok. Just finished episode 8.

That was a tease I liked it. But feel cheated
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Pb... You were afraid she wouldn't look like shit? Well she did. Argh...ouch

Damn I like the realness of the ship's electronics.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Damn I like the realness of the ship's electronics.
    I was think thinking the same during that episode. The set designers do a great job keeping things like that rooted in some level of reality.

Edit to add that it had been bugging me that I couldn't figure out who the woman was that Amos had rescued from the prison. Clarissa Mao... duh...

Amos hitting the post apocalyptic road with a woman named Peaches, a one-armed mob boss, and a case of tequila. Way to set the stage for high expectations!

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Pb... You were afraid she wouldn't look like shit? Well she did. Argh...ouch
    Yabbut ....... I do applaud them for not sliding on by, but seriously, she should have been 3 layers of skin lighter and blind, not to mention dead from gas bubbles in her blood and tissues. The oxygen thing was a red herring.

Not the show's fault, since they were sticking almost exactly to the authors' story.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Amos hitting the post apocalyptic road with a woman named Peaches, a one-armed mob boss, and a case of tequila. Way to set the stage for high expectations!
    Looking at it this way. I want a spin off!

This season is officially boring. I don't think they can pack enough stuff into the last episode to make up for the rest of the season.

The Expanse

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    This season is officially boring. I don't think they can pack enough stuff into the last episode to make up for the rest of the season.
    ^^^Ive actually fallen asleep watching episodes this season.....maybe it’s just cuz I’m tired.....but episodes don’t seem to be keeping me awake....lol.

haven't seen this weeks yet...
    but
    can someone remind me of how amos knows peaches/clarissa?
    i missed that when he went off to visit her

Ahm. She tried to blow em up and blame it on holden in season 3? And then saved the day...

I'm not really sure what to think of season 5, but I rember I liked the book. Weird.

Amos and Peaches are both cold blooded killers who met and fell in love in space. Their kids are not going to play well with others.

I think a big part of the "boringness" is that the proto-molecule and the gate have completely taken a back seat to the drama between the solar systems groups of humans. There really hasn't been any part of the storyline involving that "mysterious" element surrounding alien technology and unlocking secrets of the universe. Instead it is just a dramatic war movie that involves spaceships (with not enough of the latter).

I just finished watching episode 10

Way to much time spent on Naomi again.

Along with what the heck just happened?
    Who's on who's side.

There was lots of cool stuff crammed into the end. But was I entertained.
    I'm not sure.

Who is the Naomi character related to in real life? Boring! So many great personalities getting a couple seconds here and there but ignored
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Fucking amazing ep10

Woah . Now I know again why I loved 5 book 5

So many amazing things. In ep 10.