Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Expanse

Wtf is going on with Naomi
    everytime she comes back into the protected area, she leaves the door open behind her
    what am I missing about that?

I think when she goes into the hull we just don't see the airlock decompress and there is another door because the door we see goes into space? And vice versa? And when she goes into space everything just decompresses.

It bugged me, but we never actually saw her take the full tour from the safe space with air. They can't be that forgetful...
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Or maybe they can: her final exit from the ship should have blasted her out like a cannon ball as the remaining air vented into space but noooooooooo ...... and backing up for a running start?!?!?!? RLY?

Nits aside, I enjoyed the season finale, but I'm having a really hard time remembering all the details from the books, so seems mostly new. The upside of senility!

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Or maybe they can: her final exit from the ship should have blasted her out like a cannon ball as the remaining air vented into space but noooooooooo ...... and backing up for a running start?!?!?!? RLY?

Nits aside, I enjoyed the season finale, but I'm having a really hard time remembering all the details from the books, so seems mostly new. The upside of senility!
    If she still had her magnetic boots on she shouldn't be sucked out. Although I would think the escaping air would have push on her upper body a bit.
    The running start was to push herself as far away from the booby-trapped ship as fast as she could. She wanted to give them plenty of room to pick her up.

That episode was really good. Some good space battles and we're finally getting back to the mysteriousness of the ring gate and whatever the Martians think they are doing with the protomolecule.
    Knowing that Cas Anvar was released from the show made it more obvious that Alex's
    death was kind of shoehorned in.
    Looking forward to season 6.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

I thought that was the easy part. When outer doors open they store the air some where first. No way any smart ship wastes air.

I completely missed that Alex died in that episode
    how did that happen/get explained? [I see from an online recap that it was during Bobby's spacewalk to get Naomi]

(maybe I got up to let a dog in & missed it?)

Stroke from high g burn. I actually enjoyed the randomness of it.
    How did you miss that,?

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    How did you miss that,?
    gonna have to rewatch that sequence

They had to kill off Alex because Cas Anvar is sex harasser.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I thought that was the easy part. When outer doors open they store the air some where first. No way any smart ship wastes air.
    I've seen the specs on those mag boots, they're not that grippy! ..... but they're a bitch to run in.

But even so: de-mag, open and vent, let decompression do the work for you.
    Certainly no one would let precious air out normally, but ...... ship's about to explode!

And we certainly got to see the airlock double doors in action when Naomi jumped ship ...... so now it's no longer required?!?

No that's what I meant. The door she goes through into space is not the same door to get into the hull. We never see that door from the inside perspective.

And since she can't access any of the ship's systems she certainly can't shut off the auto oxy saving system before jumping into space that's actually well established since they all wear space suits when in battle.

How did you miss that,?
    I actually had to skip back 10 seconds after watching it the first time. He's just sitting there in the captain's chair with his eyes open and an alarm beeping. I wasn't sure what he was staring at. Maybe in awe of another whole fleet of Free Navy bearing down on them?
    Upon review, nope, he's dead. And I put two and two together that he had stroked out (foreshadowed a few minutes earlier when he and Bobby discussed the topic as they approached Naomi).
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

You missed the small zero G blood droplets coming from his nose
    rewind!

And since she can't access any of the ship's systems she certainly can't shut off the auto oxy saving system before jumping into space that's actually well established since they all wear space suits when in battle.
    Excellent point! I concede!

supposedly they had Alex in the scene in the Luna bar at the end of the episode but after the investigation into Cas creepiness they digitally edited him out and filmed his death scene.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Great show that would have been better if Holden hadn't been miscast. The actor is too young, pretty and dopey. He's the week link in an otherwise superb cast.

Other than that, I agree, one of the best Scifi series ever.

It took me 3 tries, even with this thread and a few other friends nudging me to get into this because of this. It put me off, twice. But I pushed through this time and as soon as Jared Harris pops up I am sold. Into it now and watching 2 or 3 a night.

Want to love this but Johnny Drama is grinding my last ficking nerve

Oh boy. Season 6 on December 10th.
    Only 6 episodes though. But we're going to see laconia.

And 9th book in November

EVERYONE BRACE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PJpkGPtAHE

Very curious to see how they tie things up in Leviathan Falls.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Very curious to see how they tie things up in Leviathan Falls.
    The answers to your questions in the diamond planet.

I'll take that as a distinct possibility, since it was just left hanging there. Will James survive the final book?!?!?

I'm late to the party on this series and didn't read past page 1 of the thread to avoid spoilers. But, I felt compelled to bump this after finishing Season 3 last night. Holy shitballs, the last four episodes of S3 were off the fucking chain. I am totally on-board with this being the best sci-fi ever.

Book 9 is out.

I can't read this thread because I just started watching. Think I am on E7 of season 1. But it is really fucking good.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I can't read this thread because I just started watching. Think I am on E7 of season 1. But it is really fucking good.
    Oh boy, you're in for a ride.