Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: The Expanse

A great ending. Although I knew how it would go.

For those who want more: read the books. I sure hope they come back in 5 or 10 years and do season 7. So they can do the time jump without makeup.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Agree; although saving Felip was un-necessary. Unless I'm mis-remembering the book?????

I thought it was a fun ride, especially since it sounds like the Laconia situation isn't dealt with in the books either. Those were some of the best battle scenes in the whole series.

One question for subtle plague: At the end of the credits the whole ring goes red, is that a reference to something in the books?

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Agree; although saving Felip was un-necessary. Unless I'm mis-remembering the book?????
    Filip gets away in the book.

And dan: in book 8 the Ringsspace becomes somewhat unpleasant. But not in book 7... there is A huge battle. Which is the explanation to the laconia thing. But the books built laconia up to be "interesting" just like the Show. But there you knew you'd see the outcome....

Got it. I thought maybe they were inferring that the entities got activated permanently at the Sol ring.

Anyone else notice the names on this?
    Name:  988AACDE-DFAE-4103-9054-3666CB73A4FF.jpeg
Views: 370
Size:  170.9 KB
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    This show was good, but not quite at the level of those names.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    LOL now I've seen it. Nice.
    And dan:no the Ring entities are never permanently active.(well at least not in the ship eating way) The story wouldn't go on otherwise

The Ring space is basically a non space within another universe where the blue station steals the energy from to Power itself and the rings. The inhabitants of that universe are not very happy about it. The Green boundary where everything vanishes keeps them out of the Ring space.
    And let's say in book 8 the boundary temporaliy weakens and Medina and some 50 ships experience some rather nasty effects. One ship survives but has about 30%(don't remember the exact number.. maybe less?)of it's mass missing. At random places (parts of people, hull and machinery)

Anyone got a bigger picture of those names, I can't make them out and even zooming in, they're too blurry.

subtle plague, I have no idea why you mentioned me, I have no idea what you're talking about.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Think it should have read Dan: No ....... as in responding to Dantheman's post

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    LOL now I've seen it. Nice.
    And dan:no the Ring entities are never permanently active.(well at least not in the ship eating way) The story wouldn't go on otherwise

The Ring space is basically a non space within another universe where the blue station steals the energy from to Power itself and the rings. The inhabitants of that universe are not very happy about it. The Green boundary where everything vanishes keeps them out of the Ring space.
    And let's say in book 8 the boundary temporaliy weakens and Medina and some 50 ships experience some rather nasty effects. One ship survives but has about 30%(don't remember the exact number.. maybe less?)of it's mass missing. At random places (parts of people, hull and machinery)
    Cool, thanks. Yeah, it didn't make a whole lot of sense, but I couldn't tell if it was meaningful or not. Appreciate the background on the ring space.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Think it should have read Dan: No ....... as in responding to Dantheman's post
    Ha, I see it now
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Anyone got a bigger picture of those names, I can't make them out and even zooming in, they're too blurry.

subtle plague, I have no idea why you mentioned me, I have no idea what you're talking about.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...ster-eggs/amp/
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

That alone was worth the price of admission - soooooo cool.

That article links to a bunch of other articles that explain other aspects of the show. Super useful for those of us who haven't read the books.

Anyone tried for any length of time to talk like a belter?

Yeah I don't think the cast did either. Some of them rocked it and others struggled. It's like a weird mix of pidgin and ____?

The Expanse is one of my all time favorite shows but it was a ride listening to them shift in and out, especially Dominique Tipper. But maybe it's explained away like when I visit my hometown and start talking like a redneck.

Anyway, I appreciated the show/books for how they intelligently handle realistic space travel and the physics involved. Although everyone seemed like they walked a little too smoothly with their magic magnet boots in zero g. In early episodes they'd show them suiting up and getting the juice, which I assume prevented high g strokes or something. Alex however touched some #metoo buns and they ceased letting him use the juice on that racing ship.

I just finished season 1 and am trying to be careful reading this thread. So far I'm liking it. What's the rest of the arc like? Am I going to be disappointed in some seasons or is it all on point and engaging?

I thought the show peaked at the end of season 3, but 4-6 were still solid. 4 was probably the weakest but it wasn't bad by any means.

Good to know, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    I just finished season 1 and am trying to be careful reading this thread. So far I'm liking it. What's the rest of the arc like? Am I going to be disappointed in some seasons or is it all on point and engaging?
    it is all good. Don't go into it thinking that some of it may not be worth the watch. Embrace.

Quote Originally Posted by bio-smear View Post
    Anyone tried for any length of time to talk like a belter?

Yeah I don't think the cast did either. Some of them rocked it and others struggled. It's like a weird mix of pidgin and ____?

The Expanse is one of my all time favorite shows but it was a ride listening to them shift in and out, especially Dominique Tipper. But maybe it's explained away like when I visit my hometown and start talking like a redneck.

Anyway, I appreciated the show/books for how they intelligently handle realistic space travel and the physics involved. Although everyone seemed like they walked a little too smoothly with their magic magnet boots in zero g. In early episodes they'd show them suiting up and getting the juice, which I assume prevented high g strokes or something. Alex however touched some #metoo buns and they ceased letting him use the juice on that racing ship.
    Eh, the accent thing didn't bother me. It seemed like they spoke in it more when two belters were talking to each other and less so when talking to others, which strikes me as realistic. And I have certainly known people who have a "comes and goes" accent.