Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Expanse

I got into and blew through all the episodes. It got a little slow for me towards the end of season 4, despite being some important shit. Pretty good series.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Has anyone else watched the new episodes yet? I didn't think they were on until tonight but last night, I went to re-watch the final episode of season 4 and found the first 3 new episodes of season 5 were available.
    It was an interesting set with the crew spread out around the solar system on various personal missions. Getting a look into Amos' past was quite interesting as well. It is much more obvious why he is who he is.

Is Earth screwed due to politicians who refuse to listen to their opposition?
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Watched the 1st episode of the new season tonight. So glad it's back.

It's so good. Great "slow" episodes so far. I

And avrasalas acting became better again? I really felt her frustration in the watchtower scene.

Amos being Amos. Paraphrased: Hey old man got something for us?
    No.
    What did you say?
    Gets up and looks murderous: I said no.
    Thugs leave.

Edit: and Cas anvar is out for season 6 because of his sexual weirdness stuff. I wonder how they'll do it. He's not unimportant in the books. Maybe draper can suddenly fly ships?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

I burned through the first 3 in three hours. It was not great but you can see they are setting the stage for some interesting stuff.

Needless to say it would be rude to get into specifics here
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Oh my God. I knew what was coming, I've read the source material, but episode 4 was riveting. Simply the best Sci fi series out there. Or maybe the best series right now? I didn't breathe in some scenes.

Do we discuss content? Or I'll wait with spoilers...

That was an intense episode

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Oh my God. I knew what was coming, I've read the source material, but episode 4 was riveting. Simply the best Sci fi series out there. Or maybe the best series right now? I didn't breathe in some scenes.

Do we discuss content? Or I'll wait with spoilers...
    Agreed. It was predictable and complete kaos. I think they could have skipped most of the first 3 and got right to it.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

M trying catch my wife (mid season 3) lived how the kids were kept in Thule boxes....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

This is the best SciFi show in a long time. Arguably better than BSG v.2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    This is the best SciFi show in a long time. Arguably better than BSG v.2.0
    Yep ^^^ we just binged the first 4 episodes and we're now anxious waiting ep5. Earlier comments about ep 1-3 being bullshit fluff were also dead on... but things really picked up in ep4. Ava Sarala (sp) is one of my favorite characters of the show, and any storyline with her in it is great. Super well written, and her voice just makes me melt. Hot af.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Hey tiny... don't annoy Amos!

Hey tiny... don't annoy Amos!
    Amos is the boss

Season 5 episodes are posting on Tuesday. I watched season 5 episode 5 last night. On Amazon prime.
    It's pretty obvious most of the past personalities are going to end up on the Roci together again. Figure 2 more weeks to pull that off. I could speculate more. But is it not obvious where were headed
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I was actually enjoying Tiny's comic relief shtick ....... sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Season 5 episodes are posting on Tuesday. I watched season 5 episode 5 last night. On Amazon prime.
    It's pretty obvious most of the past personalities are going to end up on the Roci together again. Figure 2 more weeks to pull that off. I could speculate more. But is it not obvious where were headed
    Agreed. But is the UN lady gonna be there annoying everyone this time and is Bobbi gonna get her Ironman suit back?
    Also. Not that it’s all that important but does it seem like they’ve gotten lazy with the zero g stuff? I feel like there’s an awful lot of gravity on spaceships this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Agreed. But is the UN lady gonna be there annoying everyone this time and is Bobbi gonna get her Ironman suit back?
    Also. Not that it’s all that important but does it seem like they’ve gotten lazy with the zero g stuff? I feel like there’s an awful lot of gravity on spaceships this season.
    The UN lady might end up on the ship. She's got Bobbie and Amos working for her.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

If they're on the move it's always gravity. They accelerate and decelerate at 1g. (well not the beratnas obviously..)

I've been binging past seasons and am already on season 4 episode 4. Good shit. Once again I have to thanks TGR for tuning me in.

Sent from my SM-N986U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

I had forgotten how annoying it is to wait a week to watch the next episode of a show.

Whats next, commercials?

Heh. I like that Amos does not have a moral compass and realizes he doesn't. So he needs his crew

Great character development and acting. I like that drummers crewmen asked inaro the right questions from the book. Food IS an issue.

Heh. I like that Amos does not have a moral compass and realizes he doesn't. So he needs his crew.
    Yeah. I thought that was brilliant too. I’m also happy to see Bobbi’s Ironman suit return. I’m looking forward to a full on Bobbi/Amos rampage before this season is over

Yeah. I thought that was brilliant too. I’m also happy to see Bobbi’s Ironman suit return. I’m looking forward to a full on Bobbi/Amos rampage before this season is over
    Don't get your hopes up. I think they won't go on a rampage in season 5. (if I remember the books correctly).

Don't get your hopes up. I think they won't go on a rampage in season 5. (if I remember the books correctly).
    Let’s hope they depart just enough to satisfy my need for chaos. Another good episode this week btw

I was a little annoyed with Bobbi picking out the bullet fragment from her shoulder, and then just tossing it behind her. In an ultra-fast razorback, where it could become a deadly projectile in an instant. A bit sloppy for both a martian marine and the show in general IMO.

Also, I might need to re-watch, but I wasn't quite sure if the protomolecule was truly destroyed in that scene, or if the self-destruction of the ship was a diversion. The staement by Marcos to Philip seemed to indicate it was, but that statement seemed lacking in at least emotion if not timing regarding such a key element of his plan/payback for the martian navy ships.